toybox Reaktor 6.3 blocks

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by bolabo, Apr 20, 2019.

1. uksnowy

uksnowy NI Product Owner

Ok. thank you. I'll first do a bit of checking.

2. uksnowy

uksnowy NI Product Owner

Ok. I checked and you are correct. Another question: how do I convert CV to MIDI CC? I would like to use some of the tools (envelope, LFO etc) to control external VSTs' CCs.

3. Moujik

Moujik NI Product Owner

You could use the MIDI Out block from Blocks Base.

4. uksnowy

uksnowy NI Product Owner

Here is why I thought there were duplicates. When working in the Rack construction area when I press enter to invoke the block search I see multiples of the same block being listed in each of the packs. Example: if I type 'oscillator' I see the same list of oscillators as being listed in all four packs.

5. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Aha, maybe send me an email with some screenshot and I'll see if I can help figure it out for you.. sounds like it's not been properly installed with Native Access.. check that the 'installation' path in Native Access is pointing to that actual pack folder.. for example "/Users/Shared/Free Pack"

6. uksnowy

uksnowy NI Product Owner

Thank you. I got it sorted. It was because I had them all installed in the same directory 'Toybox'.

7. uksnowy

uksnowy NI Product Owner

I think I may have found a bug. I was building this small rack this morning and I had it working fine. I am using the Bassline oscillator. Then I connected a gate signal to the reset of the Bassline oscillator and it went it some odd behavior that I could not recover from. The oscillator started to flip between asking for samples to be dropped in and the selected waveform. I immediately disconnected the gate from the reset but the problem persisted. I closed and reopened the rack but the problem remained. It is like the Bassline oscillator is now stuck in a strange mode. At the time I was working in Maschine but I also opened the rack in standalone and the problem was still there. I have included the file.

Attached Files:

8. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

In your rack the small keyboard icon (the 'MAP' button) above the wavetable SELECT knob is active. This button enables selecting of all the loaded wavetables using the pitch input. You could use this button for example to have a different wavetable selected for each key on the keyboard for a very detailed copy of an acoustic instrument.

There are only 29 wavetables loaded in the 'Bassline Oscillator' so if MAP button is enabled then values above E-0 arriving at the PITCH port will select an empty wavetable location, hence the flashing of the display.

Disable the MAP button and then save and reload the rack and the patch should be fixed.

Screenshot 2019-12-03 at 12.04.09.png

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Toybox BF flier 2.png

The toybox V1.1 update is now available! :)

Grab the updated packs from the toybox website:

https://www.toyboxaudio.com

All packs have been updated. The free pack now includes a suite of 32 step sequencers plus new sequence driving blocks for flipping and twisting sequences. There's a bunch of new features, blocks, GUI improvements etc..

25% Black Friday discount has been extended till end of the week --> enter BLACKFRIDAY19 at the checkout.

1small.jpg

2small.jpg

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  10. uksnowy

uksnowy NI Product Owner

oh blimey. I knew it would be my inept-ability. LOL
    Thank you I will check it out later.
    BTW.. I am really enjoying learning to use these modules. I am surprised and delighted how intuitive they are. They also sound really good. You have done a terrific job with these modules.

• Like Like x 1
  11. VictorB

VictorB New Member

Done, full pack... awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Catman Dude

Catman Dude NI Product Owner

Not sure what the update process is. I tried putting the 2 packs (including Designer Pack) into Cart and checkout, but it didn't recognize that this should be an update. Is there a link to just update without the usual Cart -> Checkout, or did I miss a step?
    Thanks,
    David

• Like Like x 1
  13. Catman Dude

Catman Dude NI Product Owner

I tried again and figured out the path to download success. I.e. Never Mind previous post!
    :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Aha, cool! :)

BTW you don't need to use Native Access to install the update, just replace the old pack folders with the updated ones..

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. p1afff

p1afff NI Product Owner

OK, I was wondering too...

• Like Like x 1
  16. uksnowy

uksnowy NI Product Owner

I am sorry to report this is not the solution. Toggling the Map button did nothing. Also, the problem is repeatable. I fixed it by deleting from the rack the Bassline oscillator and then added a new instance of the Bassline oscillator to the rack. It worked perfectly. I then connected the Gate out from the sequencer to the Reset of the Bassline and the odd behaviour came back. If I delete and replace the oscillator with a new instance, all is good again.

17. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Sorry I forgot to mention, the MAP button is latched to the gate port for some reason (that means it needs to receive a gate signal to update the state of the button) so as the GATE port was disconnect in your patch after you changed the switch then it's not able to reset it's state to off, even though it shows it's been disabled..

If you disable the button and then save and then reload the rack (or just toggle reaktor's power button) it should reset the problem.

This button shouldn't be on the block as the block has only 29 tables and this will be addressed in next update.

If you still have problems email me using the link on the toybox site and I'll see if we can figure it out -->

https://www.toyboxaudio.com/pages/contact-us

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  18. uksnowy

uksnowy NI Product Owner

Ok. that got it. Disabling the Map button and toggling the Reaktor's power button brought it back to life. Thank you for the support. Can you explain why it goes into this crazy mode when the Reset on the Bassline Osc gets a Gate pulse. Is this intended function?

19. bolabo

bolabo NI Product Owner

Best to leave the MAP button switched off on the Baseline block. I've removed it for the next update to avoid problems.

With the MAP button switched off you shouldn't get any of the strange behaviour you mentioned. I just tested it and seems to be working fine here.

The 'Reset' port triggers the 'wavetable scanning' function (see the SCAN, SPEED and SCAN MODE controls) which can scan through the TB303 based wavetables in different ways when triggered by the reset port, giving you that classic TB303 filter-sweep for example.

The 'Reset' port also restarts the oscillator's phase when the 'RESET' button is enabled (small button at the top left corner of the block). This works in the same way as the RESET button on the bento oscillator. If you are using the oscillator as an LFO for example you can reset the LFO's phase using this port.

One hint, if you don't already know it, is that if you enable 'Info Hints' (the "i" icon in reaktor's tool bar), then hover over any control or port it will give you a little information on what that control does.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  20. uksnowy

uksnowy NI Product Owner

OK. noted. thank you again. I love the Bassline Oscillator. It is working a treat now. One thing. Is there a way to create our own wave-tables for it?