1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Traktor 3 Tips & Tricks

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by PhilL, Nov 25, 2005.

1. canton

canton NI Product Owner

Most stable platform for running T3?

Hi,

I've been using my G4 OS X laptop to do double-duty as my work machine and my DJ machine. Have been thinking it's risky to take my work to clubs and such, so...

... will be buying a new laptop just for running T3. At the present moment, is any particular OS/Platform more stable than any other? Running on my G4 has been *fairly* stable, but not great. I'm worried about moving to a Mac Intel (macbook), seems like it would be less stable. (Is it?)

If the windows version is signfiicantly more stable, I'd buy a windows laptop though I've been a mac guy all my life.

Thanks!

- canton
    http://www.ontology.com/dj
    http://www.ontology.com/canton
    http://www.sampleswap.org

2. garret

garret NI Product Owner

@canton -
    No offense meant, but I suggest searching the Traktor forums with terms such as 'macbook', 'mactel', 'stable platform' etc to find threads that might contain the answers to your questions.

AFAIK, this thread should be for giving 'Traktor 3 Tips & Tricks' rather than asking general questions.

;)

3. rajvind

rajvind New Member

reordings

can someone please tell me how to downsize the recording files...its too big. like 10 mb for 30 secs...
    please:(

4. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

wav-files ARE big. its because they're uncompressed.

google for a wav to mp3 converter.

5. gamma

gamma NI Product Owner

Wav to MP3 converter: have a look at audiograbber (free):

http://www.audiograbber.com.fr/

The site is in french, but the soft is in EN.

- Grabs audio from CDs > WAV or MP3
    - Converts WAV > MP3 (you choose the encoder)
    - Records what goes through your soundcard (for example, Internet Radio)
    - and much more.

I've been using it for years, works flawlessly.

I you need to deal with MP3 tags, have a look at ManiacTools' Mo3Tag: Music file tag editor for MP3, WMA, APE, OGG Vorbis, AAC, Musepack MPC/MPP/MP+, FLAC, WV and Apple iPod MP4/M4a files with extended features: www.maniactools.com.
    I't just perfect.

6. Buffman

Buffman NI Product Owner

Way too late for Lucie's benefit, but worth mentioning for the newbies that autoplay sets the channel fader to 0 for the non-active track. When you skip out of autoplay, it will leave that fader down, so you have to drag it back up to hear that channel/deck.

7. Alexander Stun_Tf

Alexander Stun_Tf New Member

How lock sorting in Playlist/Mixes item?
    Thank you!

8. Buffman

Buffman NI Product Owner

Sorry, don't understand the question...

9. soup818

soup818 New Member

does anyone know how to set up a dac-2 controller with gizmo midi emulator and traktor 3

10. Gian-Pa

Gian-Pa NI Product Owner

What do you use to search for files/tracks?

Let me explain why I don't use the traktor built-in research.

I have a PC which I use to manage and organize my music using a eSATA HD.
    I have albums, compilations, promos, singles, ecc sorted by Genre.
    Example: /Rock/CDs/Kasabian/01 - Club Foot.mp3

When I add or delete mp3's from by hard drive I connect it to my MacBook Pro, spotlight doesn't re-index the new mp3's I have added!

I would like to use a fast and reliable way to search and FIND my tracks!

Adding traktor to the library my music is Very Slow (500Gbs of music)

Spotlight manual re-indexing (from terminal) is very slow as well.

In Windows I use locate32 and is fast and very good. I haven't found a similar software for Mac OSX...

I think every one needs a fine way to find not just for artists but also for file names...

11. mark-us652

mark-us652 Forum Member

ref quick search as odd as it sounds i find google desktop very effective as long as i title the tracks correctly and include a bpm i can even search by likely fit. If you also include the key in the title you can search by harmonic fit also

12. gamma

gamma NI Product Owner

Sure ! Why not Microsoft Windows Explorer "Search" function?
    :)

13. mark-us652

mark-us652 Forum Member

would take far toooooo loooong!

14. Gian-Pa

Gian-Pa NI Product Owner

the only think I'll use I think is leopards' spotlight and just delete the index of my 2 partition of my external hard drive. It takes about 10 mins for 480gb by eSATA .... I hope it won't take 20min for my 1TB firewire 800 coming soon (hopefully)...
    Or probably I just have to import and have a partition for DJ/Dance/Club music for traktor usage and another for all other genres :(

15. El Ninio

El Ninio New Member

Traktor 3 help ME!

Hello Folks! I've just put Traktor 3.3 onto a new laptop. It seemed to work yesterday for five minutes, then I set all my hotkeys and let it. Today, however, when I play the decks it sounds distorted and like the decks are skipping back on themselves and the sound is terrible and crackly.

What going on there then? Is it a problem with Vista? Please help me!

16. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

This is QUITE an interesting tip! Or was it a trick?

Thanks for sharing!

Can't wait to try it when I get home!

17. drbeat

drbeat New Member

Ahhh.. another bit of idiocracy from Chilly, is it me, or is he useless? . Hey I too use Vista as an operating system. I have had no problems with it interfering with Traktor. Although I did have that problem once on an XP system. I tried like hell to figure it out, but it seemed to resolve itself, because I didn't do anything different. After that though, I did purchase the Traktor Scratch, which comes with the Audio 8 dj Sound card. But even now when I use the internal sound card, no more problem. Windows just acts up sometimes, which could be the reason most people use a MAC with Traktor:D . I prefer Windows. Whatever... I would maybe check your sound card setup? What sound card are you using?

18. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

Good tip/trick!

Thanks for sharing!

19. drbeat

drbeat New Member

You're welcome, hope it helps you....

20. dj delights

dj delights NI Product Owner

Crossfader off?

How do i do this i never use the crossfader only channel faders, i can get rid of the crossfader from the screen but it still works with my controller. Also i read in the manual the filters are set to use the crossfader how do you use this without swopping channels?