1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Traktor 3.2 Update in Betatest

Discussion in 'General DJ Forum' started by Friedemann @ NI, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Friedemann @ NI

Friedemann @ NI NI Team NI Team

We realize that we are 3 weeks behind our scheduled release date. Many of you are waiting since early this year for the MacTel version of Traktor 3. We are happy to be able to say that the waiting will be rewarded by a powerful set of new features and long awaited improvements and fixes. Most important: a considerably increased reliability. The MacTel version is in betatest since the beginning of this week and the testers are very positively impressed by low latencies and stability. The Beatport 3 Inline Store is currently being tested as well - ready to go live with many new features with the release of Traktor 3.2

Release is scheduled for in about 3 weeks leaving us 2 more weeks to iron out the last issues and make real world tests on MacIntel machines.

Testers mostly praise:
    * Synchronized copying of a playing track from one deck to another
    * Full track caching, meaning that hot cues are really instant. Beat jumps of any size are seamless and don't loose sync. Navigating the stripe in snap mode sounds like remixing the track.
    * Return of the Pitch Fader with an 8% range.

These are by far not all features that are currently being tested.

Only two more weekends without Traktor 3.2 UB - the waiting will be over soon. PC and Power PC users will obviously get the new features as well

Thank you very much for the patience you have had.

Friedemann Becker
    Senior Product Manager | DJ Division
    NATIVE INSTRUMENTS

2. djdrixx

djdrixx NI Product Owner

Sweet news:)

3. pfokus

pfokus NI Product Owner

Re: Traktor 3.2 Update in Betatest - Will FS work?

This is terrific news!! I am very excited. It seems like most peoples patience will pay off soon.

Will Final Scratch be supported with this release?

pfokus...
    ...on the music

4. Dj Hobbes

Dj Hobbes NI Product Owner

Re: Traktor 3.2 Update in Betatest - Will FS work?

Yes, FS compatability is still part of the Traktor software.

Hobbes

5. pfokus

pfokus NI Product Owner

This is very good news. I have been running TDJS 3 with FS 2 on my macbook pro via bootcamp and am rapidly running out of disk space as I made the boot camp partition to large. Since I am not spinning for a month I should be able to repartition back to 1 parition through bootcamp and go with TDJS 3.X as soon as it gets released in a couple weeks.

pfokus...
    ...on the tunes

6. tintingari

tintingari NI Product Owner

Thank you for this VERY GOOD news. Only one more gig without my own laptop - and if the features are as good as you promise i really think waiting was worth it.
    Even the return to a pitch slider is one of the most important steps back in the layout that i´m really happy about...
    Hope to see the results soon ;-)

7. chewy_Tf

chewy_Tf Forum Member

This is fantastic news, thank you ever so much. So glad that the pitch slider is back.

~chewy

8. boysteve

boysteve NI Product Owner

What's mentioned sounds great and will be much appreciated. I think I'm not alone, though, in hoping that nmx and mix recording issues have been addressed. It's literally the difference between my using T3 and my using T2.5.3 or giving Torq a try.

9. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

Ever the light of reason balance and ponies. ;-)

Its being worked on. I have not yet begun testing it, but will be next week.

Phil

10. djdood

djdood NI Product Owner

Very much looking forward to this new patch.

T3 ran like a champ for me during my Halloween event (6+ hours), but more stability is never a bad thing.

11. djtedatlanta@hotmail.com

djtedatlanta@hotmail.com NI Product Owner

Phil
    I have noticed you said you use a m-audio 410 sound card. do you know if to will allow you to read time code with the new traktor. Do yo know what sound card will allow time code to be read?

12. mal1ce

mal1ce NI Product Owner

What about the loop counter....has it been added back, or is it still missing?

13. PhilL

complete supported soundcard list for timecode
    410 and all others = No
    SA2 = Yes
    ===================================

Its not an all new Traktor. Its an excellent improvement over the current version.

Phil

14. PhilL

loop counter = not present.

15. pfokus

pfokus NI Product Owner

What is SA2, Scratch Amp 2? If so that makes sense.

I have a feeling after reading NI's posts about their partnership with Stanton ending this year that they are going to develop something on their own for the DJ. I really wish I worked for NI sometimes so I could know what was coming.

16. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Thanks for the update!

Patiently awaiting 3.2.... :D

17. PhilL

No comment, and don't we all ;)

Phil

18. Vince_Tf

Vince_Tf Forum Member

Full track buffering sounds good. But I bet that will eat up a lot of ram memory. Time to get some new chips.

19. boysteve

boysteve NI Product Owner

I don't see why it would, unless you're using wav files. Average 320K mp3 I have is about 20MB. Even with 4 decks going that's rarely going to run more than 100MB.

Of course, these may be famous last words....

20. PhilL

Except the track in memory is stored as PCM so that it can be copied into the sound driver buffer with lowest possible latency. recompute accordingly...;-)

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.