1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE
NOTICE:

Our Traktor Pro Public Beta is available again in our new online community. Join us if you want to try new features.

MORE INFO

Traktor 2.11.0 Public Beta: Now live.

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Rob van Erp, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Rob van Erp

Rob van Erp NI Product Owner

Yeah ...i love it all ready.......this and the jam will create some mean maschine together...

received this in the mail :

Dear TRAKTOR users,

After the positive response to the 2.10.3 bug fix update and the exciting news that macOS Sierra fixes the long standing audio issues observed by some Mac users, we now plan to release two brand new features for the performing DJ - Ableton Link and the Step Sequencer for Remix Decks.

These features are very easy to use and will add a new dimension to your creative arsenal.

Looking forward to your feedback!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man

HI guys.

After the positive response to the 2.10.3 bug fix update and the exciting news that macOS Sierra fixes the long standing audio issues observed by some Mac users, Native Instruments now plan to release two brand new features for the performing DJ - Ableton Link and the Step Sequencer for Remix Decks.

These features are very easy to use and will add a new dimension to your creative arsenal.

The Traktor 2.11.0 public beta featuring Ableton Link and Step Sequencer are live.
    This is the link to be used for recruiting:

Click here to apply!

Enjoy the new features.

Karlos

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rob van Erp

Rob van Erp NI Product Owner

i am allready :)

this are 5 different songs, loop a beat capture it, put it in a slot , sequence and of you go ...get freaky with the effects, filter and pitch...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man

Yep just wanted to make sure everyone had the recruiting link.

Let us know how you get on with the new features.

Karlos

5. nison79

nison79 New Member

i used ableton link yesterday.everything runs flawlessly.great upgrade to my main set up

• Like Like x 2
  6. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man

Threads merged.

7. Redz0ne

Redz0ne New Member

Also had a play with Ableton link and much fun was had :)

8. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

Now that the F1 mapping is up I had a little bit of fun with it ... A few things not quite right but I'll have a look at it over the weekend.

Might take the iPad tonight and see if I can get iMaschine to sync with Link ...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sean Tessier

Sean Tessier New Member

Did they fix the search bar issue yet? The one where you can't search for BPMs when the search bar is set to all?

EDIT: I manned up and installed it... They still haven't fixed the search bar. It's been since 2.8.1 that the search bar worked properly. Please NI... PLEASE fix this.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  10. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

A few other things that I didn't see in the release notes but are in the "Official Update Status" that Kier updates in the Sticky Threads:

Pioneer DJM-900 NXS2 Scratch Certification
    The Pioneer DJM-900 Nexus 2 is now Scratch Certified and will automatically configure its audio channels when connected.

Allen & Heath PX5 Certification
    The Allen & Heath PX5 is now Scratch Certified and will automatically configure its audio channels when connected.

PX5 Certification so soon is a very good sign of things to come ... Now we just need A&H to release a Xone:92 with a dual soundcard.

EDIT: So I did take my iPad Mini Retina to the gig last night and tethered it and my MacBook to my phone (yes I know I could have made an ad-hoc network but I wanted to test how this would go in the worst connection setting), and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it worked. BPM changes worked but it was very annoying having to use the MasterClock instead of the Auto function that I usually use, hopefully they can change that. Only had to push/pull a few tracks that I could here phase issues but on the whole a good fun experience. Can't wait for the full Maschine to get Link support and then get the new Maschine JAM to go with my Maschine Micro.

They will however need to fix the full screen bug where S8/S5/D2 screens stop working when you change applications though ...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  11. TJ

TJ NI Product Owner

The Sounds great, had no idea! Just read about link in relation to Reason so exciting times! I was coming to ask the forum how the key detection compared to Mixed In Key so has it been improved in the beta?

12. alec.tron

alec.tron Well-Known Member

If it's not explicitly mentioned in the release notes, it's probably safe to assume there's no change...
    c.

13. Sean Tessier

Sean Tessier New Member

I plugged in the beta to the 2000NXS2 setup I have access to and tried em out. Sure enough I needed to update the firmware to get the HID mode to work right. I really really really like the loop size counter on the bottom right now. I no longer have to look at my laptop to see how big my loop size is set to now. The HID mode works as it should and that is good news. But the search bar is more important to my workflow by far... so I won't be using any new update until it's fixed.

14. dj keyzzz

dj keyzzz New Member

Finally managed to get the sequencer working for the F1 even though it seems to only work when you install the mapping for just one deck. I use two F1s in my set and was hoping to have the flexibility to sequence on more than one deck. Overall it's quite buggy at the moment. Hopefully the fix the kinks and allow sequencing on more than 1 deck.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  15. dj keyzzz

dj keyzzz New Member

Ableton Link works well for the most part. I tried running Ableton Live alongside Traktor on the same Macbook via link and it worked well for about 10 minutes until I heard this weird continuous beeping noise from my computer. Had to shut down both softwares to stop the beeping. Also tried linking Traktor with LP-5 app on my iPhone and that worked quite flawlessly for the entire period I used it. Good times to collaborate on sets!

16. nabulaer

nabulaer NI Product Owner

Does the beta work with s5 kontrol ? I tried to install it and could not get step sequance to work on remix deck.

17. frankle

frankle NI Product Owner

Step Sequencer is currently only available to D2, S8 and F1 ... S5 support has been requested in the Beta forum.

18. dj keyzzz

dj keyzzz New Member

The mapping available is for the D2, S8 and F1 so it's probably not going to work for the S5.

19. palawan

palawan New Member

If I want to use the step sequencer WITH remix decks, for example switching from one drum hit to the next, is it possible? so far I haven't been able to 'launch' to a new sample in the same row while another one is in the sequencer. It just jumps back to the first one.

20. zephry

zephry NI Product Owner

What controller are you using?
    I use the S8 and have tried the F1 mapping. I don't like the F1 map because of midi mode and conflicting maps that I have.
    But after watching the tutorial videos for the different hardware/map all the functions including the changing of samples in the row do work.(Although I did not test the F1 for very long before I deleted the map.)
    I'm currently mapping the Midifighter Twister to control the Step sequencer and adding a per step volume and pitch, I have more to go but fingers crossed it will work.
    Not an easy task by the way.

• Like Like x 1