1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Track end warning

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by DiscoPoelie, Oct 24, 2011.

1. DiscoPoelie

DiscoPoelie NI Product Owner

One thing I miss on the S4 is a track end warning. Sometimes you're caught up in a conversation with fellow DJs, punters or bar staff, and forget to mix your next record ;) On CD players you had this function, and in traktor there is a MIDI command which can make a LED on your controller flash.

Unfortunatly, the S4 does not give you a track end warning. Maybe the kind folks at NI can make the LED under the CUE button (above the channel fader, the one which shows which deck is active) flash when the track end warning is active? Anyway, I would appreciate it if the did :cool:

2. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

I look at the decks on the screen. The stripe flashes red to warn of track end.

3. DiscoPoelie

Yup, but flashing LEDs are just cool :cool:

No, seriously ;) I tend to play with another fellow DJ, so we put the laptop beside the S4, so one DJ can search a next track, and the other can mix a track. And my fellow DJ tends to forget to mix, especially during warming up, because he is distracted by other stuff, such as dancing girls :D

4. Count Zero

Count Zero ModerAUtor Moderator

Flashing LED's won't solve the problem then unless the LED's are attached to their hips. :D :D

5. DiscoPoelie

That's an idea! Why didn't NI come with this? NI strings with track end warning LEDs! :)

6. -Yul-

-Yul- NI Product Owner

there's a led output command you can use. But it would not blink.

7. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

It would if you use the 'Beat Phase Monitor' assignment... Somehow:confused: