1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Timecode will not work on decks A & B

Discussion in 'General DJ Forum' started by dermyod, Jul 5, 2014.

1. dermyod

dermyod NI Product Owner

Timecode will not work on decks A & B, I'm using an audio 8 and i have tested the timecode cds on deck C & D this works fine. i just keep getting the same message calibration failure, my setting in tractor haven't changed in months so i do not know what the problem could be.

any ideas guys?

Screen Shot 2014-07-04 at 8.04.14 pm.png

2. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

please provide some photos from the cabling and screenshots of the respective preferences!

3. dermyod

dermyod NI Product Owner

here are a few screen shot of my set up and preferences, i think my audio 8's A & B Channels are busted :(

2014-07-08 17.05.01.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 17.06.14.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 17.17.21.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 17.17.17.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 17.17.06.png

4. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

What does the Audio 8 DJ control panel look like?

5. dermyod

dermyod NI Product Owner

is this what you mean, when i click on control panel the 2nd image is what i get

Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 17.47.54.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 17.48.09.png

6. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

Looks like all your settings are correct. Have you tried your setup with another computer? Or one of the older Traktor versions (check your Backups folder)?

7. dermyod

dermyod NI Product Owner

yeah i have tried it with a 2nd computer and i still have the same issue, if i use my cdj 1 to control deck C it works fine, also i have loaded the timecode into my phone and tried playing this through channel A on my audio 8 and it works perfect it calibrates fine, so I'm completely lost

8. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

Are you saying that the physical inputs on the Audio 8 work fine using a phone, but the same input does not work using CDs?

9. dermyod

dermyod NI Product Owner

yeah this picture shows my iPhone playing the timecoded track through channel A on my audio 8 and it works fine, what i did notice was that the volume on the phone could not be up full, when it was up full it didn't recognise the signal. i know there is a auto cue level on the cdj 2000 nexus and i have tried all the different set points that it gives

2014-07-08 18.15.23.jpg

10. dermyod

dermyod NI Product Owner

if you look back at the audio 8 control panel images it says usb streaming errors 2, what does this mean?

11. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

Are you using CDJ 2000 Nexus players? Auto cue is just the automatic setting of the initial cue point, it has no effect on output volume.

12. dermyod

dermyod NI Product Owner

yes i am

13. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

14. dermyod

dermyod NI Product Owner

yeah thats how i have had it set up recently since due to this issue, but u would still like to get to the bottom of the issue incase i turn up to play some were that doesn't have the nexus players, and i get the same problem, another thing is when i use my cdjs as a live input the sound is badly distorted the kinda sound you get when you have a line input going into a phono input

15. makar1

makar1 Forum Member

Does Live Input sound normal when using your phone?

16. DJ Freshfluke

it feels like i'm overseeing sth obvious.

hm. preferences, cabling, audio 8 panel looks all correctly.
    cd players seem to work if you can calibrate them on deck c/d
    inputs a/b on the audio 8 seem to be ok, if you can calibrate them with your phone.

the only thing that springs to my mind right now is that the audio 8 is for some mysterious reason stuck in phono mode, while it displays cd/line mode. what happens, if you change the sample rate from 44.1 to 48? changing the sample rate re-initializes the soundcard. maybe worth a try.

17. dermyod

dermyod NI Product Owner

hey, i just tried changing the sample are to 48 and it made no difference still the same problem as for the live input through my phone it sounds distorted also, i think channel A + B seam to be stuck on phono mode

18. DJ Freshfluke

ok, then please contact the NI support and let me know the outcome!