Tractor S2 - Turns on when USB is plugged in, then turns off immediately.

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR DJ 2' started by Søren Bro Thygesen, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Søren Bro Thygesen

Søren Bro Thygesen New Member

I bought the Tracktor S2 DJ controller for about 2 years ago but I´ve never actually made it work. No matter what I try it turns on and displays a lot of fine lights when I plug it into the USB on my computer, then right away turns off and goes dead. What am I doing wrong?

I´ve tried to make it work through my M-Audio MK II external sound card. I´ve tried connecting it directly to an amplifier (Yamaha) but with the same results. The manual talks about using some thing called Scratch and some thing DJ Studio but with the same results. It´s driving me mad. I have a distinct feeling that the thing is defect, but on the other hand I also have a distinct feeling that I haven't read the manual closely enough.

What are the steps that I need to do to make it work, with which I mean making it stay turned on and using DJ Studio to load tracks into it and using it as it´s supposed to work.

It doesn´t help that the company I bought it from seems to be bankrupt and of no help at all. I felt assured that they had my serial number and other important stuff lying on their systems but, they seem to be of no help at all. I used 2000 DKK (divide ~7 to get the EURO/Dollar price). Was I cheated or am I just doing something basic thing wrong?

Regards,
    Søren

2. shiveringgoat

shiveringgoat NI Product Owner

Maybe the computer doesn’t have enough power through USB port?, do you have the official power lead?

3. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

only to get it right .. you bought the S2 mk2 (2 years ago) ,.. do you have this issue with TDJ2 only (newest version which supports mk2) .. asking because you posted in TDJ2 forum ... or does this happen which each software ?? what happens if you use your S2 with TDJ1 and Traktor Pro ?

4. Søren Bro Thygesen

I have tried bwith all the relevant drivers from the native instruments site. (To be absolutely honest - and to my public embaressment - I have tried with a bunch of pirated software and driver collections just to be sure I wasn´t missing anything. This should ofcourse not be necessacary as I have bought it legally and there should be absolutely no reason to do this. But I tried just to explore all avenues.) The Traktor Control Service Center simply doesn't recognise the device. I have tried with several computers. Also with ones that have modern USB inputs. Including the install that installs special USB drivers. I´m slowly getting the suspicion that the device is broke and always has been.

Regards,
    Søren

5. Søren Bro Thygesen

What really grinds my gears is that the local comanpy I bought it from has, in the meantime, filed for bancruptcy, so there´s no help to get there. I´m really p*ssed off that I seem to have wasted my money like this.

6. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

7. Søren Bro Thygesen

Sorry about the wrong forum thingy I just thought I'd conclude this issue. I've gotten it to work. Much happiness ensued. Thanks to you all.

It seemed to be a case of a missing MK3 driver thing.

Now I need to make the headphones work, but I just have to learn to use the program.

Thx to all from a happy psytrance-camper. :)

• Like Like x 1