Tip - How to add Kore templates to the right click menu

Discussion in 'KORE' started by Kymeia, Jan 9, 2009.

1. richiedoc

richiedoc NI Product Owner

OK I get it. Instead of, let's say, loading Absynth (with no mappings to the controllers) I can load a template I've made with all my favorite mappings already configured instead. This actually makes sense. Thanks...

2. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

Yep. Although Absynth should have mappings by default anyway. But many third party plugins do not so that's why we developed the idea of templates. Just use the template instead of the plugin and if you want to also save its presets as Koresounds they will be setup with the right params etc in advance too.

You can even create different templates for different jobs - e.g. for some complex plugins there are so many params you end up with dozens of user pages which is no use in a performance context so I might create a cutdown template with just the essential params mapped for performance and then a more in depth one when my focus is on sound design. And if I'm batch importing presets I'll create different templates for each sound category with the attributes needed for each already set up (bass, pads, leads etc) so I don't have to add so much individually afterwards.

Check out my site for a comprehensive list of Kore templates:

http://fingermarks.co.uk/music2.htm

3. wetdentist

wetdentist NI Product Owner

can a template be applied to a .ksd that i've already saved from a 3rd party, say, z3ta+ 1.5?

4. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

No - that is one of the annoying limitations of Kore I had always hoped would be eventually addressed in a new version. A feature request I had was to be able to copy paste user pages between ksd's using the same plugin but it was never taken up. What you could do is save the koresound as a z3ta preset then reload it in the Kore template version and save that (assuming its a single patch and not a multi instrument)