The correct way to use Multis

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Haveri, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Haveri

Haveri New Member

Hello everyone,

I guess it's simple and basic. I have some libraries which have multis in order to change articulations with key-swtiches. For examle, in Berlin Woodwinds there is the Articulation Performer which helps to switch to different patches of a specific instrument with assigned key-switches. In Cinebrass there are also multis which control articulations. So my question is what if I open one multi of a certain instrument and then want to open another multi of a different instument? I tried to merge two multis but Kontakt always replaced the last one. So the solution is to open a different instance of Kontakt for each Multi?

I hope I explained myself well

Thanks in advance!

2. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

You can certainly do that -- use a separate instance of Kontakt for each multi.

I thought there was a way you could merge them, but maybe Kontakt balks if you load 2+ multis that exceed the number of instrument slots per page (16).

3. Haveri

Haveri New Member

Thank you very much Davis

4. Jon Burr

Jon Burr New Member

Would it be possible to merge each set of keyswitches for an instrument, save that new instrument, and edit the keyswitching in the Group editor?
    Instruments do keyswitching fine without needing multis, no? It seems like a kludgy, non-Kontakt friendly way for a vendor to set up a Kontakt library.