The competition - Akai

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by m-chop, Oct 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

I thought maybe it was a spelling mistake, "cooing" but then I googled it

2. District Onagi

District Onagi NI Product Owner

I'm glad. But NI could send us all an email tomorrow saying the new update is literally a dumpster fire, and you would say it's fire.
    [​IMG]
    (Not a fan of using or calling people racial epitaphs btw, specially on a forum about Music tech.)

3. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

of course; otherwise I would not of used the term, I could of said he ass kissing but I felt that was not a strong enough term to adequately describe level consumerist mental subjection displayed.

obviously I am using some creative license with the word coon, a prime example in a movie would Samuel L Jackson in Django, again this pertains to the contemporary use of the word coon among black society, though I am aware that the racist white supremacists called non white people that name in a derogatory fashion in earlier times.

but I am saying he cooning in the more recent sense of the word; like the butler or the maid in the help or tdog in walking dead, in those examples where the black character looks up to the white characters so much as to jump in front of bullet and sacrifice themselves.

So Im making that comparison in behavior with skins; he just completely cow tows to NI, on some "yes -sir" "ye massa" type way, there is no critical analysis in skins mind towards NI, its like a religious reverence much as the Muslims have with Mohammed or the Christians with Jesus, its an absolute refusal to question.

4. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

but as for me I dont have and black pots or a black kettle; its all chrome finished stainless steel so ur **** dont apply to me; as I have been critical of akai in the past and continue to do so to this day.

like the shambles of them delaying delivering the X and live release I have been vocal, also I have been vocal about the shortcomings of the VIP software.

I dont have any interest in any of Akai's products except the MPC range, so ur **** dont apply to me, but skins loves everything NI do and has no critique of anything they have done.

Hence I say he is cooning for NI, its almost like he paid ot come on the forum and cosign everything, but this dude is doing it for the love, so he simpin and cooning.

5. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

Sorry that's bullshit. There is no creative license to take with that word and using movies as an example (especially one which was specifically about race) is the dumbest **** I've ever read and shows how immature and and down right ignorant you are to use that word just to hurt somebody on the internet. Especially when there is a whole history behind that term not just some **** you read on the internet or saw in a movie you ******* douche.

You try to talk like us and you try to be like us but you ain't us so stop that ****.

6. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

hahaha ur being silly my comparison is about behavior not race; Im saying that skins is buck dancing for NI, calm urself, anyone can buck dance or simp or tap dance.

think the issue is u dont understand the subtleties of language

7. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Perhaps you meant "cooing"?

Don't want to offend any pigeon fanciers so apols in advance.

8. mezzurias

Yeah but you used a racial term just to do what? Get at Skins? There is not subtleties of language you are just trying to be controversial and are using a racist term to do it. So again **** you.

9. CakeAlexS

I think we have now reached Godwins singularity.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

u dont understand the modern usage of the word cooning; coon is a modern term for an uncle Tom, an uncle Tom is usually in reference to a black man that exclusively kisses white peoples ass.

Im saying skins is playing to uncle Tom role with NI, he is also playing the captain save-a-ho role for NI, so that is simpin.

11. mezzurias

Read what you wrote. Actually ******* read it. I know what the word means. I think you don't or seem to not understand that what you wrote is exactly why it's offensive. As a person of color even bringing that term here into this forum is extremely offensive to me especially from someone who is not even from this side of the pond. Have you even read Uncle Tom's Cabin and all the history behind it and how it shaped how American society sees us? I mean wtf man.

12. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

again Im describing behavior pure and simple; ur choosing to get offended, it seems u may have adopted the technique of the "so called" liberals where they have fake selective outrage about minor things.

now ur attempting to amplify what I said beyond the scope of its intended use; by repeatedly deflecting into wider social and historical context.

I know exactly what I wrote and why I used that analogy specifically for the purpose of drawing a direct comparison of behaviors exhibited by skins, if u dont understand how analogies can be used in discussions than more fool u.

13. CakeAlexS

I'm not a mod but I am liberal, so can we drop this please, even I'm feeling uncomfortable. Thanks..

14. mezzurias

That's bullshit. There are plenty of ways to describe that behavior, but you chose to use an offensive term specifically to be controversial. Considering this isn't the first time that you've done that (your comments about women), it doesn't hold water. The fact that you don't see that and are trying to defend this bullshit shows that you don't understand and never will.

I'm not the fool, you are who can't seem to express himself properly without resorting to attacks and trollish behavior. You just proved to me that you have nothing of worth to say. I bet you feel all cool saying that kind of **** on the internet hiding behind your keyboard in your mom's basement.

15. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

no diss to "real" liberals; but there are alot of fake liberals, who are only liberal if u agree with them, if u disagree then they become the more intolerant than other "so called" conservative.

but if ut really a true freedom loving liberal then I salute u; but yeah lets get back to how Akai are messing up by not releasing this new software and hardware to us asap.

16. mezzurias

I'm not dropping **** because that kind of behavior should not go unchecked imo. If the mods feel like they need to block me so be it but I'm not in the wrong here and I want to make sure that everyone here knows that racist remarks like that are unacceptable in any context.

• Like Like x 3
  17. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

please just let Skins have his own opinion whatever that may be, erase the offensive remarks so that this thread doesn't get closed, self discipline.

• Like Like x 1
  18. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

again when have I made any comments about women? it seems u may be holding grudges from old posts and then looking for an opportunity to attack my posts.

simply because u disagree with my opinion does not make it bullshit; that ur fake liberal mind at work again presumably.

but there is nothing cool about this discussion its just different opinions,I write this at work actually so u attempt to type cast me has failed yet again.

19. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  20. CakeAlexS

I'm not disagreeing with you at all... but hasn't enough been said?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.