Time Code vinyls 7-inch version

Discussion in 'General DJ Forum' started by fermonsay, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DjStrategy

DjStrategy NI Product Owner

Please let us know what he said....I want some to!;)

2. rezsbc

rezsbc Forum Member

7-inch control vinyl?

Hey,

Does anyone know if 7" control records are available for Traktor Scratch Pro?

I mostly use CD but would like to bring some records around for backup purposes or for places I may play which only have turntables.

I don't want to have to lug around the big 12" records plus I spent my whole life playing 45's so it's more natural for me to mix with them.

I could find a few references to an old version of it supporting them but they don't seem to be available anywhere?

Thanks,

rez.

3. markerline

markerline Forum Member

I know this is not appropriate to mention a competitor's product but Numark makes the NS-7 with Serato ITCH which is a digital vinyl solution that plays similar to CD digi turntables but with the feel of vinyl. The reason it's called NS-7 is because of the 7inch platters and vinyl platens.
    ---
    The NS 7 will not run non Serato products or anything besides ITCH

4. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

There are limited 7" control records (45rpm) available with a trial version of TSP when you buy the Korg Zero4 from HTFR. Karlos and I each have a pair, they're pretty fun to play with - very nostalgic.

5. famoussas

famoussas Forum Member

I got 1 free with my Xone 4D from HTFR.

6. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Yeah I looked into this, unfortunately there is not an easy way to get the 7" vinyl unless you get a Korg Zero 4 package from HTFR records or other vendors.

It appears it was only an OEM product and isn't available through the sales channels.

In terms of the NS7, I'm working on that.

7. rezsbc

rezsbc Forum Member

Thanks Guys..... well they exist at least!

£700 sterling is a bit steep though! I put a post on the Korg forum to see if anyone who got them this way might part with a pair. I'm sure a lot of people who are used to 12's upgrade as soon as they can after getting the mixer.

I was wondering if they aren't easy to come by could I get someone to cut a 45 for me from the audio on the cd?

Has anyone any experience with this?

8. TeLLy

They most definitely exist, and are fabulous
    [​IMG]

Dunno how many people would part with them considering how hard they are to get. Unless of course they're not DVS users.

Legal issues notwithstanding (ie does NI care if you do get a record cut with their control signal?) I'm sure it's physically possible to get a control record cut. You'd have to ensure there is a lead-in track and of course maximum signal length for the main "play" section of the timecode. You probably have to eschew the scrolling region found at the end of the CD or vinyl.

9. djquartz

If they made an adapter for the normal spindle size 45's, I could throw them on my NS7 too. :p

10. rezsbc

rezsbc Forum Member

Thanks Telly... I know what you're saying think your spot on about the record getting cut, the "lead-in" might be the problem though, I think the Traktor records might have time code of a kind in their lead-in, which I don't think is on the CD. Perhaps I'm wrong.

As regards Korg users it seems to be a pretty versatile mixer, I'm sure people have bought them to use with Ableton etc. who aren't using scratch pro. Or people who are using CD's etc. and don't own / have experience with turntables.

Irie.

11. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

FYI: the timecode is copyrighted so technically its illegal to cut it but to be honest id be pretty impressed if someone did it.

The 7" timecodes were only available as a Limited Edition run and only given away with the Korg Zero 4/8 and more crucially you only received one 7" (not a pair).

;)

Attached Files:

• 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      30.4 KB
      Views:
  12. djquartz

They only give you one? WTH?

13. djquartz

I'll just have to keep searching and see if I stumble across any.

14. rezsbc

rezsbc Forum Member

15. Karlos Santos

LOL ive never seen them on sale. Good hunting dude.
    Welcome to the Exclusive 7s Club.

16. Karlos Santos

Yeah its cus you get the Demo version of TSP on cd and 1 timecode vinyl to "Try It Out"

17. famoussas

famoussas Forum Member

I might sell mine if there's demand for them. I only have 1 and don't use vinyl so makes sense.

18. djquartz

FRIG!

And I was checking ebay this morning too!

I'm asking if she knows where to get more, the hell with that.

19. TeLLy

Holy crap, 40 euros!

20. djquartz

SOLD, how do you want to do it? If I can get one I can find another one. Hit me up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.