Timecode / regular T3 mode combi possible?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by Marqx, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marqx

Marqx NI Product Owner

At the moment i am using the Final Scratch 2 SA in conjunction with the Traktor 3 software in Final Scratch mode. My mixer is the A&H Xone:3D. The reason for using the 3D is to be able to use the looping, effect etc. possibilities in T3. the internal Soundcard in the 3D i use for Ableton on a 2nd laptop. I use the right MIDI side for T3 and the left side for Ableton6.

I am definately switching to Traktor Scratch because i've never been fully satisfied with the SA2.

What i am now wondering is:

I'll be using the new 3.3 update of course when it comes out instead of the standard TS software.

Will it be possible to have 2 decks running in Timecode mode, controlled with my turntables and the add a 3rd or maybe even 4th deck in the software and have it run in regular T3 mode so it can be controlled by my Xone:3D? With the buttons and jog on my 3D i could use it as a 3rd turntable basically. i could then when i have for example a loop playing im my Timecode deck copy it over to the 3D controlled deck in sync and start spinning a new record on my timecode deck.

I hope it's a bit clear what i mean.. people might think why doesn't he just switch to T3 and leave the whole turntable thing but i don't ever want to loose the hands on feeling of physical decks.. i'll add whatever technology possible to it but i want the base to stay!

Hope someone can answer the question :)

2. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

AFAIK - yes!

3. Marqx

Marqx NI Product Owner

Thanx! got a message from NI as well confirming that it's possible!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.