Traktor 3 Tips & Tricks

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR 3' started by PhilL, Nov 25, 2005.

1. dj wb

dj wb Forum Member

i would like to assign minimize and maximize of deck a&b or c&d to a midi button but can't find the controll in the list
    . does some 1 know were i can find this controll ?

2. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

nope, unfortunately no hotkeys for minimizing/ maximizing the decks (i'm missing this too!).

workarund: using two layouts and toggling between these.

3. dj wb

dj wb Forum Member

to bad :(
    but that's a good idea !

is there a way to copy layouts and move them up & down ?

4. DJ Freshfluke

i wish ... :(

5. dj wb

dj wb Forum Member

[​IMG]

i'm going 2 request some features in the beta testing :)

6. trance alba

trance alba Forum Member

Dont think its been mentioned but this is an invaluabe tool for me when mixing "last minute" or slightly random acapellas;
    instead of using pitch bend to gradually slow down or speed up a track to keep it in sync, you can hold the mouse over the phasing bar at the top of the deck and scroll your mouse wheel. Instead of noticeable pitch bending, the track jumps in tiny increments which are much more subtle. This is about the only thing I now use the mouse for!

7. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

I had no clue you could even do this. I should hook a mouse up and try it! lol

8. mishmashmole

mishmashmole NI Product Owner

Nice, can this be assigned to midi I wonder......

Would be nice to hear more about mixing techniques in this section rather than the technical stuff. e.g. You can make a nice mix by doing a 1 beat or 2 beat loop in the track your mixing into, especially on a track the crowd will know. Use some fx on it too to and once they realise what the track is they'll go wild. Well, maybe not.

9. trance alba

trance alba Forum Member

no your right; teasing the audience does work well, keep 'em wanting more by dropping hints of whats coming.

as for mixing techniques, i try to make pre-arranged loops of the most recognisable/impacting parts of a track, so you can drop it in as a teaser, plus i find the beatjump invaluable, from jumping to & from areas with drums, with hats, plus you can speed up your mixing if need be by doing this; set off your beatmatched second track from the first beat, make sure its bang on time, jump 32 beats backwards or far enough so there's about 5 or more seconds til it kicks in, put the fader all the way up/crossfader in the middle, however you do it, as soon as you see the new track about to kick in, cut most of the original tracks bass or however much high & low cut you deem neccesary. the new track will still be in time (9 times out of 10!) and if it has a short intro, you've got it into the mix right from the start, no missing the first 8/16 beats while you're fine tuning the sync. sure, you could just as easy have a loop at the start, but it makes getting tracks up & going a lot faster.

10. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

I disagree...mixing techniques is one thing, 'enhanced' functionality of Traktor is another.

I can agree that there could be a separate topic about mixing techniques though :)

11. mishmashmole

mishmashmole NI Product Owner

Don't get me wrong, I love enhanced functionality. But let's hear more about how we function with the functionality.

Separate topic would be sound.

12. trance alba

trance alba Forum Member

I HEARTFULLY agree, this forum (asides the chilly/telly banter) is pretty much just a problem solving place for people that only post to ask something that gets asked 5 times a week and not in the right section...

I remember before joining this forum, seeing the "tips & tricks" section and thinking "yay, hopefully a thread with more useful posts and less problem solving or feature requests," sadly, thats not the case.

The 15+ (slight exaggeration, but only slight) references to the ricky hawtin videos would have fitted in nicely here, plus it could be a place where people openly offer useful "tips & tricks," funily enough, be it on their setup or DJing, without it being a reply to someone else, for those of us on this forum who aren't having problems.

This thread could potentially be the most useful to people such as myself, yet there are so few posts in it, there are still some from JUNE on this page.

No doubt this forum is THE place to come if you're having problems, but to me it feels like its all take and no give.

Rant over.

As you were.

13. mcmath50

mcmath50 New Member

Hi People,

Hope yous can help me.........
    Iv just set up Traktor 3 LE with my bcd3000.but when traktor is running it cuts out every 15secs for about 3secs.then kicks back in again............

last night i got my bcd3000 working with it but when i went on today again, it didnt work with the traktor, i must have pressed something or maybe not shut it down properly.......

so as i stand traktor keeps cutting out aand i cant get my bcd3000 to work with the traktor.have anyone got any ideas.......this seems to happen as iv been speaking to a few people and it was the same with them........

cheers

14. The Russian

The Russian New Member

Hi guys. I am new here.

Few weeks ego I got Traktor 3 ( version 3.3 to be correct ) on Ebay.
    Problem is, it was an educational version, so the seller could not transfer his serial.

edited

15. DJ Freshfluke

sorry for you, but it wasnt legal to sell an EDU version...

16. The Russian

The Russian New Member

I figured that out after contacting the NI support, but the point is I still have an entire package, and only thing I need is another serial. ( So I hope that somebody who stopped using it's traktor 3 can help me out ).

17. nicolasboiton

nicolasboiton Forum Member

tsi file for evo5

anybody ?