1. Hi everyone,

Apple just released Logic Pro 10.5 for MacOS 10.15. We found out that Crush Pack, Mod Pack, Replika, and Replika XT will crash.

Our teams are currently working on a fix, and we hope to have this out to you as soon as we can!

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

TRAKTOR 3... DECK LOCKED!!! in the middle of a gig!!

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by macsoft, Feb 16, 2019.

1. macsoft

macsoft NI Product Owner

I thought I was crazy when this happened in the middle of a gig! Can this happen in such a popular LIVE performance piece of software?!
    PANIC mode on! THE DECK IS NOT PLAYING YOU STUPID PIECE OF SOFTWARE!! that didn't work... nothing did...
    I ended up playing deck C instead of deck A.. But I had to do it all with keyboard and mouse, because on X1 I can only control 2 decks..
    terrible scenario and it was my first time at that club!!!
    What is going on, how can this happen on TRAKTOR.... 3?! and what can I do when this happens?
    thanks

2. Sussudio

Sussudio NI Product Owner

I have had the same thing happening in Traktor 2 pro sometimes. This is always the left deck, never the right.
    Only solutions:
    - Go to your settings and untick "Only load in stopped deck". That will allow you to load into the locked deck again. But you need to keep this setting for the rest of the gig (and I know this setting has saved me from stupid things many times, so this is dangerous for me)
    - Play some music from another source, while you restart Traktor. After restart the issue is gone.
    - Use Deck C; not so nice when you do not have that mapped to a controller. Also not nice when you don't need 4 decks on screen.

There is at least one other thread about this issue. So NI still did not fix this in Traktor 3 ?

3. macsoft

macsoft NI Product Owner

I just googled and find out this is a problem with years and years!!! How can they charge for an upgrade to Traktor 3 and STILL haven't fixed such a grave error?!
    Mine was on the left deck too, but I've found some people having it happen on the one on the right too...
    This long time bug, together with the freeze on exit and loosing playlists if not saved, I just don'r know how will they keep people from fleeing this platform...
    I had a cracked version of traktor before I turned "pro" and I NEVER had a problem... When I pay for it, this is what I get...

4. Brian J.

Brian J. NI Product Owner

Mac or PC? Or both? I’m on a Mac and never had this problem.

5. Sussudio

Yes, this bug is at least 5 years old. See the other thread from 2014 ..... How hard can it be to find a deck's playing state?

Brian J. : I'm on Windows 10 and I guess by his forumname macsoft is on a Mac? So not OS specific I think.

6. macsoft

macsoft NI Product Owner

I'm on a Mac..
    So on lasts night gig another not so bad problem: I just couldn't add song to a playlist. only a restart helped...

7. embargo

embargo New Member

Same problem here with scratch pro 2 and still in version 3 on a mac. That's the reason why I ALWAYS still bring a bag of Vinyl to bridge the gap while I restart Traktor. Awesome problem, happens almost every gig and is another reason why I think about a change to recordbox ....

8. niggellas

niggellas New Member

just signing in to say I have the same problem on mac and its absolutely sad that this problem isnt finally fixed with Pro 3 (Im using S2 MK3). I have had problems with Traktor since early release of Traktor Scratch 2. I guess its finally time to switch to Serato and get a different controller.

9. NowaNanda

NowaNanda New Member

Same problem here on mac with Traktor 3.1.1 .

Changing the deck flavor to "remix" and back did NOT work.

Only an application restart helps.

Native instruments ??

10. Dj pako

Dj pako New Member

This also happens to me several times with different versions of Traktor in Windows 7 & Windows 10. Untick "Only load in stopped deck" allows loading but some times I change the song playing in the air. If native instruments add an option in preferences/loading "Lock only on air decks" i believe this solve the problem.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  11. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

its really something that you have done your selves, make sure you have a spare "layout view" so that you can see all taktors functions on screen at once. there you will see that you have accidentally pressed something preventing play back or loading on the deck in question.

12. Sussudio

andyfoz could you please name all Traktor functions that could possibly prevent us from loading a track in a stopped deck? Is hitting the pause-button not enough to have a deck stop playing to enable loading a new track ?

What options do you believe have to be enabled in the config to show all Traktor's function on screen at once?

13. shamoo!

shamoo! NI Product Owner

Sometimes when I load tracks into a deck it freezes and I have to reload different the track or a few different tracks before it loads normally.

It's nothing to do with the track itself, I think something has just gone funny over last few updates and probably need to do a wipe to see if that makes it go away.

14. Nehemias Arangure

Nehemias Arangure New Member

That worked for me , now i have to pay attentio not to load a song in a playin deck :)