The competition - Akai

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by m-chop, Oct 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m-chop

m-chop NI Product Owner

Originally posted in Gearslutz forum. But to me it looks like the base model of their new set of MPC controllers[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. cblack412

cblack412 NI Product Owner

I looks dope but does it work, lol.

It will be hard pressed to replace my maschine studio bruh! Looking like some lil toy that I would get a son or lil baby brother.... haha

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. skinsfandc

skinsfandc Forum Member

Does it work is the first thing I asked lol.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

I'm thinking Ive got a little room next to my studio for this ,depending on price and other models , and of course , if it works

• Like Like x 1
  5. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

6. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

that tells you what shape the maschine studio is in, most people are already comparing this to that even though the touch is only the akai starter kit lol
    I guess when the rest of the line shows up heads will explode...... ni better come up with something to compare those two pretty quick cause the studios got it's hands full with this little trinket

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  7. m-chop

m-chop NI Product Owner

Well... Maschine Studio came out late 2013, it's Akai's turn to step up.

• Like Like x 1
  8. theinvis

maschine is still in competition with the last ren/studio software update, and then there was that wack keyboard vs keyboard battle to see who has the best fake chord implementation........it's been maschines turn for a while now

• Like Like x 1
  9. mickeyl

mickeyl NI Product Owner

Looks like Akai comes up with what NI did with the studio, so NI is still two years ahead, but if they don't improve the software massively (sic!), then they're going to loose their competitive advantage very soon.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

the build quality looks like the push controllers which is a good thing

• Like Like x 1
  11. dick_bagel

dick_bagel Active Member

i hated the push controller. the pads are way to hard.

• Like Like x 1
  12. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

ni have not done anything to progress the software since 2.0 just sound packs but no the fire has been put to NI they will come with the goodies that they have been stalling on.

but the thing is the stalling of development has alienated certain users so people are tired of the NI's lack of decisive action and progress with the software

• Like Like x 1
  13. theinvis

agreed but then again when your sequencer and midi implementation are 20 years behind.... being ahead in 'better screen tech' can only take you so far but I feel like even your middle finger gets tired out eventually from all of that extending it, It's time for Ni to drop that new 'OPERATING SYSTEM' (chuckles) bomb they've been developing for 10 years, I know they can do it and if they are tired of giving us the finger maybe they are going to give us thee update!
    still think the mpc touch looks like crap though... I don't know what's up with akai, they just up and started putting out crappy looking instruments when they dropped the ren. it's like you get a box with no features or you get an ugly box with features.... I like the form factor of the touch but why didn't they put it into something with the monome case vibe then it would be a pleasure to stay on the machine. actually the mpc 4000 is ugly as hell too

• Like Like x 1
  14. cblack412

cblack412 NI Product Owner

I don't think that Maschine Studio is behind at all. It is still superior to anything out right now. The ease of my making tracks with the Studio will keep it in the forefront.

Just be patient and keep making dope tracks!

• Like Like x 1
  15. djwaxxy

djwaxxy NI Product Owner

one thing the akai mpc touch has no other maschine hardware has is audio in.it was a feature a lot of people thought ni would implement in maschine 2 but they didn't im not saying they should have but it looks like akai have given some users what they want..

on another note ive been using my akai advance 49 since day one and its brilliant :) also I think the mpc touch looks pretty cool if this is the base model cant wait too see what they come up with next

• Like Like x 1
  16. puzzlefactory

puzzlefactory NI Product Owner

Looks interesting, i'm guessing it's a touch screen with a name like mpc touch. I would have thought after that windows demonstration that it would be standalone with the guts of a surface inside it, but that would make it very expensive and would probably price themselves out the market, so maybe not.

Personally, i still have zero interest in a midi controller that has a built in audio interface. So if it isn't standalone, then it's not for me. Also, as others have mentioned, i'm not really interested in new hardware (the Machine Studio is fine for my purposes) i'm only really interested in advances in the software side of things.

• Like Like x 3
  17. theinvis

I wish they had put the pads on the right side and the controls on the left, I'm not feeling the qlinks on the right side at all

• Like Like x 2
  18. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

the standalone mpc ren2 will be announced on Wednesday this is not the ren2; its not clear if this is a new line or a replacement to the mpc studio.

• Like Like x 1
  19. puzzlefactory

puzzlefactory NI Product Owner

Sounds like speculation to me...

• Like Like x 1
  20. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

not speculation an akai insider has advised that this is the case; there will be a fully standalone mpc announced win the next 48 hours; Im sure NI are shaking in they boots and getting ready to launch all the stuff they been stalling on.

its just a shame that user requests is not enuff for them to take action they wait until competition threatens their market position before they get going.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.