1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Traktor 3.2 Bugs

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by spiritouk, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PriZm

PriZm NI Product Owner

That really worries me, we are pretty much locked in using this version :(

2. Tony C

Tony C NI Product Owner

I don't know about all of you, but I just have to say this.
    As I am scrolling down and reading about these bugs I'm really sad to see that in this day and age, with the amount of processing power, memory and hard drive space etc...
    A company like Native Instruments can put out a product that has this many bugs and Windows is still as unstable as ever.
    I can only speak for myself.
    I'm playing live in front of hundreds of people every night.Whether it's at a night club, or a wedding at a fancy catering hall. I cannot afford bugs. I use this program at home and I have not had four straight hours of unbuggable use. For now, I'll still carry my 3 back breaking CD cases, it sure is better than the 7 crates of records I used to carry. But my Denon decks have never crashed and until I can say that about Traktor, it's staying home.
    Sadly,
    Tony C.

3. buggles

buggles NI Product Owner

Traktor has a problem with low MIDI notes - they come up as ??? on the midi page in prefs

4. beeznutz

beeznutz Forum Member

yep! crashing after saving collection.....

i've sent an email for support along with crash log so let's hope
    this will get fixed......soon.

5. PriZm

PriZm NI Product Owner

My issue has been confirmed by support as a bug.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

6. rocdollar

rocdollar NI Product Owner

Still no saving of the 'export printable' settings.

i.e. which columns you want in your tracklist. Annoying having to check/uncheck the same ones each time you do an export.

Also, still a nasty shutdown bug sometimes. Makes you lose all unsaved session data, including history, playlist, collection edits etc. Very inconvenient at times!

7. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

Tony, while I think your comments are partially valid, I've got to ask, what specific bugs are worrying and/or bothering you? Personally, I play a great deal of high end weddings and 500-600 person events and I've been using Traktor since version 2. In terms of crashes, I've maybe had 2...EVER. Since version 3, I've not had one (even when using T3 under Rosetta on my MacBook). As for 3.2, there are a couple of small bugs, but by and large Traktor is completely awesome. It's fast, it's stable, and it gives me FAR more capabilities than I could have with CDs (or than I could even feasibly use). I now trust Traktor as much as any piece of hardware that I've owned.

Also, I think it's interesting that you think your Denon's are so bulletproof. I had a Denon S3000 for a while and I saw CD read errors on it when doing quick moves on a track on more than one occasion. I guess I have to wonder how that's different than a bug in software.

I'll tell you, if I've learned one thing in more than 10 years of DJing it's this: if you rely on what other people say about DJ equipment, you're probably going to be seriously disappointed (I could give you numerous examples here). That seems to be exactly what you're doing now...you're reading what other people say and letting that prevent you from having your own experience with the product. First, you need to ask yourself, "are these even bugs that are going to affect me in my use"? Moreover, try the program and see if the bugs are even reproducible in your configuration. Also, some of the things in this thread really aren't even bugs, they're just things that work differently and/or not the way that people want.

All told, I think you're basing your opinion on incomplete facts. If you want to do that, it's your call. Keep lugging those CDs and CD players around. However I know that I left my CDs at home probably 8 years ago and I couldn't be happier...

8. spear

spear NI Product Owner

I know it's a bit late but if you disable "consistency check on start up" option in preferences it cures this problem

9. Notecrusher

Notecrusher NI Product Owner

i see multiple reports here of traktor crashing when saving the collection, problems importing collections from previous versions and stuttering. those are not small bugs they are very serious bugs. as to your comments regarding relying on others' experiences i disagree completely. i read these forums precisely to learn what experiences those who are brave enough to upgrade have with new versions. this has served me extremely well over the years with software in general, NI products in particular.

10. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

Personally, you strike me as a "glass half empty" type of person. Let me ask you, what version of Traktor do you run? Actually, it doesn't even matter, because I can guarantee you that whatever version you're using, there are posts here about how that version has what you would call "serious" bugs. Even 2.5.3, regarded by many to be one of the most stable versions of Traktor had (and still has) a number of significant bugs (a good example is the stuttering you mention--I had it in 2.5.3 and 2.6, but have NEVER experienced it since 3.0). Moreover, the thing that escapes many people (perhaps you) is the fact that those who are posting here are the ones that are experiencing problems. Those who have no problems are much less vocal. I've been here a long time (just look at the number of posts that I have) and I've certainly seen a LOT more activity post update than with 3.2. In fact, I would venture to say that I've seen less activity after this update than any other before it.

But, in the end, I really don't care one way or another. If you want to take your advice from what others say here, that's fine. That's what the boards are here for right? All I'm saying is that my experience with 3.2 has been nothing but excellent. It is, without a doubt, my favorite version of Traktor ever. And, although YMMV, I do think you're missing out if you don't even give it a test run because you base your opinion on a few negative reports in this thread...

11. Tony C

Tony C NI Product Owner

It has been removed. I wrote NI and they told me it was removed. The prior function of the Live button was to prohibit certain actions when playing "Live" Such as shutting down Traktor by mistake etc..

12. Tony C

Tony C NI Product Owner

Dear George,
    With all due respect. I have been in this business for over 25 years. I've seen alot and I only use the best. I've been using traktor since it's early days and have grown up with all of it's updates and fixes etc... and how you have come to the conclusion that my opinion is based on the opinions of others is beyond me. But obviously this is a pretty long freakin' thread and I have experienced alot of the same bugs as my fellow peers. Now, I'm running this program on a PC and perhaps you are running it on a Mac and getting better results. I am starting to see that the Mac is the better way to go. Part of the reason why I stated what I stated in my first post was also based on the fact that about a month and a half ago, I did some spinning at a club called Posh Ultralounge in Garden City NY and I was spinning alongside DJ Scribbles. He was running Serato with final scratch on a Mac and the program ran flawlessly and when I got my chance to begin banging away the program was just going with the flow.
    I cannot, however, say that about this program. Sorry to hurt your feelings, but I demand perfection and it is quite obvious by the numerous posts that are left here by my most esteemed peers, that this program still needs some major refinement.
    Until then my high End Denon DN-D9000 has my trust and admiration as well as my 3 Crown Amps, My EAW & EV Speakers, MY Rane Knob Mixer, dbx Driverack Processor, Technics 1200s, My four Martin Mac 250+ and Leviton MLC128R Intelligent Light Controller.
    Why ?
    Because they don't crash.

Best Regards,

DJ Tony C

http://www.djtonyc.com

13. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

Tony, no hurt feelings here. Like I said, it doesn't affect me one way or the other what you use to DJ. However, if you really think that SSL is "perfection" (or that any other DJ software has reached that level) I think you're sadly mistaken. Now, maybe part of the problem here comes from the fact that you might be running FS. If that's what you're talking about then I can certainly understand where you're coming from (personally, I returned FS about a week after I bought it). However, as far as Traktor is concerned, I still stand by my sentiment that 3.2 is the best version of Traktor yet.

Believe me, I'm completely with you as far as using only the best is concerned--I've got EVs and Turbosounds for my speakers and HES for my lighting (BTW, I couldn't agree with you LESS as far as Martin is concerned...I've got 4 918 Pros that are COMPLETE PIECES OF JUNK which sit in my garage). By the same token, I've owned two XONE:02 mixers which turned out to be complete crap...and they're regarded VERY highly as far as quality is concerned.

In the end, all I'm saying is, if you haven't tried 3.2 do yourself a favor--download it and try it out. If you've already tried it and you're having problems, then report it here and use what works for you instead.

14. powermixx

powermixx NI Product Owner

Can you really do that - Run Serato software using the FS2 ScratchAmp as the soundcard?
    --
    Regards,
    DJ Bobby Steele
    http://www.FunToDance.com

Hardware:
    Apple Dual 2.5 GHz PowerPC G5
    512 MB DDR SDRAM
    External LaCie 250GB Hard-drive
    Stanton FinalScratch 2.0 ScratchAmp

Software:
    Mac OS 10.4.8
    Traktor 3.2.0.085
    iTunes 7.0.2

DJ Gear:
    (1) Pioneer DJM-909 Mixer
    (2) Pioneer CDJ-1000 MK II CD Players

15. gmint

gmint NI Product Owner

Not sure how you got that out of his post... I don't think it is possible. I've seen Scribble and he runs a standard SSL setup.

16. powermixx

powermixx NI Product Owner

Well even if you can run Serato with FS as the soundcard, I wouldn't jump ship to Serato. Serato does NOT read any AAC files - therefore, no good for me. My library is 90% AAC. But I was just curious. ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.