1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Traktor 3.3.1 realtime optimization discussion

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by djfitty, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djfitty

djfitty Forum Member

Yeah most of that is true I did make some accuasations of racism which we got resolved and I have complained alot about Traktor. I also have praised Traktor alot. The only reason I work 5 to 6 hour sets 7 nights a week is because I have gotten good with Traktor. I pratice during the day after I hang out at on the forum. I have alot of problems with Traktor and I do hate 3.3.1, My giging computer is a dedicated machine and I never knew I had to run Traktor at its bare minium to make it run half right. After using Traktor for the past 3 or 4 years in the club with no problems and then all of sudden this. I'm just glad I started this thread to get my shyt sorted out. At this point I dont care what software I use, I just want it to be stable. :p

2. signaturex

signaturex NI Product Owner

hahahahahahaha!:)

i was thinking the same thing and was going to put in a "thread title change request"

but it was getting so many views as "i hate traktor 3.3.1" ! :D

@djfifty --hardly an issue of racism.. i think you got your hatisms mixed up there. this would be more along the lines of - "well I don't understand why I feel strongly but I do so there is no better word for it" maybe frustrationism not based in one's own intolerance.

3. djfitty

djfitty Forum Member

Blessed are the Peasemakers

This has been one of the most helpful and constructive threads I have been in. Its painful, funny and resourceful at the same time. I hope others users continue to vent there issues with Traktor here. Some shyt you just cant get out the manual. Traktor has a few issues and some users have some great work arounds/ ideas/ solutions.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  4. S1L1C0N

S1L1C0N Forum Member

This weekend I played a gig with my new 2.2GHz MacBook Pro, 4GB of RAM, Traktor, PreSonus Firebox soundcard, VCI-100, and an external MyBook full of a friends tunes, I was scared shitless to add his tracks to my setup because we would not have time to analyze them all before we went live. But who cares, my CPU meter doesnt even show a single white bar most of the time on this new setup so we went for it!

during LIVE play, I added his 3600 tracks to my collection, and let it analyze his tracks on loading, CPU meter went up to 2 bars MAX, this while running effects and going LIVE in a full club.

Moral of the story, DONT BUY A CHEAP ASS SETUP for Traktor, buy top notch equipment, loaded with power, optimize using SignatureX's suggestions for crap to turn off, and never worry about performance issues.

5. djdivide

djdivide NI Product Owner

That is cool my man, and yes this thread has become one serious use for most people. I think with a little (more) optimisation you machine will run just fine, and you'll be happy with your setup in terms of reliability. May I suggest a little more RAM as a starting point.

7 nights a week? Fair play to that level of hard work!

6. signaturex

hey fifty.
    http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58636&highlight=alternative+library

there have been some recent posts one here that gos into syncing library to create the crates that iM talking about. I don't know how far that gets things into a self contained dvd for me but its possible with a flash device.

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61748

one cool thing about external storage is that it frees up the internal hardrive for spins devoted to the traktor decoding cache and tag/program library. There are some major flash and very big compact hardrive systems coming out right now.

7. DJ_AS

DJ_AS NI Product Owner

Fair point but your macbook pro and presonus firebox weight in at almost £2k. For that amount of cash I'd want it to cook my dinner too ;)

I think one of the things that annoys DJ Fitty is the fact that that 3.2 works fine on his system yet the relatively minor upgrade to 3.3.1 causes a complete collapse in performance. Same with me.

There must've been some pretty major changes 'under the hood' to raise T3's system requirements so dramatically between 3.2 and 3.3.1.

Back onto the subject of system optimisation, I wonder if anyone has tried a 'bespoke' audio laptop (pre-optimised for audio) like these:

http://www.sub.co.uk/index.php?sec=...esEXTRA1=2 or (category=983 and groupnum=971),

or

http://www.music-pc.com/packagebuil..._id=PCMUSIC17&prebuild_id=OSDJ&action=display

8. MeKL

MeKL Forum Member

Mac are great machine but I'm having problems on my power book G4 15" 1.33 G Hz CPU Speed to run traktor3.2.085...I'm using a pair of Stanton turntable with FS2.
    It worked fine for the first few days but now for some reason the CPU go mad every time i start to scratch with one of the desk i try changing the latency but that didn't work either.
    i haven't change the setting since it worked so I'm really struggling to find my problem.

9. signaturex

i am pretty sure that this is a powerbook in the advertisement.

http://www.sub.co.uk/index.php?sec=proddetails&pcode=PACK00000013231

I know i know. Imagine if y ou had payed close to 4000 for your mac package.soundcard. And that was quickly outdated. And now runs at the same bandwidth that Djfifty's gear does. Albiet a little more stable but still underpowered for the money. Its still got a year left on the warranty!

10. signaturex

there was some business written somewhere about deleteing the history file or something. I don't know what it was. It might have been in a tech request to NI that I did a long time ago. My brain is so fizzled I don't remember.
    Not sure on this .. would be worth some research.

Also if you have added several thousand songs to the library and are analyzing those while you are playing it could be causeing performance concerns.

One fix on the the new changelog is .performance lags. I think they might be tuning the new build up so it does run better.

11. alexanderfog

alexanderfog Forum Member

Too long... i cant get the way to help in optmization.
    i'm an IT manager working both on Mac and PC so if you give me question i can help you with fine tuning the machine to play.

Regards

12. DJ_AS

DJ_AS NI Product Owner

This is always going to be a problem with computer based systems - they go out of date sooooo quickly and upgrading gets expensive.

Whereas my Technics SL1210s and Pioneers CDJ-100 still work as perfectly as the day I bought 'em :lol:

I suppose the solution is simply not to upgrade your system so often, and accept the fact that certain software will not run well on your system :(

13. S1L1C0N

S1L1C0N Forum Member

Just like the gaming world, it takes hardware advancements frequently now to keep up with updates in software. Audio is very demanding, a quick browse of this forum shows you just how demanding Traktor users can be, this is a good indication of things to come and the number of features users want packed into the product, this also will mean that those users will need to upgrade hardware just as often.

14. Djarsennal

Djarsennal Forum Member

OK, PEOPLE YOU GUYS ARE ARGUING FOR NO REASON, IM ALMOST 100% SURE THAT THE PROBLEM IS TRAKTOR 3.3.1 WITH HERCULES MK2 USING THE HERCULES SOUND CARD, I have the same problem with it I can say had happened about 10 times under a month but NEVER! had that problem with virtual dj or Traktor 3.2 or traktor 3.3.1 with hercures using the audio8 dj as a sound card.

BUT U GUYS IGNORED MY POST, SO KEEP BLAMING THE COMPUTER....

15. signaturex

16. signaturex

thanks for bringing your post up again. this might be an issue to be gone over. I have a friend who just bought a hercules remix is that the same thing as the MK2

does the card in the hercules have its own dsp. ?

Is there anyway to turn off or disable the Mic channel on the hercules. Via the contrl panel . ?

jsut wondering for my own thoughts

17. djfitty

djfitty Forum Member

Yeah but I use the Hercules on my back up system that I set up also. My main computer I use the Xponent. I had the same problem with Traktor 3.3.1 with both units. Maybe these two have something in common.

18. signaturex

yea.. im thinking its the drivers and DSP not being set up correctly.

is there a link to the hercules manual and circuit diagrams.

if this unit doesn't have its own routing dsp for connection of the turntables and microphone that could be a major part of the problem.

19. djfitty

djfitty Forum Member

I'll check it out if nobody else gets it for you first. I have to get going to my Monday gig. The one that I had the lock ups at.:lol: :lol: :lol:

20. S1L1C0N

S1L1C0N Forum Member

Diaf =)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.