The M32 is basically $84

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Rozier, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Rozier

Rozier New Member

You get a $25 voucher + $20 worth of Sounds.com. $129 - $45 = $84.00

This may be the most affordable hardware product NI has ever made.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

You make strange marketing maths to me.

A voucher where you have to buy a new product and spend more money, plus two months of a website I'm never gonna use is no use to me.

Keyboard though is still interesting - but where is the aftertouch in the specs?

BTW if you buy the keyboard I will send you a picture of my face laughing worth $84. There you go free keyboard ;)

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  3. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

It's hidden very deep within the coding of Maschine, many have gone in there looking for it.........few unfortunately have ever returned..........

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Rozier

Rozier New Member

Hit the calculator app on your phone and type in 129 - 20 - 25 and it comes to $84. Simple math actually. The $25 voucher is literally the same thing as actual cash. You KNOW you are going to be purchasing another NI item. You KNOW it. Consider that cash.

Second, with the new "Future of Sound" incoming, 2 months of sounds.com = $20 cash. Whether you like it or not Sounds.com IS the next big thing for NI. People need to realize that Sounds.com is NI's baby. It may not be perfect but I am sure they will help it grow.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  5. xXx_Dugan_Fire_xXx

xXx_Dugan_Fire_xXx NI Product Owner

Isn’t that the same thing they said about Kore?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  6. luneytunes

luneytunes NI Product Owner

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Spekwerk

Spekwerk NI Product Owner

But if I buy it, my card still gets charged $129 right?

Or do they let me choose to exchange and receive the $25 voucher and $20 sounds.com value but instead reduce the price by that much? Because that might be interesting to me...

8. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Im not sure if the op is serious or trolling but consider that voucher is only for software and there's nothing you can buy @ exactly 25$, I think the cheapest thing are Expansions @ 50$ so... add those 50$ + Expansion then subtract the 25$ to the math, it will look like an Einstein equation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. tempsperdu

Would I rather have cash or would I rather have the alternative often called an expansion...sure is a toughie that one......................:D

10. galactic orange

galactic orange NI Product Owner

Mini keys I can deal with. I actually like them. But no aftertouch would mean this is an “almost perfect” product for me. Seems to be a trend with NI these days what with the missing transport controls in the Mikro MK3 and the lack of Mackie Control on more recent releases. I hope these all get updates soon.

11. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

You forget these three expansions ;)
    NOCTURNAL STATE
    SPECTRUM QUAKE
    STAGE FLEX
    Each $ 29

René

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. van Grieg

van Grieg NI Product Owner

I actually used to understand Einstein equations some time ago (haven't looked at them for a while for lack of need :)). But I couldn't find any use for those vouchers. That's way above my head.

13. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Regardless..

Hello NI?

Is there aftertouch built into this for MIDI mode and Kontrol? (We know it won't work on Maschine software) or not?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. xXx_Dugan_Fire_xXx

Sounds to me that it’s another prosumer midi controller, stripped of any actual “pro” features to trap amateurs/beginners in the NI ecosystem.

15. jbuonacc

jbuonacc NI Product Owner

why would you assume that it features aftertouch? it's a $129 portable mini keyboard.

i've been doing this for 20+ years, this thing is pretty much exactly what i've been wanting them to make. i was really happy to see this when it was announced.

16. xXx_Dugan_Fire_xXx

Not saying it doesn’t have its uses but there are many controllers around the same price point that have more or less to offer.

Just feels like a marketing ploy to leave wanted features that are generally standard in other devices as an afterthought.

I’m going out on a limb assuming this will fall inline with the A Series and not be recognized by the controller editor or give you any customizable options. Hence, surrendering you to be stuck in the maschine environment.

Also I’m jaded and have buyers remorse for not researching the A25 like I should have. So at this point I’m going through the motions.

17. Lab Rat

Lab Rat NI Product Owner

Proof.

Attached Files:

18. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

I thought it came with the Maschine software, so doesn't that make it priceless?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. jbuonacc

jbuonacc NI Product Owner

like what? right now i'm using a Korg microKey Air 37, which was $99 (?) and doesn't do anywhere near what the M32 can. it would be cool if the M32 had bluetooth, but i'm fine with USB. based on my experience with Maschine MK3 and my Win10 pc, i can expect it to work flawlessly. the Korg constantly has problems being recognized when connected via USB.

what standard features? aftertouch? sorry, i'm drawing a blank. these "marketing ploy" accusations that are always being thrown at NI, Elektron, etc are really a bit much though. was it just a GM "marketing ploy" that you couldn't get a Firebird front end on a Camaro?

i couldn't care less, maybe the thing was made to be "stuck in the maschine environment". why would anyone expect any different? there are plenty of generic MIDI controllers out there, nothing wrong with this thing being tied to Maschine/KK. for the price i have zero complaints. i'm actually thinking of buying a few of them, if they can work together at the same time.

i know i sound like a blind fanboy, but what do you really expect out of this thing? of course, there's a few things that i wish it had, but for what it is i don't think anyone should be complaining. i'd love if it had the simple display above the knobs from the original KK controllers, or individual displays above each knob. i could see that pushing the price up to $199, which i'd say would be worth it (??). it's not really a primary controller (though it will be for me), it's just a small dedicated "toy" Maschine/KK keyboard, not their new flagship controller.

20. tempsperdu

To be fair keyboard wise their flagship controllers are sadly not what they could be or even indicate they aspire to be........................................

• Like Like x 1