1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

The Basics

Discussion in 'General DJ Forum' started by Shark sandwich, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shark sandwich

Shark sandwich New Member

Hi Everyone,

I've rooted around this forum a bit and you look like you all know your stuff.

Im looking to build a basic setup from scratch and i am not sure what i need. Am i right in thinking i could get started with:

Laptop
    Sound card
    Controller (e.g i have my eye on the X1)
    and any mixer (i'm thinking one of the mappable faderfox jobs?)

Or is there anything i am missing? I already have speakers and amps etc

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. Frace

Frace Forum Member

if you get an x1 and a souncard (audio 2 for example) you could consider buying an analogue 2channel mixer as well

3. electrogrimey

electrogrimey Forum Member

Headphones? Budget nearly €100 for a decent set. Some kind of case is also pretty necessary for gigs. Apart from headphones that's everything you need.

4. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

@ Shark sandwich... ive gotta ask dude, Spinal Tap?

5. Shark sandwich

Shark sandwich New Member

Nice one cheers guys,

I already have some Sennheisers HD 25 SPs from my vinyl days, and i think i might have an ecler nuo 2 knocking around somewhere. So its prettu much just a case of getting a soundcard and controller and im ready to go!

@Karlos, yes mate, **** sandwich more like.

6. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Awesome. Best Forum name in ages. Made me laugh a lot mate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.