TraCoMerger – Combine Traktor collections, Transfer metadata between TDJ and Traktor Pro

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR DJ (for iPhone and iPad)' started by Kalo, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

Hi folks,

in attachment the new 1.4 version of TraCoMerger. It's independent from my other application (TraCoConverter), both are native stand alone application. I developed this application for the whole community for free usage … also merged some private collection for some of you. So feel free to download the application and share the link, hope you enjoy.

What is TraCoMerger ? …. The application helps you …
    • if you want transfer any meta date (bpm, grid marker, cue points, musical key) between Traktor DJ and Traktor Pro,
    • or you plan to migrate your song collection from one device (iOS, Mac, PC) to a new device or laptop,
    • or plan to reorganize your itunes library but want keep the cue points,
    • or want to restore cue points from earlier backups to you current song collection,
    • or search for an option to edit musical keys in TDJ

• NEW in Version 1.4: - edited in Aug. 2016 - improved user Interface, aligned to TraCoConverter 2.0, included Mp3tag macro for musical key import, bugfixing, Manual updates

• NEW in 1.5: TDJ iCloud workflow supported, updated Help file (please see new chapters regarding iCloud, also be aware about the new workflow transfering meta data into TDJ iCloud)

TraCoMerger is (similar to TraCoConverter) a PC Windows stand alone direct-run .exe application (does not need any installation), supports any Traktor collection on Mac, iOS or PC … Traktor Pro and Traktor DJ .. so hopefully also useful for Mac guys :) ...
    Mac user: run the application with your Mac collection.nml on any Windows PC from friends - quite easy, because no itunes or your songs or any Traktor needed ... more details see included help file (Manual, FAQ's, Release Notes) in zip files below

Guys, if you have any detailed technical questions or any bug feedback, the please send me a private message (click on my Avatar, then 'start private conversation'), to keep this thread mostly clean, a kind of sticky thread. I kindly ask you, not to discuss any general issues in this thread …positive feedback in public always welcome :D …. also happy about each like :thumbsup:

I will update this first post in this thread regularly with the current actual TraCoMerger Version, so you will find the latest version always below here:

Good luck, hope you like the idea of TraCoMerger
    KALO

>> Disclaimer … I am NOT a NI guy, just a TDJ user same you. NI does not support me in my development, but accepted to share my application in this forum. NI is not responsible at all, so please use my private application on your own risk. Feel free to share the application.
    @Karlos and @Native Coconut: please add if i missed anything, thanks !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
  2. DJLadyHeidi

DJLadyHeidi Member

This works amazing you're a genius - Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

thanks a lot ! :)

4. Cory B. Gauthreaux

Cory B. Gauthreaux Member

Once Traktor finishes installing and analyzing all the tracks on my laptop I'm gonna give this a try.. Will report back.....

5. DJLadyHeidi

DJLadyHeidi Member

I'm a Mac user but i installed parallels to allow me to use this program - it's absolutely brilliant

6. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

Always welcome :). In case of any problems send me a PM first to get my support.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  7. SicksentZ

SicksentZ New Member

Would love a walkthrough from a mac user. I've tried this in Wine and "Play on Mac" and both come back with errors. I'd love to have this feature back

8. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

No problem, I assume an Windows .NET 4.0 issue only. We will solve it. Check your private conversations, I answered already. If we fixed the problem I propose and appreciate to publish the take away here for the community. Cheers:)

9. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

Hi guys,

i updated first post with the actual 1.2 version. I added some enhancements (Progress bar, drag&drop support, smoother dialog repaint process, About box etc..) Also updated the documentation. For more details: see TraCoMerger > Help menu.

Cheers :)
    KALO

10. jimmyjamesh

jimmyjamesh NI Product Owner

Hi, how do you "unpack" the IOS file from .nml.gz to nml please?

This looks very interesting, you should get a job at NI :0)

11. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

simple double click on the .gz (gz. is similar to a zip file). Then it opens and you can drag&drop the included collection.nml to any local folder on your laptop. Should work on each PC or Mac (If not then use WinZip to open).

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  12. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

Hi guys,

i updated first post with the actual 1.3 version. I fixed the GUI freezing bug (thanks to the guys for telling me this problem), and updated the documentation. For more details: see TraCoMerger > Help menu.

Cheers :)
    KALO

13. keepittidy

keepittidy New Member

This is awesome KALO, can't wait to try it..

I just have one question, will this work if the files are different formats? For example, i use flac files on traktor pro on my macbook which TDJ on the ipad will not play. So if i convert my tracks to mp3 for the ipad but keep all the ID3 tag info the same will your program still work??

Thanks

14. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

I never worked with flac files, but TraCoMerger should still work, quite sure :)

The whole matching (between TDJ and Traktor Pro) via TraCoMerger is based on the files collection.nml on both sides (not the song themself). TraCoMerger defines 'same files' only via Title/Artist/Album. I avoided any other dependencies, e.g. also no iTunes ID's are used (to be most flexible). Detail: The native NI matching (in older Traktor Pro versions) was based on iTunes ID's, which is quite terrible. TaCoMerger is much more flexible: it works also if TDJ and Mac/Traktor use different iTunes mediathek's, different laptops, different song libraries etc ...

In summary: You need both collection.nml and you must ensure that the content of 3 ID3 tags are same: 1.title, 2. artist, 3. album ... thats all. :)

Good luck .... You can send me a private conversation anytime in case u need any further help or support to TraCoMerger

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  15. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

Also the other app, the TraCoAnalyzer works (of course) also for flac files, it's based on collection.nml only. I always anayze my collection.nml with this tool before i merge with TraCoMerger.

Similar TraCoMerger: the Traktor Pro collection.nml can be the Traktor Pro file from your Mac, but you need any PC/Windows to run the application itself: https://www.native-instruments.com/...-into-a-colored-meta-data-spreadsheet.259384/

16. keepittidy

keepittidy New Member

Thanks for the info Kalo.. I'll give it a try tonight or tomorrow and let you know how i get on.. This really will be great!

17. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

Good luck. Please check the two chapter "How to transfer cue points from Traktor Pro (PC/Mac) to Traktor DJ (iOS)" and "How to replace the ORIGINAL Traktor DJ collection.nml (iOS) with the NEW COLLECTION”. in the included help file :thumbsup:, don't forget e.g. first step (analyze all songs in TDJ first) or step 4 (rename the folder in dropbox). Details see instruction help in TraCoMerger

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  18. keepittidy

keepittidy New Member

It works perfectly!! Thanks Kalo, you are a genius!

This has turned traktor DJ on the ipad from a simple play thing to the actual DJ companion to traktor pro that Native instruments had promised when they released it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

:):thumbsup: great ! .. happy for you. Thanks for letting us know.
    Yes, meanwhile i also prepare all cues on TDJ only, cueing and griding is amazing comfortable on iOS .. and transfer from there to Traktor Pro or to other DJ applications, or printout or browse in my collection with TraCoAnalyzer, but most important is to restore all cues when i change my mediathek/songcollection on iOS. Btw ... I also use TraCoMerger to Import 'correct' Musical keys from MixedInKey into TDJ (will write a further post in future about)

enjoy :)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  20. -Yul-

-Yul- NI Product Owner

If I could send you cookies I would, instead please accept some internet love.

• Like Like x 1