1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE
NOTICE:

Our Traktor Pro Public Beta is available again in our new online community. Join us if you want to try new features.

MORE INFO

New the stars rating column in the file browser has some bugs

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by wayfinder, Nov 26, 2021.

1. wayfinder

wayfinder Active Member

If you've ever used the star ratings, you'll probably have noticed that it's not as easy or straightforward as clicking on a star to give out that rating. The boundaries for which click position lights up which star are seemingly arbitrary, and they MOVE depending on whether the star you're trying to click is already lit or not, and possibly due to other, more esoteric factors I haven't been able to pinpoint. The left side of any given star is usually not going to light it up (clicking it there will instead select the next lower one). Moving the mouse after releasing the mouse button will, for a period of about a second, lead to a change in the result sometimes (but not so reliably so that it would be a useful or at least predictable behavior). The browser will flicker heavily (on every mousedown and every mouseup at the very least), and that will also interfere with chosing a rating because sometimes the flicker means that the browser will not have counted your click. in other words, the UX is pretty much unbearable.

• Like Like x 1
  2. wayfinder

wayfinder Active Member

while this has been a problem for a long time, the increased flickering in the past five or so betas/releases has exacerbated the problem to the point where it's actively annoying every time

3. Jonas C @ NI

Jonas C @ NI NI Team NI Team

I agree with you and already noticed this several times.
    I've filled it as TP-16724

Thank you !

• Like Like x 2