1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Traktor 3.2.x Buglist

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by PhilL, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. native tool

native tool NI Product Owner

looping hotkeys

i think this was mentioned at the start,, hope this posting highlights the importance for loopy users to get it sorted!

just got traktor 3.2.2 hoping it would fix this annoying looping issue im finding in traktor 3.

on 2.x i had really top looping system set up via the hotkeys (on my keyboard) loop active, loop end, loop length decrease & increase etc used to great effect to very quickly punch in a loop (at whatevr size i choose), then easily move the loop forward or backwards by that same loop size, ie.. simple stuff really.

i could use loop decrease it take it right down to a nano blip loop etc etc. great ..

there seems to be a bug in T3:

i can select the loop as before (eg 4 bars) but 'move loop forward & backward' seem to be effected by the loop buttons up top.. which throws everything out.. Also 'decrease loop size' simply wont work sometimes.. only increase.... unless you press the button up top,, then it works.. but the main thing is that the functionality just aint there like it was in T2.x .. and i for one cant use T3 at the moment as well as i used T2 __ the looping and mashing was a big part of my dj sets! :)

HELP!

2. djneural

djneural NI Product Owner

Still unusable with Audio 8 on PowerBook

Traktor 3.2.2 is unusable on a PowerBook G4 @ 1.5Ghz with 1.5GB of RAM when connected on the Audio 8 interface which comes with Traktor Scratch.

Even the user interface and preferences are very slow and respond with several seconds of delay. The sound card eventually stops producing sound after a few minutes of playback, especialy if I use FX, until I restart the whole thing.

I'm using Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.10, Traktor 3.2.2, the system software and Traktor are freshly installed. Traktor is set to 14ms of delay with the lowest quality time stretching. I also tried all the possibilities for RAM cache settings.

It gets significantly slower (almost hung) when I set it in Internal mixer mode on the output settings and enabling key also makes it way slower and produces sound glitches.

When using my built-in sound card, the performance is reasonable but not ideal.

I also tried it on my Dual G5 (2.0Ghz) with 2GB of RAM. I would say this should be the minimum cofiguration recommended by NI, considering even this Mac sometimes get slow on Traktor, especially when loading songs on decks while key is locked.

I don't know about Intel Macs but it looks like the PowerPC's days are counted for DJs who use Macs.

I had to cancel some plans because of that, I thought I would be able to use Traktor with the Audio 8 I brought with me, but it appears I can't. I was sure it was working well on this PowerBook because I had bought T3 for it and it used to work fine on it.

Should I expect any improvements? Or should I start saving money for a MacBook Pro?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  3. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

I would start saving money.

It's not what people want to hear (both customers and NI, ironically), but I think it's the most realistic approach.

4. scrambled_egg81

scrambled_egg81 NI Product Owner

If it hasn't been posted already, improve the playlist function-I get more alerts telling me I can't delete a playlist track because it's loaded on a deck when in fact it isn't.

5. DJ James Lake

DJ James Lake NI Product Owner

Check it isnt loaded in the preview deck or this will happen. Catches me out on the odd occasion

6. dj_smex

dj_smex NI Product Owner

Not sure if this has already been covered, so appologies in advance.

I noticed when using the Write file tag option from track collection, it don't write the BPM value to the mp3 tag if not a whole number and it appears that the writing doesn't occure until closing the T3 session.

Has anyone else noticed this?

7. AudioRapture

What tag are you looking at, specifically? AFAIK T3 does write the BPM value. T3 can only write a file that is unloaded (not in any deck or the preview player).

8. dj_smex

dj_smex NI Product Owner

I'm writing to mp3 tags and its the bpm value in question, it seems that if the tracks bpm value is not a whole number IE 123.123, no bpm value is wrote where as if the bpm value is a whole number IE 123.000, the value 123 is wrote to the tag.

I will do more tests on this and ensure that no tracks are loaded to any deck. I will try both writing tags from a single track as well as complete playlists and get back with my findings.

I'm using Windows XP PC to test this on T3.2.2, the mp3 files are on an external USB drive.

9. AudioRapture

AFAIK there are 2 tags - BPM and fBPM. T3 does *not* write BPM unless the accuracy for Traktor's analyzed bpm value is at 100% (that typically means you set a beatgrid, but you can manually set the accuracy to 100% without setting a grid). It should always store the analyzed value in fBPM, though.

10. dj_smex

dj_smex NI Product Owner

fbpm? I've not seen this in the mp3 tags, however, interesting to learn T3 only writes to bpm tag if = 100% analysed.

In my tests, (regardless of analysed %), when the bpm was a whole number it was wrote but when not a whole number no value was wrote.

I tested this on the same track by first ensuring the mp3 file in question had no bpm value set then set the bpm in T3 to a fraction IE 95.5 and tried writing to mp3 tag. This didn't insert a value. However, when setting the same tracks bpm to 95 in T3, the write tag worked.

In light of your feedback regarding the analysed % and writing bpm tag values, I will go back and check this. As it may not be a bug as much as my lack of understanding the write tag function in T3.

11. dj_smex

dj_smex NI Product Owner

Yes, I can confirm this is not a bug, as what happens is:
    - If the analysed value is less-than 100%, no value is wrote to the tag unless it's a whole number.
    - Where as if the analysed value is 100%, the rounded bpm value is wrote to the tag.
    As for the fbpm value in mp3 tags, what software will show me this value?

thanks for helping me understand this process.

12. AudioRapture

MP3Tag (PC, freeware) should display that tag with the "View - Extended Tags" function.

13. ProDJC

ProDJC Forum Member

I have been using T3 W/Audio8 DJ for a month in the club with no probs. 2night when I was mixing - The song I was mixing into went apesh@t. It played really fast (about 192 BPMs) :( and I couldn't stop it no matter what I did to the internal Xone 92 mixer. I mixed into a CD and finally stopped it. It (T3) performed fine the rest of the night. :S

14. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

@ProDJC:
    Please make sure you report this to support so we get it covered in the upcoming driver update. Please let me know too, was this under Windows or OSX? Were you on batteries or AC I'm assuming AC.

If you should encounter such a problem in future as a way to debug what has happened please first try resetting the sample rate in Audio settings. If that does not help please then unplug the A8 and plug it back in again after waiting 5-10seconds then see what happens. if that fails try closing then reopening Traktor. Let me know your results when you try these debugging steps. If other have seen this please let me know too.

Thanks,
    Phil

15. ProDJC

ProDJC Forum Member

It was under OSX. :p I was running on AC. Actually the pitch bend button was depressed and wouldnt let go when the track was goin crazy. I was mixing at home a few days ago and on deck B the track went backwards into the red - instead of going forward.

16. DJ James Lake

DJ James Lake NI Product Owner

I had something similar to this a while ago and it turned out it was a hotkey that was set by mistake to deck wind forward. It maybe that you had a hotkey mess up.

17. ProDJC

ProDJC Forum Member

NO....not a hotkey...a bug...:|

18. PhilL

PhilL Moderator Moderator

Did you press the Pitch bend button and then it got stuck down?, or did it just go active by itself?

Phil

19. ProDJC

ProDJC Forum Member

Well...I always use the pitchbend buttons when I beatmix and wierd thing was the slower/back pitchbend button was pressed and the track went faster [superfast] (just the opposite). :S

20. noeluk

noeluk Forum Member

Hi there
    I have a rather annoying bug that only seems to happen when I'm playing live. It happened while playing at Glastonbury and at a gig last weekend.

At Glastonbury, T3 kept crashing - audio stops and GUI freezes - randomly when I loaded tracks into decks.

This weekend, T3 crashed when ever the smoke machine was fired.

It seems to not be happy when surrounded by other electrical equipment and relays.

I had to quit trying with my beloved Traktor and switch to other crappy software. Anyone have any advice for how I could tweak my settings?

Everything seemed to be fine until I dloaded the version of the software that removed FS2, and loaded T Scratch onto my Powerbook. Could these things be related?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.