1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Traktor 3.2.x Buglist

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by PhilL, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluffy Club

Fluffy Club NI Product Owner

My sleepless nights - and days too

does someone has an answer or hint - opportunity
    My Traktor latest Version 3.2.2 after all fresh installed, temp. no collection lined up, gives me since a few month a crash message "MEMORY COULD NOT BE READ" Application will quit now.
    I´ve tried everything, every switch, every configuration down to the basic system, ´nother soundcard.
    I play only with wav Files, so no encoding errors possible.
    I actually never had a prob with my Traktor b4, down to version 2.xx - ich könnte kotzen :-0
    I´ve added an m-audio xsession pro (Midi Mixer) recently but the error occurs with or without the mixer attached.

has somebody simillar effects?
    :confused:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  2. boysteve

boysteve NI Product Owner

You'll have much better luck if you post in a thread that has something to do with your problem, or start a new one, and if you post your specs.

3. Max Livingstone

Max Livingstone NI Product Owner

contact support and send them your crash log.

4. Fluffy Club

Fluffy Club NI Product Owner

support -crash log

@ holperik: thx for this hint, but I had a call last week to the Berlin based TechnicalSupport-DJ Line with some helpfull tips but no results with that. I think about to set up a complete new OS to play with and another one to have my other stuff on.
    Is a shitload of work but what else to do?:S

@ boysteve: good idea too, but my thoughts where the ability to reproduce this failure, so for me it became a bug, but you´re right.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  5. pablomedok

pablomedok New Member

• When I use Traktor3 with internal soundcard in DirectSound mode (for example to prelisten a track or to use beatport, when my main Firewire interface is left at home) - and you switch to DS input sound from ASIO - Traktor starts to use nearly 100% :eek: of CPU! The only solution is to restart the PC because even hard to move mouse cursor. I know about ASIO4all, but i don't like it much...

• After saving hotkeys to a .tks file and then importing them back or to another machine the Auto repeat check box is set but is not really working. so one has to set off and then on again manually in all commands to make it work.

• Page #1, 2, 3, 4 for both MIDI and keyboard have only hold setting (I need to hold the button to use commands from page 2). we need a trigger setting, too

• NumPad keys do not understand Ctrl, Alt, and Shift modifiers. T3 only show Num1 or End (if with shift), with alt and ctrl it shows Num1. So you cant make Shift+Num1 or Alt+Num1. I should note, that not all notebooks have separate numpad buttons, but if they do, it is very useful because: 1) Numkeys are situated straight one under another and could be used for BeatJumps, EQ faders and many other applications. 2) Numkeys are additional 16 keys x 8 modifier state combinations = up to 128 additional commands. 3) Numkeys are marked with arrows which is more intuitive.

• Numkeys: NumLock, . and Enter are learned as "?"

• NumPad Enter acts the same as Normal enter (may be it is)

By the way, in hotkeys you have decks A, B, C, D and Focused, why not making Opposite which means B if A is in focus (and vice versa A if B focused), and D if deck C is in focused (and vice versa D if C focused). This is good for making for example Num8 for PitchBend up, Num2 for Bend Down for focused deck and Ctrl+Num8 and Ctrl+Num2 respectively for opposite deck.

You can also set something for Mouse Button 3 (wheel button)

One more thing I think you should fix is manual - there should be a list of all hotkey commands with their discription. Just to know, for example, what is the difference beween "Deck Time Stretch On" and "Deck Time Stretch Match" or "Deck Tempo Up/Down" and "Deck Tempo"

6. treetops

treetops Forum Member

traktor support is crap

i have a similar issue when having 2 midi controlers connected. Traktor support is crap or just dosent care. Good luck with that fluffy.

7. ttauri

ttauri NI Product Owner

Not a bug, but the grammar could use some double-checking. ;)

Peece,
    T. Tauri

Attached Files:

8. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

what's wrong with that sentence?

9. Honeymonster

Honeymonster Forum Member

Should be successfully :D

10. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

lol, yeah of course... i was only looking for the spelling.
    muha, my bad!

11. iamliamiam@mac.com

iamliamiam@mac.com New Member

well it is very unstable - could sort that out i guess. it'd be nice to be able to use it at a part with out it crashing every 5 records.

Also, VCI does not remember fader/dial settings in 3.2.2 - strange cos it does in the bundled LE - making it a chore to DJ with (when it isn't crashes - of course). You always have to remember Ts3 has reset every fader/dial you have adjusted every time you load a track.

12. AtmoZDeluxe

AtmoZDeluxe New Member

thnxxxx

you thnx is checke mate :)

13. AtmoZDeluxe

AtmoZDeluxe New Member

thnxxxx

thnx mate is chech :)

14. Dj Vi-Yano

Dj Vi-Yano Forum Member

VCI-100 Loop Configuration

Hi,

I think you have done a great work configuring effects (work really well), equalization and the majority of the controls in VCI-100. However, it's a shame the way loop section works. I think that VCI-100 loop control must be improved in Traktor 3.3, as is a very limiting factor when using VCI together with Traktor 3.2.

A possible solution, in order to select loop with more accuracy, would be the use of jog wheels in order to move loops and change loop length as in Pioneer CDJ1000. For instance, SW9 + Jog Wheel (A/B) could change loop length and SW10 + Jog Wheel (A/B) could move selected loop. It would be great to move loops using VCI as precisely as when using "cont" option in Traktor, and to change loop length as when using "fine" option in Traktor. I have tried to do it myself using MIDI learning but is impossible.

Thank you in advance.

15. Dj Vi-Yano

Dj Vi-Yano Forum Member

Hi,

In adittion to improvements in VCI-100 Traktor control, I would like to use jog wheels to navigate in the playlist, cause we have really long playlists and is quite difficult to go forwards/backwards using Up/Down Buttons.

I think that CUE REC/PLAY option to record and play different CUE points using VCI might be added.

Any other suggestions in this issue?

16. boysteve

boysteve NI Product Owner

That's terrific, but this is a buglist thread. There's a wishlist thread elsewhere.

17. Dj Vi-Yano

Dj Vi-Yano Forum Member

Hi,

I think they way loop section works is a bug, not a wish:eek: ... I am only proposing possible alternatives to improve VCI MIDI configuration. Traktor 3 LE is the VCI bundled software, but DjDecks, for instance, has made a bigger effort to get efficient MIDI control. Bug? Whises?

However, I will find wishlist thread to paste my wishes!;)

Bye.

18. aworksinc@aol.com

aworksinc@aol.com NI Product Owner

3.2.2 issues

I'm on a G5 PowerPC.. lots of memory yet

1. I still have GUI freezes when I load a song.
    2. Have audio glitches when clicking thru Playlists(seems to happen the first time I click on a new list for each session)
    3. NMX doesn't work as advertized. Loading a mix and hitting play should play the mix. Period. It frequently give me a blank message window and freezes.
    4. Deleting a song from the "Collection" should delete it from ALL playlists... doesn't seem to behave that way.
    5. Can't delete a song from a playlist while it is loaded..

Better file management....
    Look.. it DOES work the way you have it now... but moving files and info between different computers is sill nightmarish.

I had my music collection as well as Traktor playlists on an external drive. I moved EVERYTHING to an internal drive, started Traktor, told it where the new collection and plays lists files were, and told it were the new music collection folders were. Except for the drive, nothing else was changed. Even after starting and stopping the application, it still couldn't fine some tracks, and it STILL had to re-analyse hundreds more.

There should be a way to make this EASY. ALL data collected and analyzed by Traktor should be in one place, if not one file. Moving music collections, playlists, mix histories.... all should be possible without having to re-analyze tracks.

19. badibeat

badibeat NI Product Owner

Stripes are not deleted if a track is deleted from the collection (in Traktor 3.2.2.0.20). The only practicable way to get rid of outdated stripes i know about is to delete the Stripes directory and have Tractor rebuild it, which takes several days in my case.

20. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

@Badibeat, Thanks for the info, I was cleaning up my collection last night and noticed the same thing. I added your Traktor version info to the bug report I filed as well.

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.