1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

The sad state of things

Discussion in 'General DJ Forum' started by PhilL, May 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

When even the moderators can't and won't post here you know there are serious problems.

The current problems are driving me Friggin batshit crazy!

Right now 90% of the time I try to write post replies to messages, the bloody forums are breaking when I post. I cannot count the lost time in the last weeks fighting with this and I ain't doing it no more!

I've got way more other things to do than fight with this! I'll try to read occassionally to make sure things are OK, but in the meantime I'm not gonna waste time even trying to post (lucky you!!! ;)).

Come On NI this is a Corporate branded server that has been having problems like this for four weeks. It does not speak well to newbies and even us old hands. Fix the damn server or whatever is wrong, this is ridiculous! For smart people this is not that hard to solve.

Given that NI's expectation is that the forums are the primary support vehicle for Traktor then there should be no ongoing breakdowns of the sort we are currently seeing.

If you have something urgent you need addressed then feel free to email me at jplewis01@comcast.net or you can IM me on MSN messenger same address or on skype as konstruktr.

In the main time I'll do my ranting and posting on Konstrukt. I'll post links tonight when there are reasons to actually go read the rants. Feel free to jump in here or on Konstrukt and let NI know (if) you are having problems.

2. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

Well, you pretty much nailed the emotional side. ;-)

The frequent errors I encountered over the past weeks are:
    - Timeouts (as in "server could not be reached" - even when just trying to go to a different page on the same thread)
    - "500 Internal Server Error"
    And the new entry today:
    - "403 Forbidden" (even when clicking on the User Forum link on the NI web site)

It is sad, indeed.

3. RoxyDJJulio

RoxyDJJulio NI Product Owner

Rane's fourm works :)

4. beta247

beta247 NI Product Owner

yeah...and? i missed the point.
    i'm sure dj decks, virtual vinyl,and a host of other forums are up too, but it doesn't mean i'm going there either.

i think ni has to revisit the off site server option cause this sucks azz. i can't get in with my real account at all either. i'm with you phil, i'm running fine so no need to come here often but to help out, but now since thats not an option either, i'll just make the ocassional visit as well.

i'm out.

5. boysteve

boysteve NI Product Owner

I seem to recall a post that NI's forums were hacked bigtime a few weeks ago. I get the feeling they're either still being hammered, or they're just realizing some of the damage done.

6. RoxyDJJulio

@Beta247
    "yeah...and? i missed the point."

I'm Sure You did.

"i'm sure dj decks, virtual vinyl,and a host of other forums are up too, but it doesn't mean i'm going there either."

No one asked you too.

"i'm running fine so no need to come here often but to help out, but now since thats not an option either, i'll just make the ocassional visit as well.

We are all gonna miss you :) !

7. kaaos

kaaos Forum Member

Things went to S*it after we moved back to this message board.

8. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

@Phil

NOW you're mad at NI? I love the forums as much as the next guy, but the truth is, when Traktor is doing what I want, I couldn't really care less about them. Personally, I would take some bug fixes to Traktor rather than fixing the forums (I know, I know, it's probably not the same people anyway, I'm just making a point)...

9. boysteve

boysteve NI Product Owner

But Traktor doesnt' work well enough, and the documentation isn't thorough, so the forums have been fairly important to a lot of users for a long time now.

10. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

although i didnt have problems during this week (just me lucky?!?!) and thought all the website probs were fixes, i will of course forward your rants!!

11. PhilL

Yes please do, I sent mail to Felix but heard nothing at all back and it would be good to be able to appraise people here as to what is going on.

12. PhilL

Ok lets not turn this into a war! ;) Things will likely sort themselves out soon enough...

Phil

13. RoxyDJJulio

I'm Sorrrrrrrrry PhilL
    We should act like DJ's. Ni Should fix the server because in the words of my fellow dj from Wpg.Can. "this sucks azz." Truer words have never been written. :)

14. DJ Freshfluke

here's something for you:

Dear Colleagues,

after some serious trouble with our web servers, we set up new systems and
    fixed some issues. Nevertheless, there can be problems in the website, the
    registration or even the online shop. To get rid of such problems (if they
    exist) as soon as possible, it would be of some help if you could report the
    problems to us immediately. Please always use this email address:

- please use mine: freshfluke AT freshfluke DOT de -

If you report a problem please always give us these details:
    - information about the browser and OS are you using
    - a screenshot of the error message or phenomenon
    - the html source of the error page
    - the time (as exact as possible) when the problem occurred
    - what happened before the error occurred?

15. djHSL

djHSL Forum Member

Some things never change.

People report a problem to NI, NI firstly claims that the problem doesn't exist, then pushes responsibility to someone else.

I know it is pathetic, but I get my kicks watching the never ending downward spiral that is NI's customer support.

16. rocdollar

rocdollar NI Product Owner

Its not all doom n gloom... lighten up a little! =)

17. DJ Freshfluke

hey, i did not have problems with the website since weeks, nor did anyone on the german board. so nobody's saying there is no problem, it's just the opposite (do you read before you write??!).

18. AudioRapture

No one on the German board had problems? Maybe they where simply *not able to post their complains*! Just ask schlegel... He's been *****ing about the forums over ICQ... ;-)

19. DJ Freshfluke

really??!

i mean during the last week, not let's say 2 weeks ago.

eeeh, that was nasty... you know i do my very best to keep the flow from forum to NI and vice versa... *maunz*

20. AudioRapture

Not sure what you mean here... The forums have been acting up for quite a while (about 4 weeks? not sure), but where really screwed up last week and practically shut down over the weekend.

Since Monday (yesterday) everything seems just peachy.

That comment wasn't directed at you or your efforts. It was supposed to highlight that users of the German board might have *attempted* to post about problems accessing the board, but where not able to due to those exact problems.

I think we all very much appreciate your work. I know I do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.