1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Traktor 3.2 can't see the list of suitable key tracks when LINK or EXT is enabled(Video+Photo)

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by PVR forum, Jul 3, 2019.

1. PVR forum

PVR forum New Member

If I use LINK or EXT, the program does not allow me to choose the deck for the master channel, so I can not see the list of tracks for harmonious information. Video and photo attached.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  2. Sussudio

Sussudio NI Product Owner

See the threads about the very painful implementation of Ableton Link in Traktor. When enabling link, it automatically switches the Master away from your Deck A to the Master Clock. One of the members here said you could still force the Master back to Deck A by using the Shift + Sync buttons on your controller. I did not test this yet.

3. PVR forum

PVR forum New Member

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. I tried to do it now. I cannot use the new function in conjunction with the link function.:(

4. Sussudio

I also just tested the shift+sync function myself. Indeed: this does not force the Master backs to the deck. It only sets the Master Clock to the same BPM as the deck you pressed shift+sync on (on the keyboard this function is by default mapped to shift+U and shift+J).
    This does not help you with the colored key codes.

Native Instruments should just fix the Ableton Link implementation to allow the decks to be the Master (preferably with Auto-Master)

• Like Like x 1
  5. PVR forum

PVR forum New Member

I received this answer from a support service:
    Hello,

This is expected behavior I believe, as Ableton Link becomes the Master clock which inherently can change the pitch as well unless the Key Lock function is turned on per deck.

That said, you should still be able to harmonically match by changing the harmonic key as shown below.
    [​IMG]

6. Caleb Grayson

Caleb Grayson NI Product Owner

this would solve all the problems.

i wonder if it’s against the LINK protocol to do it? like you don’t want it to happen necessarily. i mean there’s got to be a reason they didn’t allow it. like it messes up everyone else if you’re performing live in a group.

but if you’re solo and just want to link a bunch of devices and have them follow Traktor, then it is a must. useless without.

LINK an even worse implementation on Serato.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sussudio

One of the features of Ableton Link is : "And anyone can adjust the tempo and the rest will follow. "
    On Traktor there is no easy way to change the tempo when you are in a live set. So i think this is a violation of the Ableton Link protocol.
    It should at least be an option to set a Deck as Master, after syncing the deck with Abelton Link so any tempo adjestments won't be abrupt for the other devices that joined.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PVR forum

PVR forum New Member

I fully agree with you, I am sure they must do it! Also I added video with this problem.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  9. Mark Anthony Molina

Mark Anthony Molina New Member

Any update on this? Seems like a feature that wasn't thought out well enough...