:: THE T33 + TS combo thread ::

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by DJ Freshfluke, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

nope T3 and TS are two products. it's a free update for existing T3 users.

@UTO5: i cannot agree - i am sooo happy to have all the looping functions back!

what bugs did you find? you may want to let us all know.

2. jeromerelease

jeromerelease Forum Member

can someone post a screenshot of it with the 4 decks (2 of which being vinly/cd mode)?

j

3. Uto5

Uto5 NI Product Owner

sorry.... but i do not what to spend my time on bug testing... i suppose people are been payed for doing this kind of things...

i already have T3 so the update for me was free... but if i had to pay for it.. i will be quite disappointed at the moment...

4. sergeramirez

sergeramirez NI Product Owner

Don't like it.

I have to agree that I don't want to receive this update and then have to write all the problems that come with it. That is what your Beta Testers are for!

Don't understand how they can't get the Time Code to be as perfect as they did on Traktor Scratch. Not happy with the Time Code, Sample enclosed. They were done with a CDJ 1000 MKII.

Another thing I cant understand is why they have to keep changing the effects around. IF IT AINT BROKEN, DON'T FIX IT!

Tired of the same BS with Native Instruments everytime an update comes out.

Attached Files:

5. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

Well, the question you should ask yourself: Do you want the bugs fixed in the future or not?

If so, let us know what they are. If not, shut it.

6. nsgtr34

nsgtr34 New Member

Is it worth my $119USD or should I wait?

7. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

Downloaded the demo to my Macbook but haven't run it yet, as I'm not going to tempt fate with any new software installs with a long-ass gig this weekend. Very excited though, and will more than likely end up buying and installing.

Question for those who've taken the plunge - I assume T33 will use the same collection nml file created by TS, please correct me if I'm wrong. Will the tempos and % be carried over from this file? What about beatgrids? I make a point of writing the extended ID3 info to the mp3 once I've analyzed and gridded each track, but I forget if beatgrids are written on with the ID3 info.

8. DJ Freshfluke

sure, but it's quite uneffective to say *it has bugs* but dont say what annoys you.

i personally cannot agree. i'm very happy having some of my most used traktor functions back with vinyl control.

9. DJ Freshfluke

yes and no - TS uses collection format version 8 and T33 uses collection version 9. the import however is flawless. but you should backup your Traktor3 folder beforehand as usual!
    i think there's something about it in the readme also.

yup, no issues with that. these things are stored once in the collection and if you wrote tags, it's also in the tracks.

10. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

Wicked bad. I like the idea of having a fancy box with my DJ/prod software so I'm whipping it out (the credit card, among other things) and placing an order for the box and the like. Good thing the Canadian dollar is kicking the USD's ass right now.

Thanks native_girl!

11. Thomas @ NI

Thomas @ NI Administrator NI Team

Send effects are possible in Traktor 3.3, you just set them up differently than in Traktor Scratch:

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum_us/forumdisplay.php?f=122

12. Uto5

Uto5 NI Product Owner

shut up... this is what you say... you was one of them that was saying wait that it will be worth the time....

hhahhahahahhaha

13. Uto5

Uto5 NI Product Owner

i can say wait.. its not perfect at the moment... TS runs better..

14. Uto5

Uto5 NI Product Owner

15. Thomas @ NI

Thomas @ NI Administrator NI Team

Well, the welcome PDF is not supposed to go into every detail. Check out that thread that I referred to for how to configure Traktor 3.3 for send effects.

16. Uto5

Uto5 NI Product Owner

yes i am doing it.... thanks

17. Uto5

Uto5 NI Product Owner

(route that input to one of the decks in Traktor 3 and set it to "external")

do i have to put one deck to external? or you mean external in the preference pane?

18. DJ Freshfluke

the deck external switch is meant here.

(external in the prefs is about using an external mixer)

19. Uto5

Uto5 NI Product Owner

hi

the fact is that with this type of routing you have latency...
    instead in TS the rounting is done internally with no latency..

and by the way it's limiting the fact that one has to decide or send effects or 4 decks?

20. Uto5

Uto5 NI Product Owner

where can i find such switch?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.