1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Traktor 3.3.1 realtime optimization discussion

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by djfitty, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huff

Huff Forum Member

I made the move to a Mac and Traktor runs like an absolute dream now!

2. S1L1C0N

S1L1C0N Forum Member

BINGO. Welcome, enjoy the purple koolaid!

3. ProDJC

ProDJC Forum Member

ahhh....the magical and mysterious powers of an Apple.....absolutely amazing! :cool:

4. djfitty

djfitty Forum Member

Traktor 3.3.1. froze suddenly with no audio on me again. After all the tweaks it does not freeze on the song load ups. This is not a computer problem. This freeze with no audio didnt start until I installed Torq 1.0.6. Which is a real mess for most users. Even after some users rolled back to Torq 1.0.4 the install of 1.0.6 made running 1.0.4 unstable for some that never had problems before the install. I dont know if this is possible or not. But Traktor used to freeze on me before but at least the song would play to the end. I can either do a freash install or roll back to 3.2. I wonder if my .tks file and collections will still work before I do?

5. signaturex

signaturex NI Product Owner

if the older torq program also became unstable when you installed the new torque there may be some issues with the drivers that came with torque also affecting traktor.

Your traktor collection has been converted to type 9. see chapter 6 in the manual third revision.

When you re-open a converted collection the newer and un-applicable collection data is lost. I don't know how much effect this will have on your system.

You should back up your traktor three program files before you roll back so that you can recover if there is a problem. Lucky for us Native has made the 3.2.2 available for download. this is a very good thing.

Might check on those drivers?

6. djfitty

djfitty Forum Member

Thank About to do it now

7. signaturex

today after a couple weeks of spotty performance the MOtu traveler (formerly known as ROCK SOLID) completely quit working . And would not jive with the power book for a number of hours and fixes. so I un installed its operating softwares and wiped all the stuff off. and reinstalled the original osx drivers etc.

still nothing

then I started thinking .. hmmm recently installed virtual PC .

So I un-installed all microsoft bologne.

Traveler instantly starts working again.!

huh?

8. S1L1C0N

S1L1C0N Forum Member

LOL

9. djfitty

djfitty Forum Member

Used 3.2 at the club last night and no problems at all. Man I had forgot how good the effects are. If 3.2 had cdj jog like 3.3.1 it would be alright. Even keeping things on beat is easier. 3.3.1 is a piece of crap on my system.

10. signaturex

11. djfitty

djfitty Forum Member

Man, Thanks for all your help, Its seems no one at N.I. cared. Glad to see members like you step'n in and giving a helping hand and not just saying file a ticket. I see you help alot of members out. Keep up the good work and that goes for everyone else that helped out.

12. signaturex

well--im sure they care but this isn't really thier ball game--they are more likened 2 slighty removed and busey trumpish team owners who don't want to get too emotionally involved in in playback playback.

I think its a good position for NI to have the forum as a seperate entity as it can create its own identity and also they are absolved from steering it in any way. Yet through the moderators they actually have to answer to us in one way or another! Also it seems like it is one of the best feedback mechanisms for their software. ie:the trenches are right outside the castle--and we have our own castles in addition to the little holes we have dug out here. It works pretty good!

I don't think disableing half to three quarters of the software features is something they would normally recommend either. Current computer equipment is, and Im 'currently' shopping for a big boy.

13. ProDJC

ProDJC Forum Member

I used T3.3.1 Friday & Sat from about 9:30-2:00 and the waveform on one of the decks froze for about 15 seconds :confused: Fortunately the audio still performed fine with no probs. I was using the Audio 8 DJ and a Mighty Mouse along with a WD My Book Studio Edition External HD. This has never happened before. My CPU load was only 2-3 bars so don't know why this happened other than just something with the program itself.

14. signaturex

that sounds like what happens to me when I analyze something or open a long playlist while I have two decks playing. .

15. djdivide

djdivide NI Product Owner

I'm sorry mate, but that is utter rubbish. You've been starting threads like this for ages now, complaining that Traktor is rubbish and that you hate it and that NI are not helping you and using the most vile abuse towards the mods (accuasations of racism etc).

And all along it turns out that you haven't got a bloody clue how to set up your computer! 'I hate Traktor 3.3.1' is the title of this thread, so anyone visiting the forum to see how the users like Traktor would see that headline and go off and buy Torq or whatever.

But it turns out that you've been doing mental stuff like analysing your tracks during live playback, not adjusting your settings for best results, and generally not setting your machine up properly. Then, to top it all, you blame NI (again - you have a habit of this) for not helping you. If you had read the manual, done some research, and actually tested Traktor properly then none of your problems would have happend, but instead you chose to come on here and give the program hell.

For anyone who cares, I've been using Traktor for over a year on a cheap laptop without a single crash or problem. Problems that I did have in testing were due to me not setting the system up right (too much deck cache, too low latency etc) and all of this was sorted before the first gig.

DJ Fitty - you need to take some time and sort out your machine. The problems that you have been having all this time are all minor and solvable, and your Traktor experience would be greatly improved by working systematically to find out where your issues are. One thing that I can tell you from experiance is that Traktor can and does run well in a live situation.

16. signaturex

... was the hardrive asleep?

there is a section in the manual about optimizing the macintosh system.

17. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Its real simple. Using Traktor (any bloody version) on a decent laptop (in my case a Macbook Pro) is the ONLY way to DJ in real time with mp3s. Period. If your laptop is crap, bin it. If its full of dodgy software, take it off. Use it properly and it will be a joy to use.

If you are serious about DJing with your laptop you should use it only for DJing and not fill it full of crappy software or dodgy MP3s.

Theres a right way of doing things like the above reply says dont blame NI if your abusing Traktor trying to do things in a live situation that your laptop clearly cant do.

I DJ professionally 4 nites a week to 3000 people and Traktor has made my life so much easier and is one of the greatest things ive ever bought.

18. Florian G @ NI

Florian G @ NI NI Team

Hi,

as this thread has taken such a constructive turn and does contain a discussion that might be useful for users who were scared off by its original title, I have changed the title to better reflect the content.

Best,

-Florian

19. MeKL

MeKL Forum Member

I'm using Stanton Finalscratch2 on a mac book pro with a set of 2 turntable,mixer
    and i m having some cpu problems with DJ Traktor3 that i didn't have before.
    Anyone ?

20. buenputter

buenputter NI Product Owner

Which exact Traktor-Version are you using?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.