1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

New Traktor 3.4 wipes Beatport's Publish date from tracks

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by SpirosG, Apr 16, 2020.

1. SpirosG

SpirosG NI Product Owner

Traktor 3.4 wipes Beatport Publish date from tracks (%releasetime% tags) when write tags/traktor custom tags to files options are enabled. The tracks i've tested are in mp3 format.
    Also it seems that Traktor writes some ID3v1 tags on the files.

There are many bug reports regarding Traktor's behavior when it comes to tags.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. alec.tron

alec.tron NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  3. SpirosG

SpirosG NI Product Owner

Any update on this?

These are the changes happening to tags because of the Bug in Traktor

First picture before Traktor and Second one after.

Annotation 2020-04-21 153011.jpg

Annotation 2020-04-21 153449.jpg

Also as i mentioned Traktor creates some ID3v1 Tags, at least give as the option to choose what type of tags will be saved on the files (ID3v1, ID3v2.3 or IDv2.4), i want to have one type of tags for various reasons.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  4. Enzo @ NI

Enzo @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hi SpirosG,
    thanks for betatesting Traktor and reporting your issue here!

The issue has been filed internally and we are actively looking into this part of the code. I hope to see this fixed in one of the following betas!

Best, Enzo

• Like Like x 2
  5. SpirosG

SpirosG NI Product Owner

Same problem occurs with the new Beta Enzo @ NI .

6. Sander @ NI

Sander @ NI NI Team NI Team

SpirosG It was not in the fixed list, this bug will be addressed in the upcoming betas ;)

7. Cheef Roberts

Cheef Roberts NI Product Owner

I turn off custom tag writing and also set all my music to read only so Traktor can't edit the date metadata and mess up my tracks that have sfv files. In the past traktor would delete my date or replace it with 01 January and the year. Very annoying.

8. Diogo @ NI

Diogo @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hello SpirosG,

I am investigating the issue regarding the deletion of Beatport's release date. I will PM you for more details.

Best, Diogo

9. decat_Tf

decat_Tf NI Product Owner

It even rewrites deleted tags.
    When importing new tracks I work them through mp3tag & kid3 and delete all the tags I don't need. Work is being saved in both programs.
    When custom tags are enabled traktor rewrites the deleted information back to the tags, where it gets the information from, no idea. :(

10. alec.tron

Just a heads up in case this slipped through, as both issues flagged here ("wipes Beatport Publish date from tracks" & ID3 v1 tags are added to files for no apparent reason ) seem to still be present in: Beta 3.4.0.233 Uploaded(Release Candidate)
    and both are user-data destroying/altering bugs that should be fixed as soon as they are discovered...
    Would be grand to fix the broken metadata handling.

Thanks.
    c.

11. SpirosG

SpirosG NI Product Owner

I'm not that optimistic about a solution any time soon!
    The last communication i've had about this was two months and a half ago through PM.

Tag handling doesn't seem to be on the top of their priorities!

12. alec.tron

Aye, it seems that way.
    But, it also depends how vocal (in a friendly & respectful way...) users are about a given bug - in this case, Traktor having 2 user-data destroying bugs for multiple releases. And so far on here, we're only 4 people who seem to have a problem with this metadata removal/altering by Traktor...

One ray of hope is this though:
    https://www.native-instruments.com/...ulti-value-tags-i-e-more-than-1-genre.327465/
    being the 3rd most popular feature request (behind XDJ-1000 support, which has been added since, and flexible beatgrids, sharing 3rd place with the DJ SC-5000 support request...), and the same picture here for the TDJ2 Feature request support section of the recently shut down support channel asking for multi-value & custom metadata support (https://support.native-instruments....alue-custom-fields-value-remapping-etc-en-us-).

So fingers crossed this is starting to become a priority and a reality some time soon (I am still hoping).
    c.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020