Traktor 2.0 & Traktor Audio 10 & 6 Announced.

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by dj mutley, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dj mutley

dj mutley NI Product Owner

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4pkPIFsvgo&hd=1"]YouTube - The new generation of Traktor Scratch[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrvf5U1uloE&hd=1"]YouTube - The new generation of Traktor Audio interfaces[/ame]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  2. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

3. dh140770

dh140770 Forum Member

Looks lovely. Lots of new features to learn!

I have an Audio 4. Will I be able to use all the new features including the sample decks or do I need to save for an Audio 6 ?

4. h0l0fonze

h0l0fonze NI Product Owner

Still NO easy MASCHINE integration or bridge for ableton. REALLY? I assumed since the 1.6 update for MASCHINE included vst handling,they would integrate it with traktor pro 2 to use plugins. I mean come on! Even freakin torq 2.0 can use vsts! Also...after ALL these years still NO new EQs? We're stuck with an emulation of the now ancient djm-600? At least keep my xone eq and make it USABLE in the S4 via HID. Sorry for the rant. I just expected new features for seamless integration and sound quality. Pretty much the only additions are just gui color changes,better zooming,the sample decks from S4,and 4 new effects(which could have been unlimited new effects if they included vst support). Theres absolutely nothing really new or innovating with this update in the least. I hope theres more to it in the pipeline through further updates. PLEASE MAKE TRAKTOR USABLE AS A VST AND INTEGRATE IT WITH MASCHINE PROPERLY! :D

5. DjKurtCocaine

DjKurtCocaine Forum Member

btw i loved 'the pizza was a lie' line lol
    now we just have to wait for all the information to trickle down about upgrades etc. looks sweet tho! can't wait to get my hands on an upgrade and (once i've saved enough cash) a maschine so i can hammer those sample decks!

The only question left now is whether to still beat match or not...

6. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

Nothing really new or innovating? Really h0l0fonze?

Guess you can't please everyone with all new features.

7. haze324

haze324 Forum Member

Why April 1st is my only question. Isn't that the same day the SL-4 drops?

Are they going to head to head with SSL. I would've thought they released it a few weeks early to get a jump on the market.

Looks awesome!

8. h0l0fonze

h0l0fonze NI Product Owner

I am happy about the update,but what exactly would qualify as an innovating new feature here? Sample decks have already been around,so have multi colored waveforms. The new effects im sure are good,but again,had they implemented some way of using vsts we would have unlimited new effects possibilities. Not just 4 new ones. Im sure more additions will be made through updates,but I was just expecting Maschine integration and some form of sound quality enhancements to the internal eqs. The general consensus is that the existing 3 band eqs just do not sound good when cutting certain frequencies. I figured after ALL these years,they would have added at least ONE new one. If they are going to STILL have the djm-600 emulation,why not at least update it to the industry standard djm-800 emulation? I guess as long as they keep my beloved 4 band xone eq it will be fine,but who knows. They even removed it from S4 for no apparent reason.

9. oldgit

oldgit NI Product Owner

Please tell me it will integrate properly with maschine

10. loopbg

loopbg NI Product Owner

Haven't found info for:
    1) Maschine Integration (as per the Maschine-on-the-record thread)
    2) External FX loop (to use KP3 or Maschine or other external FX processor)
    3) key locked samples

Also, this deck channel merging features sounds like the new Driver will provide some virtual layer. Meaning, we might be able to use it as Soundflower/JACK/VAC

anyone can spot or share something in these topics?

11. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

Depends how you look at it.

These are new to Traktor. Including on the fly loop recording.

I dunno, I think my integration with Maschine is easy and relatively flawless. That's just my experience though. Could it be tighter? Sure. I'm willing to not go on a rant just yet though.

12. dj_dunno

dj_dunno Forum Member

looks nice enough but i'm not too keen about the idea of spending yet more money on Traktor hardware. i'm just hoping i can get away with using the Audio 8. after buying Final Scratch (yes, it was made by Stanton but the software was NI and support was a total joke) then Traktor Scratch, then upgrading to Pro because any new updates/features for the Traktor Scratch software just disappeared, i will be proper annoyed if i now have to buy another soundcard just to use all the features on TP2.

13. DjKurtCocaine

DjKurtCocaine Forum Member

i believe you will be able to use the audio 8, just not the new layering audio and audio thru features.

14. rauljerico

rauljerico NI Product Owner

The TA-10 needs extra power supply ALWAYS! USB, mandatory Power Supply included

15. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

All pricing information is on the product pages right now.

Your Audio 8 is just fine. Absolutely no need to purchase new hardware unless you need the added functionality of the Audio 10.

Karlos

16. pepehouse

pepehouse Account Suspended

Save mate, save. That's what NI wants you to do. :)

17. rauljerico

rauljerico NI Product Owner

The prices:

Attached Files:

• png.png
      png.png
      File size:
      32.3 KB
      Views:
  18. princesultan

princesultan Forum Member

yah, i wonder how necessary the audio 10 will be (as mentioned above). do i want to take the hardware + software upgrade right away, or just the software upgrade, that's the question right now.

19. dj_dunno

dj_dunno Forum Member

so is there any discount for Audio4/8 users to upgrade to the new Audio6/10 or is it just a software thing?
    ---
    lol sorry, just seen.... thanks for the pic

sooo hang on, NI expect people to pay 400 euros for the hardware upgrade? loool

20. princesultan

princesultan Forum Member

did you not see 3 posts above you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.