1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE
NOTICE:

Our Traktor Pro Public Beta is available again in our new online community. Join us if you want to try new features.

MORE INFO

Track TAGS

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by dj_eddie_gr, Oct 16, 2013.

1. dj_eddie_gr

dj_eddie_gr Forum Member

And I don't mean ID3 or something. I mean a propper tagging system like the one found in MASCHINE for tagging your samples. It could help for searching big libraries and creating playlists. Nowdays ,it is easy to download loads of music that you like. With tags like this it would be easy to bring up searches for creating playlists more easy.

• Like Like x 1
  2. dj_eddie_gr

dj_eddie_gr Forum Member

I know ,and already been doing this with comments and 2nd comment. But what if the same track could be played with diff genre or bpm. Or the same song could be used as sample. Tags are the thing,when it comes to searching ,we all know this....
    Just a thought...

3. traktortips

traktortips Forum Member

It looks like Beatport beat them to the punch! Bring Tagging to Traktor please!!;)

4. buggles

buggles NI Product Owner

I like the idea of being able to link tracks together once you know they work well together. Not exactly the same as tagging; I would call it track linking. Once you link two tracks together they will always show up in each others' link list. You could have as many tracks as you want linked to each other track. This is something that would evolve and push your sets the more you use it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. traktortips

traktortips Forum Member

Great idea!

• Like Like x 1
  6. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

Yes yes yes. This is probably the best idea Ever.
    Someone push this to the top.

• Like Like x 2
  7. parrismc

parrismc Member

+ 1...... Yes yes for Track Tags.......

8. maara

maara Forum Member

9. muthafunka

muthafunka NI Product Owner

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  10. buggles

buggles NI Product Owner

...and while we're on the subject of tags, it occurred to me that I want to be able to add comments to my waveforms a la Soundcloud. You know, "watch the bass here" - "remember, you hate this vocal" - "repeats"

11. mastermc

mastermc NI Product Owner

another old request

12. traktortips

traktortips Forum Member

You can 'kinda' do this already - just add a cue point and type your words in it.....

13. mastermc

mastermc NI Product Owner

no it's not enough because you have to click on the cue point to see the text . This is way too oprimitive

• Like Like x 1
  14. buggles

buggles NI Product Owner

Something like this is not hard to implement since it's just text based and would have little to no effect on your CPU load. With NI they historically just need to see that there's a heavy interest among it's user base for it before they begin to look at it. So while there may be a workaround, if you like the sound of a new feature that's not an overwhelming revamp of the software or something that risks functionality, why not push for it?

15. traktortips

traktortips Forum Member

totally agree - I stand behind any improvements to the track browser..... I am reluctant to spend the time going through the beatport track tags, just incase Traktor implement it themselves......

• Like Like x 1
  16. Almaz

Almaz Well-Known Member