1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Toybox Nano Pack Released

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by bolabo, Dec 2, 2020.

1. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

NanoPack Poster Small.png

Hey Guys

We just released the FULL Nano Pack! :)

The pack features over 500 ultra high-quality, low CPU blocks designed for modern sound design.

Features include:
    • 500 Small, low CPU blocks for unlimited flexibility
    • Infinite Linear Oversampling (ILO) used for waveshapers, samplers, wavetables and oscillators (ILO is a DSP technique that greatly reduces aliasing distortion for an extremely clean/analog sound)
    • Flexible audio-rate modulations; every control has it’s own modulation input
    • 34 oscillator blocks utilising analog modelling, wavetable, additive, modal synthesis, physical modelling, oscillator stacking, phase distortion and more!
    • 76 high quality effects blocks including blocks for saturation, wave-folding, dynamics, spectral effects, vintage and modern reverbs, grain cloud, convolution and more!
    • 26 filter block utilising ultra high quality ZDF algorithms, including equalisers, comb filters, morphing filters, vintage modelled filters (ladder, sallen-Key, OTA, diode)
    • Sampler blocks for granular and formant processing, drum hits, automatic sampling, buffer manipulations etc.
    • A suite of versatile sequencer blocks that can be combined for creative sequencing and routing of sounds. Sequencer types include: gate, note, euclidean, bit, repeat, roll etc.
    • A ‘position’ port is used to drive the sequencers, which means you can control the playback position of any sequencer using any signal in your rack, for very complex and experimental sequencer patches. Use modulation or audio signals to drive sequencers or feed audio signals back to the position input to stutter and glitch playback
    • ‘Position Splitter’ and ‘Position Effects’ blocks can be used to divide and modify the signals driving the sequences in different ways, modifying patterns for musical variation
    • Over 300 utility blocks covering everything from input and output, MIDI, OSC, scopes and meters, recording, clocks, ramps, maths etc.
    • Maths functions, tables, arrays, build your own oscillators or filters just using blocks
    • Open up any block and modify it, while it’s being used (full Reaktor required)
    • Powerful snapshot system built into every block. Snapshots can be morphed and selected from an input port, or selected and edited globally by using MIDI and OSC
    • A set of blocks for use with the Tidal Cycles live coding environment
    The pack can be used without limitations with the free Reaktor Player (no need for full Reaktor).

INTRO PRICE $45.00 (normal price $64)

More information is available on the Toybox website:

https://www.toyboxaudio.com/

David

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Moujik

Moujik NI Product Owner

Wow.

3. hanratty

hanratty NI Product Owner

This looks unbelievable. Youtube tutorial for each block please! :D

4. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Haha!

Yes, videos coming soon, let me know if there are any blocks in particular I should cover?

5. hanratty

oh wow, well... for me personally, I would like to know more about using the utility/maths blocks, the utility/routing and the utility/utility blocks. and also curious about the tidal blocks. I can hack together a synth or a drum machine, pile on some fx and modulation. But i'd like to be able to build patches in a more thoughtful way. So that's only about 110-130 blocks I need tutorials for. j/k, whatever you do will be great, and if you do nothing it will still be great. I am just really happy to have all these great blocks to work with. Between the front panel patching and the stuff you've been doing, as well as Brett blocks, Bloodlines, and Euro Reakt, which I also enjoy using, Reaktor blocks has become a lot better.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

I could do a patch that uses the maths blocks to make a simple 1 pole filter from scratch? Or maybe some routing sequencing ideas routing things around, maybe with the sequential switch?

Yep, full documentation and videos covering the tidal stuff will come soon.

• Like Like x 2
  7. hanratty

Sequencing/routing ideas with the sequential switch would be great! I am interested in making self-playing patches.

8. Parhelic

Parhelic NI Product Owner

Eagerly awaiting documentation and videos for the tidal blocks but will purchase soon.

9. hanratty

It would be cool if you could sneak a Launchpad into a video and show how to use the launchpad blocks, or maybe just a patch? i have a launchpad that I use with Numerology, totally amazing combination. Would be real cool to use them in blocks world.

• Like Like x 1
  10. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

OK good idea, I'll add that to the list.

Here's a video we just did, showing how to connect up a sequencer block, and then distorting and flipping around the 'position' signal that drives the sequencer's playback position:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Catman Dude

Catman Dude NI Product Owner

Great work! On to the toybox store now...

12. killmaster

killmaster NI Product Owner

Does Nano Pack offer the same functionality as the Toybox Block set?
    How are they different aside from Nano being compact?

13. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

They're different DSP in the modules themselves, so no they're not the same as blocks from the other Toybox packs.

14. killmaster

Thanks! Can you say what the difference is? Is it an audio quality consideration, one more analog sounding etc..?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  15. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

The Nano Pack takes a different approach to the other packs, the regular Toybox packs squash a lot of features into a single block for convenience, making the individual blocks versatile. The Nano Pack has a lot more blocks (over 500) which are smaller and use less CPU, so it's more flexible. But all the packs combine well together. The sound quality will be the same.

The Nano Pack started off as the LiveCore library, see here:

https://github.com/freeeco/livecore

The Nano Pack sequencer blocks are basically LiveCore sequencer core-macros wrapped up into blocks.

16. killmaster

Thank you! Good to know!

17. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Here's a handy cheatsheet showing some basic functions of the Nano Pack blocks:

[​IMG]

18. killmaster

Thanks, this king of thing is most helpful!

19. thisisprisma

thisisprisma New Member

just bought it... loving it!

20. hanratty

Me too. When I use Reaktor blocks in my DAW, I get a smaller screen to work in than when Reaktor is standalone. So, these Nano blocks are really useful when working in my DAW, in addition to all the other ways they are useful.

• Like Like x 1