1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

the maschine protocol

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by ultra242, Jan 17, 2012.

1. ultra242

ultra242 New Member

is the protocol that allows the hardware and software to communicate a secret, or is there a way to get information about it?

essentially, i want to fully integrate maschine and ableton live. not just for regular control and feedback. i've written plenty of liveapi code that allows me gather information about a device (such a synth's parameter names) and deliver it to a hardware midi controller i've been building. however, i'd also like to do this with maschine. is there a way to find out how to put text on the lcds, control the pad leds, etc?

from what i gather, the maschine is just a slave to the software and does whatever the software tells it to do. so perhaps there's a way to emulate the maschine software.

thanks,

ultra242

2. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

3. ultra242

ultra242 New Member

i actually didn't expect to get a response to this. at least, not one with a straightforward 'yes' answer. i'm going to start messing with this very soon and i have heaps of liveapi code written that'll plug right in.

thanks

4. astronaut

astronaut Forum Member

5. noiserot

noiserot Forum Member

Why the bump? The OP's questions were already answered.

6. astronaut

astronaut Forum Member

hmm, probably bumped the wrong thread :)

I was actually searching for a thread with some info on how to control the sampler, pad solos/mutes and pattern selection in the Maschine software with external midi messages (e.g. from Reraper).