1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking of selling maschine...

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by anthonypappa, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthonypappa

anthonypappa Member

So, as per title, I am thinking of selling my Maschine Studio. I have a few queries I wonder anyone can help me with please.

What do I need to do in order to sell this? Do I need a code that I pass onto the next user so he can use it?

I had it installed on a laptop - which i did not uninstall from - but i formatted the laptop.

I have it installed on my PC. I can uninstall that.

Can I sell my software with it? (Monark etc) and what about Massive which came with it?

I still have the box and disc etc that came with it.

Thanks.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. subsonicwave

subsonicwave NI Product Owner

3. anthonypappa

anthonypappa Member

thanks, does this apply to hardware only?

or can it apply to everything (software) that i have a serial number for in service center?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. subsonicwave

I'd think this would apply to a hardware or software product. I couldn't find any other subject in the knowledge base other than this one for selling products.

Maybe someone else will be able to confirm.

5. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

Hardware and software of course. It may be that you registered the software and did not register the hardware. In that case you would only need to remove the software serial. Otherwise you need to remove both.

You need to contact support and have them remove the serial of any product you want to sell prior to selling that product. Don't sell it and try to remove afterwards as that is not fair to the buyer to be waiting for you to clear the serials when they have already paid you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. anthonypappa

anthonypappa Member

How can I tell if I registered the hardware? I can't remember, I don't think there is a bit in service center for it...

How long does it take NI to de-register stuff?

I don't want to ship it off still registered to me, but I don't want to de-register it in case I don't get a sale either... (I also loathe using fleabay :eek: )

thanks.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. subsonicwave

• Like Like x 1
  8. Witzman

Witzman NI Product Owner

If its urgent, do it via phone, it took me only 2 minutes deregistering machine mikro HW & SW. I raised ticket and waited 4 days.... I called ant they removed it, as i was on the line. I used the german support hotline.

• Like Like x 1
  9. anthonypappa

anthonypappa Member

So, I don't have the hardware itself listed here - only "Maschine 2 for Maschine Studio Black".

is that all I need to de-register, as far as hardware goes?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. subsonicwave

I just checked mine and it's the same but white studio. Only just noticed. Not sure if there is a missing serial for the hardware now. I have a Traktor S4 with a separate serial from Traktor Pro so i'd assume there should be a separate one for Maschine hardware, I suggest calling them to find out for sure. Let us know how you get on if you do as i'd like to know if i'm missing a serial in my account.

One of the mods might be able to help if they see this.;)

11. anthonypappa

anthonypappa Member

Well my thinking is, without the serial, you can still use Maschine as a midi controller - or just buy the 2.0 software yourself, no?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. subsonicwave

i've just realized i never registered my Maschine Studio as its optional which is probably why it wasn't showing in my account. It still isn't after just registering so maybe it takes a while to appear.

So maybe you didn't register either.

13. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

It's not necessary to register the hardware other than for warranty concerns. If it's not listed under your serials then you did not register it.

14. UltimateOutsider

UltimateOutsider NI Product Owner

You can't buy Maschine software from NI without the hardware. The only way to get the software only would be to have the license transferred from an existing Maschine owner. Maschine 1.0 owners can buy the Maschine 2.0 software as a download-only upgrade, but that's only if they have an active 1.0 license already in their account.

Just to clarify, the only registration/serial that matters is the software serial number number. The one in this format: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

Without that one the buyer won't be able to activate the software. I bet a lot of people never bother registering the actual hardware.

And yes, 100%-do not let the item enter a buyer's hands without unregistering the Maschine software first. The process can take a couple of days unless you get hold of NI by phone.

15. cblack412

cblack412 Forum Member

I registered both hw & sw

16. anthonypappa

anthonypappa Member

So... is the box that Maschine comes in sufficient to ship it without additional packaging? I can't remember if it came with an outer box.

Also what would a reasonable price to ask for Studio, Komplete Selection (Massive, Prism) and I myself I bought... Razor, Monark, Supercharger GT and Molekular. Only had it few months, condition should be mint.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. anthonypappa

anthonypappa Member

Anyone got any input on this?

If you lot don't know, then no-one knows!

(not looking to advertise it here)

18. subsonicwave

My Maschine Studio came without any additional packaging.
    I think its adequate but you just can't tell how your courier will treat it while in transit.

As for resale value, i wouldn't have a clue. Maybe check Ebay to see if anyone is selling similar.

19. anthonypappa

anthonypappa Member

Studios are rare on ebay, there's one used going for £650 'buy it now' with 55 watchers, so I assume there is interest.

The software although just as good as buying it "first hand" I will discount, though I don't know how much.

What warranty do you get from NI as standard on these things? I don't have a receipt. How would NI tell how much warranty you have left on your hardware without a receipt?

A warranty will give buyers more confidence.

thanks.

20. Bertotti

Bertotti NI Product Owner

My maschine came boxed inside of another box and the outer box was a bit beat up. I think without the outer box it would have been damaged.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.