The forum is a bit low calorie lately

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by theinvis, Feb 11, 2014.

1. BuleriaChk

BuleriaChk NI Product Owner

+1

2. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

Yup

3. robbieds

robbieds NI Product Owner

4. Spazoo

Spazoo NI Product Owner

maschine 2.0 was a major disappointment for me. sure there were a few nice things added but not enough to make up for what was lost with the breaking changes to midi, vst loading, library tagging, crashing, the ableton live template, blah blah blah. most of these were not minor software bugs. NI broke people's workflows without any notice. communication as to what will be fixed and when has been non-existent. NI has hardly even acknowledged any of the problems, let alone a road map as to where we are headed.

so i started doing more of my production in ableton live and my music is sounding better and coming together much easier. i use maschine for drum programming but that's it. that's my story.

as far as these forums go... well there was some good discussions happening here after the update but most of it was sqashed by fanbois... so what's left besides a trickle of newbies asking the same questions and making the same observations, making the same suggestions and voicing the same complaints? the same old song.

if NI comes out with any free updates that actually makes things better then i'll give them a try but i'm not spending any more money.

5. nightlightscruize

nightlightscruize Active Member

People are just running out of feedback.. wether positive or negative, NI just takes its own pace leaving many users frustrated. Sequencing being one of the major pains..
    Activity will return when a new release arrives as usual.
    I think it also has a little to do with the decline of popularity of "beat making". even on youtube is becoming less n less present

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Hit-Man

Hit-Man NI Product Owner

I was just saying this to a friend the other day... there used to be like 20 new Beat Making videos a day on Youtube.

When NI released the Maschine Studio I thought there would be tons on Maschine Studio beat making videos on Youtube... but you really don't see that many.

But... as far as forum activity... maybe they need to open it up and add some type of sub forum... maybe a "General Music Forum" where we talk about all things music and not just Maschine.

7. nielsdolieslager

nielsdolieslager NI Product Owner

Funny how "throwing tunes together" can be interpreted 2 ways: combining existing tunes and adding other stuff to make a new one and an intuitive way to arrange a tune.

8. nielsdolieslager

Are there a lot of Maschine 2.0 owners that prefer 1.8? Or is it a personal thing.

9. nielsdolieslager

Let's use "the highest quality to be found in a given activity or category of things" as definition, in a subjective way :)

The first midi programs I used were Reason, Tracktion and Sibelius. I wired Reason to Tracktion for rhythms and synths and exported the midi to Sibelius to create more interesting arrangements. Sheet music works faster for me then recording midi. I replaced Reason/Tracktion with Logic/Komplete and still use Sibelius, but Sibelius became more counter-intuitive, you need workarounds to make percussion/drumtracks appear as regular notes. And I don't use the sheet music capabilities of Logic, Sibelius works much better. For finding sounds, Kore acts as a library browser for all plugins at once (except for the Logic instruments, which only work in Logic).

I'd like something more intuitive that still can do all that, lol. Maybe the sheet music program the original Sibelius team is creating for Steinberg is going to improve my workflow :)

10. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

depends if someone is taking dj perspective or beat maker perspective

like a dj throw a mix together comping diff tracks and some nice blends thats one type of creativity

then further along the spectrum u have making **** from scratch

11. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

i assume its personal but some peeps dont like the mixer screen or the fact that u cant undock

me i like 2.0 apart from the stability and lack of mp3 support

12. nielsdolieslager

There's a lot of shared functionality, Maschine has evolved into half a DAW. Is there a tool that only does the part you can't do with a DAW?

13. Joca

Joca NI Product Owner

I can only speak for myself so obviously it is personal. There are some things I really like in 2.0 but overall I prefer 1.8. For me it is a shame because I don't think any future 2.0 updates will restore what I would like to see reinstated.

14. Hit-Man

Hit-Man NI Product Owner

Well... it's somethings they shouldn't have changed in 2.0 like the way you copy and paste, removal of the 16 pattern tads ect...

But overall... I think 2.0 is better.

15. Tooshka

Tooshka NI Product Owner

Slow support, madingly slow developers, why would you not expect a slow forum ?
    Posting bugs here is worthwhile for confirmations, so that you can link NI support to the thread, often they "Can't reproduce the bug"
    Other than that, no reason to post, there is no customizing or such in Maschine other than adding samples, so nothing to share with others, it isn't exactly hard to learn to use it.

16. kolta

kolta NI Product Owner

i use both , and it's nice so ! but i still wait and wich évolutions of 2.0

17. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

dont think the issue is that the developers are slow its more they dont seem to be in tune with what the users consider something to be addressed urgently.

they spend alot of time working on features that have no baring on how peeps work

18. skinsfandc

skinsfandc Forum Member

Maybe their spending time working on it to make it better. My opinion is different because I've been a maschine user from the beginning. I know u switched sides using akai. Obviously you switched to NI because their doing something right.

19. puzzlefactory

puzzlefactory NI Product Owner

I don't think there are any "sides", they're just tools at the end of the day. If someone likes using a different piece of software to make music, that doesn't make them the enemy. "Horses for courses" and all that...

20. Ghost_On_Da_Maschine

Ghost_On_Da_Maschine NI Product Owner

Imagine trying to run your household or business while letting someone else dictate your actions.
    While catering to your users sounds good on paper it can be more of a nightmare than it's worth.

True progression in a product requires a plan but it's hard to have a plan while jumping at the users request.
    Add in the fact that Apple is guaranteed to derail your plans regularly and all of a sudden you have major issues trying to achieve your goals.

I wonder what would happen if a manufacturer actually took the time to built a real tool from start to finish prior to release instead of releasing a prototype and letting the users define it?