1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Massive X, Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Traktor 2.11 x64 on Windows has issues when scratching with jogwheels

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by Jodi Curtis, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Jodi Curtis

Jodi Curtis New Member

Hi

After updating to a demo version of traktor Pro 2 2.11 on Windows 10 - to check it's functionality and reliability, when trying to scratch with Denon DN-SC2000 there is a large delay in the motion in the software compared with the motion of the wheel, this doesn't happen with 2.10.3, this also causes digital audio artifacts because the phase/latency issue is stopping the software from keeping up.

This is not an Audio interface setup issue, the Audio Interface is NI Komplete Audio 6, reverting to 2.10.3 stops this problem immediately

CPU ASIO load indicator seems to be extremely high while idling too compared to 2.10.3, on a HP Z820 16 core/32 thread workstation with 64GB ram

2. Pierre-Antoine

Pierre-Antoine New Member

Hello Jodi,

Does your post means that traktor Pro 2.10 & Windows 10 is still compatible with the Denon SC 2000 deck controller ?
    I'm willing to buy two of them (2nd hand) if it works for budget reason, and I'm currently running Traktor Pro 2.10 (maybe going for 2.11)

Thank you for your help! I can't find this answer anywhere on the web...

3. Jodi Curtis

Jodi Curtis New Member

Yes it is, the issue was actually due to having pitch correction/key correction on at the same time as trying to scratch, though I haven't re-checked since I figured out the issue, but 2.10.x was definitely OK.

I use different control mappings though (I overload some of the buttons, and improve the FX mapping a bit)

4. Pierre-Antoine

Hi Jodi,

Thank you for your answer it helps me as I can't find any other single deck controller with Jogwheel & pitch control...

Anyway you can send me your mapping so I can compare to the native one ?

Thanks!

5. Jodi Curtis

Jodi Curtis New Member

HI Sure, there's two distinct ones one for the left and one for the right, I drop the loop in/loop out function, and use some combination key presses to remap what the single encoder and nearby buttons to, it might be a little difficult to figure out exactly what they do without playing around.

I also overload the FX so you can select FX and change FX mode, it's all a bit complex. The Loop in Loop out/encoder under certain conditions will allow you to edit the loop length, and toggle the pioneer style loop and return thingy, and edit and adjust most of the inline mixer controls such as key, filter and so on. You can also change the pitch range on the pitch fader by a combination of a shift key and single or combined presses on the buttons just above it.

I've been working on production for a while so I've forgotten the specifics, it probably doubles what you can control compared with the default mapping

It might be a bit frustrating while you explore what they can do, I'm quite proud of them

Attached Files:

6. Pierre-Antoine

Thanks Jodi for this !
    I will probably start testing the controller with the default mapping then switch to yours and try to understand it.
    I'm able to rewrite part of it depending of my need of course ;)

7. Alexmci

Alexmci NI Product Owner

I am running two SC2000's on Windows 10 no problems, if you use two of them for four deck control you need to import the mappings twice, set the midi channels on each sc2000 if your using two I think its channels 5/6 and channels 7/8. Use Channel 1/2 if you only have a single sc2000.
    I actually used the factory tsi and split it in two separate tsi for deck A-C and the other for B-D.
    these things are tremendous for controlling all the transport and effects on traktor, that's what they were made for.
    I am not doing any scratching with them but don't see it being a problem as any jog movement is pretty instant.
    About the clicking and popping when using them, I had this problem with win 7 but win 10 has no such problem for me.
    also make sure you are using usb2 ports and not usb3 as my experience is they are really buggy with usb3

8. Pierre-Antoine

Hum ok good to hear it works well with Win 10.
    But my laptop only provide USB 3.0, do you think using a hub with USB 2.0 on USB 3.0 port to plug the 2 Denon would work?

9. Alexmci

Alexmci NI Product Owner

I honestly don't know how that works going from usb3 to a usb2 hub, it should work I would guess.
    I was lucky as my Vaio F series has a slot for an express card and I bought a powered usb2 express card. I would recommend using a powered hub if you go down that route though. The express card is better if your laptop allows for one.