Theoryboard midi controller

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by ALDREAD, Mar 19, 2021.

1. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

2. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

3. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

I’ve been using this with my mv-1 , and it’s pretty cool , there’s a few issues , the pad aren’t great ,obviously not maschine quality , some minor sensitively issues, someone over Facebook has made a mod kit for them , tho mine seems better than his , in his video , I can slide my finger across the pads and hear them , So not sure I’ll bother modifying mine.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/101094...Tlwxtgd5qnGXWkDoh09G-axHjRloyNfGb95JjGHWiFXMc

It also has an issue with octave folding , where it will invert some chords , to keep them in an octave , thats fixable tbh, waiting for the next firmware update that should bring some more features and address that.

Saying all that , I love it , it’s so helpful, and a great learning tool , makes it a lot easier to learn scales /modes and chord sets , I use it alongside my keyboard , to find scales , play chords etc , it’s a little expensive, if your outside the USA , your most likely incur import tax and delivery charges.
    It’s definitely the best thing I’ve used for chords and scales especially with a dawless set up.

Last edited: May 31, 2021