The software itself.

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by kb420, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kb420

kb420 NI Product Owner

I know that the hardware integration of Maschine is great, but how do you guys as users feel about the sequencing software itself?

Is it lacking at all, or do you now use if for all of your drums?

2. arovia

arovia NI Product Owner

the software are amazing in my eyes. i havent opened up logic in a week. so much fun in standalone.

in the future i think a will start with Maschine in standalone and later open it up in logic to finish the track, but it`s so much more then a drum app, it`s more close to a daw in my eyes. im so pleased with Maschine!

3. donfuan

donfuan NI Product Owner

well, the good thing about Maschine is that you most likely won't take a look at the monitor anymore, i mostly *cough* turn off my monitor *cough* and just jam along with the (hardware-)Maschine ;)

4. discocubist

discocubist New Member

Me too!

Logic is now solely for editing/mix prep before laying maschine created tracks out to my allen and heath desk.

I find that I can pretty much come up with a decent track with only two or three passes of muting unmuting and recording each sound to a seperate track in logicas I do it.

For the most part in creating the track I use standalone and, yes, I turn the monitor off too - largley becuase I love the fact that I CAN!

Open standalone Reaktor and record the oddness into the maschine for a never ending palette fo unique drum and percussion sounds, open standaone massive for some pads, sample the, chop them up cut them right into the beat - repeat until the birds start tweeting outside and you hear the milk float buzzing down the road :)

I haven't been this productive in years!

5. kb420

kb420 NI Product Owner

Sometimes sarcasm just doesn't come through online.

What are the "cough's" for?

What am I missing?

6. donfuan

donfuan NI Product Owner

Forget the *coughs*. I really turn off my monitor, a thing i haven't done in years ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.