1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

TP3 sounds good on M1 MacBook Air w/Rosetta.

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by kokernutz, Nov 18, 2020.

1. kokernutz

kokernutz Active Member

I was expecting stuttering or maybe a low bit rate sound to it but it sounds good to me.

Just get Native Access working so I can transfer my license and get TP3 out of demo mode! ;)

Image 11-17-20 at 9.31 PM.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. c0nsul

c0nsul NI Product Owner

Good news!
    I'm interested if there are issues with midi controllers and/or sound interfaces?

Want to be sure my old VCI-400 EGE will still work before upgrading to the M1 SoC.

3. kokernutz

kokernutz Active Member

Well my X1, Z1 and S5 (god I wish they made a MK2) all seem to work OK. I am not plugging in my S4 MK3 until NI gives the thumbs up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kokernutz

kokernutz Active Member

Traktor DJ 2 with my Z1 seems OK too, for what it's worth. I did need to re-import my library though... my library was there, but none of the tracks were linked to the files. My computer name changed... not sure if NI is looking at that and that's why the links were broken.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Beavis Commerford

Beavis Commerford New Member

Ohh, how nice! How did you get Native Access working on Apple Silicon? I get this message: "Native Access isn't supported on your system yet".

6. kokernutz

kokernutz Active Member

I didn't. In my original post I said that Native Access was still not working and Traktor was stuck in demo mode.

I'm curious as to why NI is not allowing Native Access to run under Rosetta. It is the only app on my Mac that has that restriction!

7. Beavis Commerford

Beavis Commerford New Member

Ahh, I misread "get" with "got" in "Just get Native Access working"... ;-)

Yes, also wondering why NI is not allowing it... It's blocking me to play my live set on the new macbook pro, and I just got it for this reason... :-(

• Like Like x 1
  8. Djtwok

Djtwok NI Product Owner

Hope that ni ports at least native access fast for the m1. At this moment I would instant buy the new MacBook.

9. Djtwok

Djtwok NI Product Owner

Did anyone try to load the iPad version of Traktor DJ on a new MacBook ?

10. kokernutz

kokernutz Active Member

If you already download the macOS version of Traktor DJ 2, it works fine under Rosetta... if you don't already have it, you can't download it as Native Access will not run on an M1 yet.

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 1.56.39 PM.png

And the iOS version running on an M1 Mac, well... judge for yourself...

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 1.48.56 PM.png

• Like Like x 2
  11. ColinBrussels

ColinBrussels New Member

Good for you if it works !
    I've been using TSP2 for years on a macbook Pro 15' retina 2012, works well under Mojave.
    I just bought the M1 MBP and what a deception... I feel TS Pro2 may not be supported as TS3 is out :-/
    My friend runs Serato perfectly on the same Silicon mac as mine. I hope NI will quickly find a solution for me to work with my TSP2 under Big Sur or I will have to switch to Serato. I'm not willing to pay for TSP3 as I already own TSP2

12. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

They will not. Traktor Pro 2 was discontinued and does not install on macOS Catalina and later. Good luck switching to Serato.

13. c0nsul

c0nsul NI Product Owner

TP2 didn't even run on Catalina, so there is no chance for TP2 running on BigSur.
    I think, TP2 isn't showing up in NativeAccess anymore since the update to
    Catalina.
    And, Traktor Pro 2 never officially supported Mojave! It was only tested for HighSierra! Which was also communicated by NI back in the days.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  14. ColinBrussels

ColinBrussels New Member

Understood. Why good luck ? Some of my friends use Serato (some prefer Traktor) but both seem to have no issue. My concern is that my old mac is dead and I need a solution quickly. As Serato works fine under Silicon processor, I may have no choice. No offense to NI, I loved their products till now.

15. ColinBrussels

ColinBrussels New Member

It works perfectly under Mojave, you just need to tweak the buffer size. Not noticeable on usage.

16. Djtwok

Djtwok NI Product Owner

So it’s possible to download Traktor DJ 2 on another MacBook with intel cpu an install it on my m1 ?

17. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. ColinBrussels

ColinBrussels New Member

Sure ? TSP2 works like a charm (in demo mode) on my MBP13 Silicon ;-)

[​IMG]

19. c0nsul

c0nsul NI Product Owner

Interesting. Didn't expect this.
    You downloaded the installer from the NI site? Or did you download the installer via NativeAccess? Can you activate the full version with your serial?

20. ColinBrussels

ColinBrussels New Member

Was an old installer, This installer is not available anymore from the site.
    I will be able to activate with my serial when Native Access will be available for Mac silicon, or maybe not. Depends on if NI allows to activate older products. I hope so because TSP2 works reallllly well on M1 macs under big sur !!