1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

New Traktor 3.4 220 slow with large collection / T3.3 108 download

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by lem_sessions, Sep 11, 2020.

1. lem_sessions

lem_sessions NI Product Owner

I have two collections that I use - one is a complete collection of all the music I own and one is made from bookmarks of the large one. Traktor 3.3 108 runs both collections fine, although it does take a long time to load the large one.

Loading the large one into T3.4 220 takes forever, and after it loads I can switch between all the Playlists but once I go back to Track Collection it takes a long time to come up with the list. If I go to another playlist and switch back - same thing at least 5-10 mins of sitting there. Even running normally fast hourglass queries take a long time now. While there are a few slow downs in 108, it handles large collections really well. The new Query Designer in 3.4 is certainly a welcome addition and from what I could tell it works fast on large collections however the performance issues step in the way of enjoying it.

I understand that this large collection issue may not get addressed by support so I am asking for a copy of Traktor 3.3 108 so that I can go back to it in case the 3.4 release cannot handle the collection size, which I am now expecting. Could you please give me a download link for Traktor 3.3 108? I will still be running 3.4 on my Surface with the smaller collection., and I do dig the new interface and the Surface Pro 6 is a really good audio machine.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  2. lem_sessions

PS: Another issue that I've been having is Traktor 3.3 simply shutting down with no warning after a few hours -- it just disappears. I am posting this here to see if anyone else has any problem(s) like that? While the time varies, it does get shut down eventually every time. It is always the same entry in Event Viewer:
    Faulting application name: Traktor.exe, version: 3.3.0.108, time stamp: 0x5e6a9a85
    Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.488, time stamp: 0x0d8057d8
    Exception code: 0xc0000409
    Fault offset: 0x000000000007287e
    Faulting process id: 0x2ed4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d68853064ab479
    Faulting application path: C:\Audio\Traktor Pro 3\Traktor.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
    Report Id: 8239925d-0918-4ac1-8516-76042bedabd1

I realize this is not a support issue, just wanting to see whether this happens to anyone else.

TRAKTOR LATENCY TIP: I had latency issues with Traktor in general and I could not figure it out for quite a while. I started tracking program by program, service by service and found out the culprit. If you have a AMD Video card such as Radeon you install the new drivers periodically and one point in the installation it shows you the User Agreement, and below there is some text with a check mark. I naturally filled in that checkbox every time, thinking it's to agree to the above. Wrong -- checking that box installs the AMD Customer Experience Program, without a lot of us knowing that's what we just did. This installs windows services that bring Traktor to its knees as the audio skips constantly and the mixing becomes impossible.

Getting rid of this bugger turned out to be a bit more tricky than the youtube video said. The driver has been upgraded and the button to remove the Customer Experience Program seems to not work, as the video said it should. So I went brute force at it, first finding out where that AMD culprit was hiding and then deleting all the files in that folder.

My Traktor 3.3 108 has been perfect since then.

3. DJ Flex I

DJ Flex I NI Product Owner

how many songs do you have in the collection?

4. lem_sessions

Enough for it to be a handful or two ;) I can tell you my DJ collection is 282k tracks and the surface pro 6 with Traktor 3.4b handle that really well and it operates really fast. I have some more testing to do but the Traktor 3.4 beta seems rather stable, but I will leave it on and see if my windows will shut it down as well. This likely is not a Traktor issue, but it is the only app with this error. Is there a release date for 3.4 yet?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. DJ Flex I

Thanks, I am asking because my collection is Huge as well, and I really don't want to risk to update if search performance in the entire track collection is compromised in some way..

6. lem_sessions

Let's just say that I would not install 3.4 release for my large collection without having a file copy of T3.3 108 to go back to -- NI please send us a link for 108 installer. Thank You.

7. lem_sessions

Traktor BETA 273 behaves very similar to 220 - you can use the F keys to go to any playlist and load and play tracks, once you go back to F1 - Traktor Collection the program freezes for minutes. It is not fully frozen, because it comes back after minutes, but it is basically seemingly unusable for us with large collections. I am still waiting for my scroll bar to be fixed so it works properly with a large collection, but it is really disappointing that RC2 of T3.4 does not support large collections at this time. Traktor is the only program that can handle large collections properly so it is sad we will not be able to use T3.4 and reap the benefits of a proper query designer - something SO important for large collections. I still hope you can fix this problem - I am available for testing any alphas or betas anytime. Do not lose your status as THE dj tool for us collectors for something that again is likely to be a simple fix.

I will still enjoy Traktor 3.4 and its benefits on my Surface Pro 6 with my Kontrol S4mk3. This will allow me to keep Traktor 3.3.108 on my main studio machine for collection work, however we still hope you will look into this after all T3.4 ain't crippled, just has trouble (and time) accessing the large Collection. By the way - I have 32GB of Ram. Thanks.

1. To obtain a copy of Traktor 3.3 r108 installer, you will need a previous installation of Traktor, install it and then go to Native Access and run the 3.3 update. Check the process and see where the installer is located (a temporary folder) and there will be a copy of 108 installer there, just copy it somewhere and you're done. With this we can go back to the latest Traktor that supports large libraries -- 108. This will only work until 3.4 is released.

2. I have possibly fixed my WIN10 Traktor quitting suddenly problem. It was running for 4 days without any incidents. If this is the fix, then my computer had a DISM error 87 once I ran the checker:
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    The first line found the error 87, the second one removed it for me and Traktor 3.3.108 seems fine now without suddenly quitting.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  8. DJ Flex I

Can you share your entire hardware, do you keep your collection on the SSD drive? CPU, etc.. This sounds very disturbing, despite we are all eagerly waiting the release.

9. lem_sessions

Just as I thought I fixed my Windows 10 Traktor quit problem, it happened again. This is an ongoing issue I have with Windows on the Studio PC which is:
    - AMD 6-core 3.4 GHz with 32 GBs of RAM with Radeon 460 GFX card
    - Collection is on an 1TB SSD
    - MediaSonic ProBox USB 3.0 enclosure for the HDs (best investment i've made by far other than Kontrol S4mk3)

Basic Problem: The same collection that works on Traktor 3.3 108 does not work the same in T3.4 273 although it does load, there is a delay when you switch to the Collection - on 3.3 it is 3-5 seconds while on the 3.4 beta this can take minutes.Even after that when you repeat the action, it still takes minutes.

The collections do have a minimum memory requirement based on their size. While my main collection works fine on my 32gb machine, if I try to load the same collection on my 16GB machine I would get a "collection invalid error". Perhaps 3.3 and 3.4 deal with memory slightly differently. EIther way it would be great to have the Smartlists query designer to use in 3.4. I will continue to test beta 3.4 for everything else.