1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

thinking about buying mk3

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by kevin b, Feb 3, 2019.

1. kevin b

kevin b New Member

hey everybody. i'm a complete n00b. been doing this about a month and barely figured out how to get my akai mini, komplete 11 suite, studio one 4 and my NI interface to work with eachother. started playing sround with some beats and stuff. sounds like a 6 year old put these beats together, lol. anyways, my question. i was thinking of purchasing the 599$ mk3 and don't mind dropping a few bucks on something i really want, but since i just bought the komplete 11 and the mk3 comes with a bunch of software, am i just paying for software i already bought? if so, is there a mk3 version that is less expensive that i could buy and just use the software i already bought a month ago? sorry if this sounds like a stupid question as i'm just barely learning the ropes. thank you guys.

2. Leif Hallberg

Leif Hallberg NI Product Owner

I don't think there is a cheaper version... if you don't go for the Mikro Mk3.

3. kevin b

kevin b New Member

thank you for reply. not looking to downgrade. just not have to pay for the same thing twice. hope that makes sense. like, if what i'm paying for is some of the software i already bought. thank you, LH.

4. arche3

arche3 NI Product Owner

It's not the same software. Get the mk3

5. kevin b

kevin b New Member

awesome. thank you both.

6. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

It would have been cheaper to have bought the Mk3 and then upgraded Komplete Select to Komplete. I don't know if they would consider doing some kind of rebate as you already had Komplete, you could only inquire.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kevin b

kevin b New Member

we'll see. thanks for the suggestion.

8. m911

m911 New Member

well, if you don't mind dropping money on things you want, and you're a gear addict (as I am) I don't see where you can go wrong :D it's impossible to predict the most efficient way to go with instruments, daws, plugins... all those things I love that take my music further. just get it and enjoy your ngd. remember to buy food and pay rent and stuff tho...

• Like Like x 2
  9. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI Support Team NI Team

Unfortunately, there is no "cheaper" version without the bundled software. They are essentially just free and don't actually impact the price of the hardware at all. If you purchased Komplete 11 recently, I would imagine that you got it from a shop or second-hand ? If so it might be worth checking if you can return it. You'll then do Maschine MK3 > Komplete 12 Upgrade.

10. kevin b

kevin b New Member

thanks for reply. bought from licensed dealer. unfortunately you can't return software once you bought it. now i have bought komplete 11 and komplete 11 suite since it came with the maschine mk3. have yet to open the maschine. wondering it the komplete suite is able to be sold or gifted? no sense in owning both, lol. i think i just went about this whole thing wrong. also looks like maschine has a interface. i bought the NI interface a few months ago, haha.

11. Matt @ NI

Unfortunately, the free license provided with our Maschine cannot be sold or transferred.

12. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

Yes, but can't they at least resale the original license, and then use that to upgrade the Komplete that Komes with Maschine?

13. Matt @ NI

Of course yes