1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Traktor 3.2 Bugs

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by spiritouk, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djfrosty

djfrosty Forum Member

edit: has nothing to do with the thread and is a double post anyways

2. djgoldeneye

djgoldeneye New Member

I updated Traktor saturday... Tested this couple of hours with final scratch 2 (after finding the right settings) and no problems at all! Great work NI!

(installed on macbook)

3. Stejl Mahogni

Stejl Mahogni NI Product Owner

Well, having Traktor running natively on my MacBook is great, but...

Whenever i click on beatport in the sources list, traktor crashes after a few seconds.

Another really strange thing is that i can't assign hotkeys to other keys than the 1-0 numerical keys.

I am running OS X 10.4.8, on a 2Ghz Core Duo MacBook, 2GB Ram. Nothing special installed apart from little snitch (network filter), which i tried disabling, to no avail.

Sorry for any strange spelling or grammar, I'm tired as hell :p

4. Stejl Mahogni

Stejl Mahogni NI Product Owner

By the way, here's the full crash log :)

Attached Files:

5. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

you just have to click twice, but slow, like:
    click ............... click instead of clickclick!

of course this is possible as well, but again using the mouse here is not very convenient for that.

6. DJ Freshfluke

please send this along with your other findings to the NI support, since only their delevopers can decipher the logs!

7. rocdollar

rocdollar NI Product Owner

make sure to include both log files in compressed format when submitting the support form!

8. rocdollar

Bah... I would tell them to use a hotkey or MIDI button instead of more-or-less breaking inline editing.

9. DJ Freshfluke

inline editing is not broken, but slightly different... and although i'm in your boat on the way i wish to have this functionality, i have to accept that there is a LARGE camp who is totally happy about the new prelisten function.

we have to accept this and now as we found out that there are extremely excluding wishes there will be a solution that will make all happy.

10. rocdollar

Fair enough... I think i might be able to get used to the double-click speed. I was just shocked by the way it changed without being in the release notes.

11. djphinesse

djphinesse NI Product Owner

You can import without analyzing. So you can at least search for it. You can analyze when u load a track. Just cue it up mad early. That is what I do. I would take days to analyze my whole collection.

DJ Phinesse

12. ttauri

ttauri NI Product Owner

Dunno if it was in previous versions, but 96khz tracks (AIFFs anyway) display all rippley in the decks (just happened to load some into Traktor today).

Peece,
    T. Tauri

13. nickrb

nickrb New Member

I have no problem with the "saving collection".

I gave this version a 4 hour solid run on final scratch 2. It was solid. No issues yet. Fantastic work NI....

14. aza

aza NI Product Owner

the save collection problem needs to be fixed asap.
    is there a work around for now? looks like i'm not alone.
    just was working on cue points for about an hour for some breaks and it crashed. please native sort it quickly.
    aza

p.s.
    earlier in this thread i thought i solved the problem but no.

15. spiritouk

spiritouk Forum Member

I had to write all my tags and trash the collection then create a new one. This took 3 days (24/7) to complete...note funny for 80,000 tracks. How Native Girl got 4,000 tracks tagged in minutes is beyond me.

16. ay'caramba

ay'caramba NI Product Owner

Aggregated Devices

Don't really know if this is a bug or a feature, anyway this is quite annoying. I guess this is MacOS only:

Since 3.2 Traktor is automatically building an "aggregated device" if you got more than one core-audio device connected. This may be a feature for people wanting to combine the builtin-sound for cueing and an external 2-channel device for master-output (although NI always told us not to do this, due to instability or whatever reason), but I'm using an external 4-channel box just for traktor and I was used that the builtin-sound takes over all sound handling as soon as I disconnect the 4ch-Box. But since 3.2 the new aggregated device takes over until I delete it in the "Audio-MIDI-Configuration" (which took me 20 minutes to find out) or manually select the Built-in Device.

This is really annoying since the "mute" & "volume" keys of all MacBooks, Pros, iBooks and Powerbooks only work with the Built-in Device, and become unusable by Traktor's behaviour if you don't know how to manage your CoreAudio devices.

I don't understand why new features can't be toggled "on" or "off", especially when it's about things like aggregated devices, which -honestly- no professional user ever dares to use with Traktor.

So please make this "feature" somehow switchable, this would be great!!!

Thanks

17. DJ Freshfluke

great. :-/ please send me one of these tracks!

18. DJ Freshfluke

did you write to the support?

19. DJ Freshfluke

?

even if you delete the collection... if the tags were written in the tracks viy rightclick -> write tags and *ext. + stripe* in the preferences turned on - all tags are in the tracks!

of course this will work only with tracks that can keep ID3 tags.

20. DJ Freshfluke

Re: Aggregated Devices

interesting. i forwarded this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.