1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

There's really no keylock on the sampler decks?

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by gmint, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maolam

maolam Forum Member

This!

2. cat litter

cat litter Forum Member

Keylock On Sample Decks +1 Pretty Pretty Please With A Cherry On Top

3. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

+++1

4. KLH

KLH NI Product Owner

BS. Torq has had a sampler that has 16 slots that are key locked, phrase and BPM synced, AND can record! They can even record from other decks, the master output, OR the other sample slots. The slots can even play FULL tracks! It is by far Torq's most powerful feature.

The impact on CPU isn't significant either - when I had it, I used a single-core 2.4GHz P4. It was scary smooth. I tested it out by creating a wall of sound that stayed in key even though I adjusted the BPM +/- 100%. FWIW, I never used more than 5 slots, but I could...

NI could have chosen to do the same thing. It's just more work for the devs and testers. Now don't think that what they did do isn't valued; i love the TPS4/TPv2 sampler. It's just that we want more... At least key lock and BPM sync. Right guys?

I actually think that this thread wouldn't exist if the slots had BPM-sync and key lock...

-KLH

5. clownpants

clownpants New Member

hi, can anyone tell me how to synch? I'm not refering to the synch button. i just want to synch tracks with entirely different BPM so that when i synch, the music will not be super quick or be super slow. Anyone know what I mean? can someone help me with this? :)
    ---
    It's like, I want to plot my own BPM, anyone know how to do that? is it even possible? it would make alot of songs sound nicer! can someone please help me? :)
    ---
    lets just say i am currently playing a track of 120 bpm.. this other track that i want to mix into does not have matching bpm ( i dont even know if its anything to do with BPM) but when i mix this other track, and synch it using the button, it speeds up incredibly when it's not suppose to... how can i accurately and conveniently adjust the tempo so that it "clicks" perfectly to the other track? and even if i do it manually, it will tend go off-synch .. so is there a way to get the software to do it for u ?

6. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

RTFM comes to mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.