1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

There's really no keylock on the sampler decks?

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by gmint, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clownpants

clownpants New Member

yea i hope to god that it's just some setting i need to meddle with, do u experience that aswell? unfortunately it is the only thing stopping me from doing anything.. because i dont know why everytime when i hit that keylock, it suddenly sounds "low" and awkward..

2. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

If you have already increased the tempo of the track that is playing while you have keylock off then the pitch of the track will also be increased. When you activate key lock it returns the track to it original pitch, hence lower.

The other option is that you have adjusted the keylock setting on your deck. Make sure the keylock knob is centered in your mixer section.

It is best if you plan to use keylock to turn it on before you start and leave it on.

3. clownpants

clownpants New Member

Hi thanks for responding, but can u further elaborate this "keylock knob that is centered in my mixer section" ? i dont see any knob in the Mixer section of the drop-down menu in the S4 software, thanks :)

4. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

The knob is labeled key and is right next to your channel faders as long as your deck size is not small or micro.

5. clownpants

clownpants New Member

Oh my gosh thank you, you have saved my life

so basically, if anyone has this problem, do this

change the software layout to S4 Mixer. And Deck layout to Advanced
    >and then set the "KEY" knob to 0.00!

6. maolam

maolam Forum Member

Thank you sir

7. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

Hey guys, thanks for hijacking this thread with basic questions that are addressed by the manual. Nothing like making the forums more difficult for people to read because you can't figure out how to operate a basic function of the software or how to post in the right topic...

8. maolam

maolam Forum Member

It is not directly related sure, but it is still about keylock and its proper way to operate it, it still remains an interesting explanation which i am sure some people will enjoy reading about.
    So thank you to you for taking the time anyway...
    Cheers

9. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

In an effort to avoid derailing this thread anymore than it already has been, I'll keep my response short: no.

10. maolam

maolam Forum Member

11. dreamstate.seven

dreamstate.seven Forum Member

12. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

Well, unfortunately, Traktor Pro 2 does not fix this issue. Personally, I'm seriously thinking about going back to four decks until this is implemented...

13. ~Rishi~

~Rishi~ NI Product Owner

Sample decks = useless until fixed

14. ffrgtm

ffrgtm Forum Member

Are You F*cking Kidding Me Ni?
    ---
    4 decks it is... at least you can change loops length on a deck unlike sample decks.

15. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

I tend to agree with the general sentiment, however just a point of clarification: you can actually change the length of the samples in the sample decks.

16. maolam

maolam Forum Member

maybe a fix for the (next) new update NI?

17. maolam

maolam Forum Member

How do you please?

18. maolam

maolam Forum Member

nevermind thank you anyways!

19. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

i think the reason there is no key lock on samples is that you would need a quad or core i7 to cope with all that key change.

as up to 10 key changes (2 decks + 8 samples) would need to take place simutaneously, which i know is pretty heavey on any system.

they are probably trying to figure it out atm, it will come.

20. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

This has been discussed previously (in this thread IIRC). Just like when keylock was introduced to Traktor way back when, there's no reason it can't be OPTIONAL. Also, I hardly think you'd need a quad core anything to do that. Live does it just fine and it uses the same keylock algorithm as Traktor...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.