1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

The Traktor 3 Problem Compendium

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by PhilL, Dec 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boysteve

boysteve NI Product Owner

I don't have Traktor around right now, but I'm pretty sure the consistency check report divides itself into Missing Files, Non-Analyzed Files, etc. You can click on "Non-Analyzed Files" and it will give you a list that you can then analyze.

2. duduche

duduche New Member

approximately 2 times a month... I test a lot of softwares and spend a lot of time tweaking, etc. If you could see my pc 2 weeks after a fresh install, you'll probably reinstall it to :) I can't risk a crash during a mix...

3. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

Wow, sounds like you need a separate machine for running Traktor...

4. duduche

duduche New Member

Actually it's not very annoying, it takes me 5min to restore my fresh install using a partition imaging software. Generally I do it while I plug my mixer :)

What is really annoying is that tag reading problem...

5. beeznutz

beeznutz Forum Member

true......but that's all that it does, meaning you have to find the tracks
    [i'm not sure they are aranged in track collection in order where you
    can easily find'em], then analyze them which is really not the problem
    here. the fact that it doesn't ask if you want to re-analyze.
    version 2 also had a box popping up where you can choose to mute the
    audio for faster analyzing [although i'm not so sure how well that
    worked....] and stop the analyzing if you wanted to which 3.0 does
    not have this option. i did find that if you right-/ctrl+click on the
    analyzing box in the right corner you can stop the analyzing process.

i just dont understand why traktor 3 "thinks" you'd wanna re-analyze
    your tracks. that's basically the first choice it makes without asking
    and i dont think that's wise, as far as programming goes.

6. MusicToGo

MusicToGo NI Product Owner

Hi There.

Nice Thread.

o What about AUTOPLAY Function like in 2.6 for External mixers??

o and what about a sample player for div. sounds like sirens, shots or other sample sounds...allways availlable via hotkeys? the output should go over the hole oundcard outputs..

thx so far

7. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

I don't mean to criticize your suggestions as I know you're not the only one looking for autoplay with external mixers (in fact, I've even switched on autoplay from time to time for dinner music), but I'm wondering, is Traktor really the product you're looking for? I mean, if autoplay and putting sirens over your mix are your top priorities, maybe there are more suitable alternatives out there for your personal style...

8. boysteve

It does seem like a lot of money to spend for the functionality he's looking for. (Though I'm totally with him on the sampler--even just a small grid of buttons for firing one-offs.)

9. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

It's not that I'm completely opposed to the idea of a sampler (although I can just hear the terrible creations that one might make--think "REMIX, REMIX, IT'S THE MOTHER****** REMIX" over everything) it's just that with four decks and IF the hotcues were working right, there really shouldn't be that need. It's just more complexity to achieve something that's basically already there...

10. boysteve

I think there's *less* need for it now, but there's a big difference between a bank of half a dozen ready-to fire samples (which I agree would be hideously overused by a lot of DJs) and either one or two decks ready with one-shots, or having to prep a track of samples separated and cue-marked (Phil's workaround). I can live just fine without a sampler, but it would be nice to have.

11. chill

chill NI Product Owner

i have not found a way to move tracks in a plalylist (up and down) like it was possible in 2.6.
    e.g. with the arrow up and down buttons of the keyboard.
    any ideas?

if you prelisten a track, the track is not especially marked as aprelistening track in the browser?

do you really have to use two commands for prelistening a track? this would result in a waste of buttons on my kontrol-dj.

just my few thoughts after few experiments with the full version.

cheers
    chill

12. buggles

buggles NI Product Owner

i also can't stand the ability to edit from the browser window - especially when a glitch prevents me from retyping in the browser AND edit window without a bunch of finnagling.

what i WOULD like in the browser window is the abilty to skip through the list to lets say the 'g''s by typing a letter 'g'

i also experience the audio drop when switching effects - and btw i would like to see the effects from both decks simultaneuosly.

loved the filter graphic in 2.6

where is there a 'back' button after i accidently glass a field? i hate this!
    i'm probably overlooking it.

i seem to get an audio dropout every hour or so despite my soundcard and scratchamp settings

i like the 3 deck gui - especially since final scratch users are only currently using 3 channels anyway.

would it be difficult to give the user a color model from which to choose ANY base color they want for the interface? and perhaps another for the waveform?

i second the return of the peak gain setting.

i have at least one more that i need to check up on so i can describe it properly. but thats it for now :)

13. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

PhiL,

Any word with any progress on T3? I see lots of posts with problems but no word as to any solutions...

14. Dj Hobbes

Dj Hobbes NI Product Owner

We are awaiting word on what is going on also. We will let everybody know what is going on as soon as we hear something.

Hobbes

15. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

mmmm...that gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside.

16. specialpop

specialpop NI Product Owner

if i understand correctly the save button in the native mix should be saving the mix as you go, on the fly. however on a mac, the save button works only once in a while, and since traktor crashes quite often when i stop and start recording, i find it's safest to "save as" as often as possible otherwise i lose some work. if the save button should be saving on the fly, at this point i don't think it is. anyone have this?

17. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

I don't think I can confirm your issue, but I was wondering what that "save" button actually is supposed to do. It doesn't really seem to save things (if so, where?). I glanced through the manual but might have missed it. So I resort to do "save as", as well, just to be on the safe side.

18. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

Keyboard stops responding to hotkey shortcuts.
    after a short period several people are seeing their keyboard shortcuts stop doing their assigned actions. this is similar in nature to the lost midi function issue also reported. Ffor some it stops on for a few seconds for other they have to reload the settings to get control back again.

19. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

Pressing Alt+. causes the Audio Sample rate to jump from 441K to 882 or 96K. seen reliably by myself and 2 other local DJ's testing Traktor.

20. specialpop

specialpop NI Product Owner

audio, check page 99. if i understand it correctly the button that is marked "save" on the native mix recorder module, should save your mix on the fly without interruption... but i don't think it works 100%

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.