1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Totally new to DJing

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR SCRATCH' started by oneartist, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oneartist

oneartist New Member

:) I'm very new to DJing. I teach a HS audio elective class. I'm familiar with PC recording and somewhat familiar with SR.
    I'm at this forum because most people say Traktor is the best digital DJ software. I'm deciding between a Vestax V 100 controller with Traktor 3 DJ, or, AUDIO 8 DJ with Traktor Scratch. I would like to use Native Instruments education assisantance program to help my students learn the art of DJing.

I have an old Dual CS2215 turntable. I assume I just connect this to the AUDIO 8 cable and left click on the turntable icon. Can it be that simple? I there a reason I should not use an old turntable?

Here is a list of some of the equipment in our class. I think the AH mixer is a little large for DJ work. I would probably use the smaller Mackie.

Allen & Heath Mix Wizard WZ3:16:2, Mackie 14VLZ, RME Fireface 800, XTA FS224, QSC HPR153i pair, Mackie 1530 pair, Korg TR61, Samplitude Pro Vs 9 audio software. etc. etc.

Any suggestions appreciated,

Chuck

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  2. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

I would suggest getting a DJ turntable with a DJ cartridge to teach the fundamentals of a DJ turntable.

You don't necessarily have to get Technics SL-1200 because there options on the market now.

3. oneartist

oneartist New Member

Thanks DJ Quartz,

I had to make a decison due to time presure. For now we are getting the Vestax VCI-100 and upgrade to Traktor 3 DJ. The students will let me know if they want to continue to vinyl. As we're learning, we'll be back here for help.
    I may be of some help in the audio side of digital recording and live sound. I've had great luck with RME sound cards. I think a RME RPM interfaced to a Cardbus PCMCIA laptop card would be the lowest latency possible a Vestax VCI-100. The RPM also has phono inputs or they can be switched to CD line inputs plus Midi and Mic inputs. One thing I've learned about RME- it works with little hassle and the latency is near zero.

Chuck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.