1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Traktor 3.0.0 & 3.0.1 + Kontrol S2 MK2 duplicating track A to B crash problem

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by pivaz, Oct 31, 2018.

1. pivaz

pivaz NI Product Owner

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 Gb 1600 MHz DDR3, Samsung SSD, macos Sierra 10.12.6
    Traktor Kontrol S2 MK2 (2 decks, not using remix decks and stems) enabled multi-core processor.
    Upgraded to TP3 from TP2. First time worked with TP3 about 9 hours. Everything was good until i load playing track from deck B to deck A using SHIFT+load A buttons on S2 MK2 what caused to crash (was duplicating tracks many times during that session). TP3 was not responding, no sound. I'm very often use copy playing track to empty deck and this operation never causes any trouble with TP2. After this crash I played with TP3 & S2 Mk2 several times about 6 hours each time and all was good. Today again same crash when I load playing track to empty deck, but this time I was using mouse to drag track from playing deck to empty. Usually along with running TP I have several programs opened like: safari, itunes, finder, adobe audition. New device updater for Kontrol S2 MK2 have not bring new firmware (newest is 68 and S2 MK2 have 70 installed).
    Question to NI: why this simple duplicating operation (load playing track to empty deck) causes to crash TP3?
    Anyone have this problem?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  2. Scratch-E Con

Scratch-E Con NI Product Owner

Yep, see the 'Announcing Traktor Pro 3' thread

3. sndrsklr

sndrsklr NI Product Owner

I only gave Traktor Pro 3 a quick test yesterday but duplicating a track on my Z2 didn´t cause any problems at all. Will give it another more thorough test tonight and test this again.

4. Scratch-E Con

9 out of 10 times it works fine. But within 2 weeks it crashed 4 times while doing this.

5. pivaz

pivaz NI Product Owner

What controller or sound card you use?

6. Scratch-E Con

Traktor Z2 with DVS

7. pivaz

pivaz NI Product Owner

Just updated to 3.0.1. Played about 2 hours with duplicating tracks all the time. And again suddenly after duplicating playing track TP3 freezes, no sound, program not responding only force quit. WTF???

8. Salvador @ NI

Salvador @ NI Member

Back up your settings and then delete the current settings. relaunch traktor and try to reproduce the crash. If you can reproduce the crash please submit a crash log.

9. Scratch-E Con

Hi Salvador, looking at my Crashlog directory the latest file is of october 2016.

I also doubt if a log is created because in my recent crashes Traktor completely hangs, I have to kill the process with the Windows Taskmanager.

• Like Like x 1
  10. pivaz

pivaz NI Product Owner

In MacOs also need to terminate. Traktor not responding. At the club I dont have extra time to wait until Traktor will start working again. And in my experience if Traktor not responding in MacOs no matter how long you wait it wont work back, only terminating.
    I found only one log from my last crash
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/teo9uu0wa650e10/Traktor_8A9FE7BD-B0CA-599D-A32D-9F32878CFDE4.plist?dl=0

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  11. pivaz

pivaz NI Product Owner

This weekend same crash

12. lauti

lauti NI Product Owner

This happened to me too, 2 times now in 2 weeks.

My specs:
    MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
    High Sierra 10.13.3
    2,9 GHz Intel Core i5
    8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
    TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2, vinyl timecode.

Briefly:
    Right after I duplicated track B to track A, Traktor Froze (not crashed completely. Traktor still responded somewhat, at least graphically. You couldn't hear anything, load tracks or whatever. But, faders, eq, etc, responded in the interface as I pressed the buttons.). That's why there's no crashlog, And it could only be fixed by forcing shutdown of Traktor.
    Also, soundcard was still working, if I played youtube or whatever, it sounded fine.

I recorded a video showing everything:

13. pivaz

pivaz NI Product Owner

Thanks for making video man! Same freeze, but I cant say about faders buttons and knobs if they was working or not in my situation, because all the time it happens at the club, so I don’t have any second to check Kontrol s2 mk2 and software indicators, I need to force quit program and start again. My guess about how to get crash log is to allow Traktor in settings to send information about using the program. After I turn it on and after next freeze I found a crash log.

14. lauti

lauti NI Product Owner

This is still a thing in 3.0.2

15. Salvador @ NI

Salvador @ NI Member

We are currently still unable to reproduce this crash. If you guys notice a certain file or file type that cause the crash please send it in.

16. Scratch-E Con

Hi Salvador, I will try to enforce it and let you know!

17. Scratch-E Con

Well, I was able to reproduce within 5 minutes BUT when I tried again the second time by doing exactly the same thing it did not crash. So this is a tough one. No crash log, nothing...I'll keep you posted.

18. Scratch-E Con

OK, I sort of managed to reproduce this problem now - sort of, because still sometimes duplicate in this scenario works fine - but I managed to crash Traktor 3 times in 10 minutes by doing this:

- start with Track A no keylock
    - mix Track B with keylock (BPM of track B must be lower than A)
    - set track B as Master
    - duplicate B to A

Setup:
    - Traktor Z2 with DVS
    - Windows 10, i7 with 8GB RAM

NI looking forward to your test results!

19. pivaz

pivaz NI Product Owner

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  20. Scratch-E Con