1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

traklister - get Traktor playlists into plain text, fast

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by ewenme, May 2, 2019.

1. ewenme

ewenme New Member

Hi,

I often find myself going through pain every time I need to get a Traktor playlist out of Traktor, usually for pasting to SoundCloud etc. So, I made a web app, traklister, to make it easy to get .nml files into plain-text for using elsewhere. Go to https://apps.ewen.io/traklister/ to try it out!

Hope you find it useful, but any feedback/suggestions would be great.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Revan

Revan NI Product Owner

Hi ewenme.

Just ran a few history files through it and it works really well, nice and fast seeing as it has been kept simple from a web design perspective which i like.

:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Owner

Owner NI Product Owner

yeah, nice! thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tijn71

Tijn71 NI Product Owner

Thanks, very nice. In the future maybe add the start time of the tracks.

5. boysteve

boysteve NI Product Owner

Thank you SO much! I've been copying & pasting track titles using Windows Explorer for two podcasts for thirteen years! This is going to save me so much time.Can I Paypal you ten bucks? Seriously.

6. boysteve

Playlists know what tracks were played, not when they start.

7. Tijn71

Tijn71 NI Product Owner

I know this, but it also works with the history files and they have a start time (and much more info). I often do not use playlists and play what comes to mind.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  8. DJBite

DJBite New Member

Thank you very much for this very easy but useful tool!

9. boysteve

I didn't realize it worked with the history files, too -- thanks for letting me know!

10. Sussudio

Sussudio NI Product Owner

Why would you do that for 13 years??? In Traktor you could already export any playlist (including your history) as a webpage:
    upload_2019-5-23_12-22-51.png

11. boysteve

Yah, I know that (though it hasn't been true for 13 years). But they're pretty ugly & clunky, and it's as much work to convert/copy them to include in my own website & RSS feed as it is to just copy & paste them from Windows Explorer.