1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Traktor 3.2 Bugs

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by spiritouk, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiritouk

spiritouk Forum Member

These are a couple of bugs i have found so far with Traktor 3.2

(1) Traktor 3.2 crashes if playing mp3s in decks and changing disk cache size.

(2) Traktor crashes when right clicking on save collection. And random crashes when shutting down traktor (happens whilst traktor is saving the collection).

2. c242

c242 NI Product Owner

The "Live" Button in the Master-Panel has disappeared. Bug or feature ?

3. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

The Live button had no functionality and was a placeholder for "future functions". Those functions (well, 1 to be exact) have been implemented as preference settings so there is no need for that live button anymore.

In short: Feature.

4. c242

c242 NI Product Owner

Ah, okay.

BTW, 1st crash here...Clicking on "Track Collection" left Traktor not responding anymore. I can't even end it with task-manager. Hard reset after waiting 15 minutes...

5. AudioRapture

*c242: Try turning off the "Comment" field.

6. c242

c242 NI Product Owner

Okay, seems to work now...

7. boburtz

boburtz NI Product Owner

I Just updated to 3.2 and now about 95% of my files are "missing". Any way to batch relocate? When I click on relocate, it takes me right to the file, so it knows where it is and it will relocate it, but I don't want to have to right click 9000 some-odd songs to relocate them, and I don't want to lose all of my cue points that I've so painstakingly setup, so I'd rather not delete the whole collection and re-import. Any suggestions?

8. c242

c242 NI Product Owner

Same here... Too bad it is weekend and we are left with this...

9. c242

c242 NI Product Owner

Hm, second load fixed it.

10. rayo

rayo Forum Member

*spiritouk

on my macbook i can not reproduce your bugs

also with the comment field i have no problems , have tested now around 4 hours and find no bug.

11. rayo

rayo Forum Member

ok sorry tested 1 minute ago it also freezes when i press "save" collection

hmmm.....

12. AudioRapture

The "missing files" issue is an elusive one - so far NI isn't able to reproduce it even though I gave them a few reports already.

If you experience this, please do the following:
    1) make a screenshot of the consistency check
    2) make a copy for your T3 log (*not* the crash log) and empty the log file (since it doesn't add time-stamps this is your only way to make sure you only have new entries in there)
    3) Send the screenshot, the copied log file and your collection.nml to support.

This issue is slowly driving me nuts, but so far a second or some times a third start fixes this.

13. spiritouk

spiritouk Forum Member

My crashes are on the pc version. Have spent all evening re-importing my entire music collection and reading the tags. Now to re-analyse the lot.

Take a guess at how long 80,000 tracks is going to take. Am taking bets as to whether it will be rady for a gig tomorrow night.

14. aza

aza NI Product Owner

spent around an hour putting up some loading cues. shut down traktor then restarted it and discovered them all gone. in fact not just load cues all cues
    HELP!

15. boburtz

boburtz NI Product Owner

O.K. Here's what I found. It looks like all of the missing files have track numbers in front of them. It's not locating the files that have the track number. All of the files it locates have no track number. What gives?

16. djk-tel

djk-tel NI Product Owner

I know this sucks......

But take this as a lesson.

The 20+ years I've been working with computers, gear etc....

NEVER update your software, your system OS software, firmware, versioning ANYTHING....when you've got a deadline in front of you.

There's probably a 50% that your updating will introduce:
    new issues, new ways of operating, issues with your old data

Do some research on how others find the new updates and what problems they are running into. (which is what I'm doing now).
    Find out how long it's been out. Then once you've gotten the OK that
    everything should be OK.....then figure out how much down time you can afford if things go Down. Are you experienced enough to get it back? Can you afford 3 days of down time (not getting anything done except trying to fix your machine?) What other risks might be involved.

Beware!!!

17. Vince_Tf

Vince_Tf Forum Member

3.2 working OK for me so far... but just a few tests so far. No problem with the NI Service Center either, although I notice it does not show anything about Traktor 2.x.

spiritouk - do you really need to re-analyze your tracks? With 80,000 that's a huge job. If you are updating from Traktor 3.1 it shouldn't be necessary. Even if you are updating from Traktor 2.x if you have written the data into the MP3 tags Traktor should be able to get the BPM, cue points, comments etc from the MP3 tags without an analysis.

18. spiritouk

spiritouk Forum Member

Traktor is still crashing when saving collection. Happens when right clicking save collection and when shutting down.

19. spacecowgurl

spacecowgurl NI Product Owner

I used the upgrade at a gig last night. Aside from an embarrasing crash and about 5 points early on where I experienced some pretty bad skipping and stuttering, things ended up pretty good.

What I did find out that, for some reasons, running the version and iTunes at the same time is a bad thing. Once I closed iTunes, it helped a lot. I fgured a MacBook with 2 Gig of memory would hav ebeen able to handle it. :)

I'm using it again tonight and will be starting out with nothing else running and will report back. I do like the new features and the overall performance of the upgrade. Beatmixing was almost too easy last night.

Amy

20. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

write the tags in the files (ext. tags & stripe in the prefs), make a backup of your collection.nml and settings.xml files.

delete the collection and the settings and start with a fresh collection. import all your tracks and see if the problem persists. if it is so, please contact NI support!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.