1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

:: THE T33 thread ::

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by DJ Freshfluke, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricktowers

ricktowers NI Product Owner

I really don't think that would help much and be a very good idea. People don't care what gear or software you are using when doing a radio show. They only care about the music you are selecting and mixing. I don't think any of my listeners on www.ssradiouk.com have contacted me saying "hey your using Traktor aren't you?". I think if you go on a rant it's just going to turn your audience off.

I've been using 3.3 with out any issues as of now. The fact that the Native Recording is working now makes a huge difference for me on my radio show. I don't use effects that much. The way they are now serves my purpose just fine. Of course I think that NI should address what ever issues people are having with the effects but to start a mutiny? I don't think by taking sales away from NI it's going to speed up or better development on this product. I'm still recommending it to my peers and those that have switch or taken it on are quite happy right now (yes, with 3.3).

2. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

I agree with Rick on this, involving Steves listeners in a political debate they don't care about is only likely to alienate his listeners, who at the end of the day care about having music to listen to while they work out.

I bet less than 0.5 percent really give a rip whether Steve uses Traktor 2.5 or Traktor 3 and his reasons for his choices.

Those issues matter to us greatly, but at the end of the day 99.5% of US, don't give a rip whether Reebok or Nikes win the day for workouts, the runners do but we don't, its all a matter of context.

Phil

3. boysteve

boysteve NI Product Owner

My two podcasts are both DJ mixes with 90-second intros, and such expression would be hugely out of place and inappropriate. I express my concerns here, where I feel there's the most chance of some response or action.

4. boysteve

I think NI has taken sales away from NI quite efficiently without the need for our intervention. True, most people don't care what you use to make your show. But I have one of the most popular podcasts in the world, and I go out to a lot of people, and I constantly get asked what I use to mix with. For nearly two years my invariable response has been that I use 2.5.3 and absolutely cannot recommend T3 because it is buggy and unstable for me and for a great many others.

5. jay michael

jay michael Forum Member

6. buggles

buggles NI Product Owner

I just hope that NI keeps it's promise of more frequent updates and bug fixes. I don't know anything about software development but i get the feeling some of the issues that people are complaining about could be addressed practically overnight eg. throw in the old effects, make a double click load a track in the preview and release an update, fix the new effects in another update to follow.

Is it that NI's developers are not as good as let's say Props? Or is there a conscious effort to make sure that we're all saving up for the next costly fix..er version? Because i can't think of any good reason why you would take away features like the old effects. It's not like there's no room for them - and apparently the cry for assignable keyboard shortcuts to activate each effect fell on def ears. What a waste of time; cycling through 3 other effects to get to the one you need.

7. alberto.cottica

alberto.cottica NI Product Owner

Routing MAJOR issue

Hello all, I have intalled 3.3 and there seems to be a major problem: left-hand decks B and D are routed directly to output, so the position of the crossfader does not affect them at all, you hear them playing even when the Xfader is alla the way to the left. The sam goese for cue. When you cue the deck, it still plays on the output. This happens both with Audio Kontrol 1 and with the Mac's own sound board. And I have to play tonight! If nothing else, could anyone tell me how to downgrade my Traktor version? :(

Many many thanks.

8. PhilL

Alberto Check you Audio Output Routing in Traktor and reset the outputs.

More info is needed to help further...

What version were you successfully using prior to upgrading?
    What Sound card are you using?
    Windows or Mac?
    Internal or External Mixer?

Phil

9. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

maybe this one?

21.4.9 My Crossfader doesn’t work – I hear Deck A (B, C, D) playing on both sides!

10. alberto.cottica

X fader

Thanks for replying, Phil and Native Girl. My setup:

MacbookPro with OS 10.4.11
    Audio Kontrol 1
    Internal mixer

I THINK I used 3.1 before. My program package in 3.0, but I remember some upgrade was already present online when I bought the software. I think that was 3.1

I have triple checked the audio routing menu. Also, the problem persists if I unplug Audio Kontrol and just run Traktor on the Mac's internal soundboard.

(OT: Hey boysteve! I used to jog on your first podcast!)

11. alberto.cottica

Is that a FAQ or a thread or something? How do I access it? Thanks.

12. iamscoby

iamscoby NI Product Owner

This may be a stupid question but....

Anyone know of a way for me to tell if I have beatgrid'd a track or not? i.e. without loading each one and checking it? I tend to beatgrid on the fly and want to tidy things up - ideally, I would create a playlist based on whether or not a track has a BG so I can work through it.

Anyone got any suggestions?

13. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

no this is the chapter of your T33 manual you have to lookup ;)
    check this chapter, this may exactly be your problem. if not, we need more info.

@ iamscopy: good idea, but unfortunately, there is no such option at the moment.

14. alberto.cottica

Whoops... so sorry, that was really stupid. Thanks Native Girl, problem solved!

15. Starsky

Starsky NI Product Owner

ARGH! I hate T3.3! The sync function was rock solid in 3.2 - now it's ALL over the place for some reason. ? And the new delay suxx big time, it doesn't pass audio when I stop the track! And the new parameters are useless. Can someone please remind me why I upgraded?

I think NI should offer a "3.2 downgrader" that will revert everything to what I had - right now I'm kicking myself for jumping on 3.3 :(

16. PhilL

Hopefully we can put this whole sordid mess mostly behind us, as of right now 3.3.1 is available for download. I'm told the server is getting pounded right now so downloading may be slow or a bit difficult at present, ANyways once you get it lets be hearing your opinions! Good and bad are critical.

Enjoy,
    Phil

17. boysteve

Phil -- started lurking when I heard 3.3.1 was imminent. I've just got one question: does the key still shift if you change tempo beyond about 30%? Thanks!

18. PhilL

I'm not seeing anything indicated in the GUI but indeed it does sound like a key shift occurs around +/- 30% Pitch shift.

I ask about this and let you know...

Phil

19. djfitty

djfitty Forum Member

I used 3.3.1 at the club last night(4 hr) set. It handled alright. The Delay was perfect. the reverb was ok, although if you hit freeze with the reverb effect it mutes the music.(weird option) The volume drops when you use the beatmasher effect but its workable. The deck level was pretty even and could not notice that drift yet like in 3.3. I have a 5 hour set tonight hope all goes well.

20. Vince_Tf

Vince_Tf Forum Member

I've had no success downloading the latest Traktor manual PDF, English version dated November 29. Tried several times with both FireFox and Internet Explorer on the laptop, and FireFox on a regular desktop computer. In all attempts the download would only go to between 25 and 75% of the full download, and then get hung on either the Adobe Acrobat reader or the web browser, or the NI server not responding (required killing the web browser session). Using latest web browsers and Adobe Acrobat reader. Might be related to the way Adobe Acrobat PDF reader attaches itself to the web browser and tries to display the PDF while it is being downloaded - this process not seem to be 100% reliable.

However fortunately I could download the latest (WinXP) Traktor OK and install it, a quick test shows it runs but I haven't had time to do more yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.