1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Traktor 3.2 Update in Betatest

Discussion in 'General DJ Forum' started by Friedemann @ NI, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

I think we are OK, if people want to expand this discussion then yes we should and I will move the messages. I don't give too much initial preference to FS2 or Traktor type user first. I look for my other criteria first then see what mode they run in, then make the determination who to talk to.

Phil

2. djtedatlanta@hotmail.com

djtedatlanta@hotmail.com NI Product Owner

did the second heat of beta testing start?

3. PhilL

Yes, and the third.

Phil

4. rocdollar

rocdollar NI Product Owner

This patch is going to revolutionise snap mode and make it what it should have always been. Massive respect to the beta testers and developers.

5. djtedatlanta@hotmail.com

djtedatlanta@hotmail.com NI Product Owner

I thought I was going to be in betatest heat two what do I need to do to get the download

6. PhilL

When a place opens up in the pool for you to test you'll be notified. All current positions are allocated and active.

Phil

7. pfokus

pfokus NI Product Owner

Phil,

Let me know as well. I was on the original list but never received a follow up and am still willing to help.

Thanks,

pfokus

8. dj_huck

dj_huck NI Product Owner

if you guys want to beta test something buy kore :)
    j/k sorta. anyway i am actually excited about this product drop, i am a little sad that fs 2 is going to be dropped, stanton is not a software company. but it this release is good then i will be covered for a looooong time anyway.
    keep up the good work guys
    shane

9. spiritouk

spiritouk Forum Member

Agree with you DJ Huck, this thread has turned into a beta tester please please please thread.

Look in the latest enews section on stantons site, they have something on the way for FS2.

If you posters read the thread properly they were told you would be contacted if more were needed. Besides that, having been a beta tester before for other programs I would mention a note of caution. Beta software can and often does wreck important saved files (how much are your mp3's worth) Only beta test if you have a spare machine that doesn't matter if things gets screwed and dont use the one you rely on for your gigs....

10. PhilL

I would be too, if that were the case. FS2 Support will continue in Traktor for the foreseeable future, there is ad-nauseum discussion on that elsewhere here. Stanton are now on the hook to support their product. They have said they will, Though I'm not aware anything other than words at this point. I hope a repeat of the FS1 - FS2 debarcle is not in the offing here.

Anyways back to Betatest stuff. Win32 and MacTel FS2 users appear to be smiling. nuff said for now... [Edited By Phil]

Phil

11. spiritouk

spiritouk Forum Member

Phil just a quickie, but stating 9 days isnt that a very definete and dangerous statement, assuming no problems are found. How can a betatesting stage produce a definate date for release when the idea is to test for faults.

If problems crop up will they definetely be fixed in the 9 days or will it be released anyway and we have to put up with it until yet another update. Or is it that this release breaks the mould and is so stable with no bugs and that betatesters cant find a single fault? I wonder :)

Sorry to be a bit pesimistic but N.I.s track record to date has been a little less than confidence boosting.

12. PhilL

Yeah thats a good point, My answer was a count up, not down. I edited my message because I was inaccurately showing time in test so far not the actual time remaining and the number wasn't correct. Its better to not comment as you pointed out. Apologies on two counts, 1/ for the inaccurate info. 2/ for the confusion created by the info.

Phil

13. nem0nic

nem0nic Forum Member

FS2 is NOT being dropped.

That is all... for now.

14. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Could we see a screenshot of 3.2?

15. PhilL

Not at this point but perhaps closer to release date something but I make no promises.

Phil

16. rocdollar

Boooh Hisss!!! ;D

17. PhilL

Being the smart alecky little barstid that I am, I was gonna post a 30pixel X 30pixel pic of Deck A's background, but thought I would be rewarded with a right-hefty-b!tch-slapping and probably rightly so... but decided I need to be able to see out both eyes for the next couple of weeks or so, so I could test. So, I decided not to. ;)
    How about a rabbit with a pancake on its head instead?

Phil

18. rocdollar

pmsl!! Deck background? What you talkin 'bout WIllis?

19. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

eh emmmm, screenshot.... :p

NI wouldn't get mad about a screenshot being put up on here would they?

Sheeeet, I had pictures of the MS Zune months ago and it's only coming out tomorrow.

I know, I'm being an ass now, sorry... ;)

20. DJ Curly

DJ Curly Forum Member

@ Phil
    Ok, what´s about that rabbit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.